Warzone Beat Battle - April 29-30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
but for real.. i'd like both.. and all you fuckers to give me some critiques
i want to know what I could have done to push it towards top 2.

Soon as I hit play, I'm like 10 seconds in like 'this is dope!!!' I really love this. Your beats are dope, my guy. Don't get misled or dissuaded by battle results, sometimes it's how it is. But your stuff is quality.

My only real critiques would be this...
- Mix is good, but I'd probably try brighten up that Mid channel - it just feels a little sheltered/covered.
- first verse to me felt like it really didn't match rhythmically. Second verse fit a lot better.

That's literally all. Bit brighter/less covered in the mid. First verse didn't gel for me. Minor.

Solid work.

i've already learned alot since i've been back to the Ill.
i wanna keep that going.
:brofist:
that's the way, man! Keep at it. Like, you're literally right there. Beats and mixes are really decent, honestly the results for you right now I think is largely down to luck of the draw. I've seen crog not even get top5 with absolute bangers.

I honestly would feel like my track was top 5.

This is important. If you feeling like that, you're probably right, and it means you actually know and are confident in your beat. Even if you have that doubt.

Maybe it was and no one is debating that, but I got unlucky to face number 4 in the 2nd round

Literally that. Luck of the draw...

my first Battle That, I got put up against djfeedme in R1 and went out. But my beat was a couple people's favourite or something. And won a Attack Of The Beats with it.

Stay doing your thing bro, and stay inquisitive getting that feedback -- you'll realise your stuff is considered really good by a lot of top people here.

Thanks for the feedback. Noted that my beat wasn’t too busy but really felt that it sounded better as is with MFDOOM and that when I added another instrument it felt off so this time round I went for less is more and stripped it down again.
I originally attempted OutKast - ATLiens but just couldn’t get it to sit right with a beat. Maybe attempt again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.