Warzone Beat Battle - August 19-20, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I wasn't even dissing the reggaeton beat. I actually thought it was dope. If we are doing a hip-hop battle a reggaeton beat is not hip-hop. Congrats to the winner @Armani . My pick was @Fury Beats, good mixing, solid drum kit selection, dope horn sample, real 90's NY hip-hop vibe.

Last edited:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Well fuck me, @Face Valid I swore your shit was 2Gs, good stuff man lol. Way to fake me out, drums sounded A LOT like 2g... damn.

For my Horns, I use BBC Orchestra and Kontakt Session Horns... No idea why or how I got past round 2, especially since it was not sampled... this was a beat I was fucking around with like a year ago and it matched the theme and I had no time to make a new beat so I remixed and edited a lil and did the whole... fk it, send it!

Good shit Arvin, Congrats man! Nice clean beat... nice mixing... nothing to say bad about it bout it. Rocked hard.

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
Well fuck me, @Face Valid I swore your shit was 2Gs, good stuff man lol. Way to fake me out, drums sounded A LOT like 2g... damn.

For my Horns, I use BBC Orchestra and Kontakt Session Horns... No idea why or how I got past round 2, especially since it was not sampled... this was a beat I was fucking around with like a year ago and it matched the theme and I had no time to make a new beat so I remixed and edited a lil and did the whole... fk it, send it!

Good shit Arvin, Congrats man! Nice clean beat... nice mixing... nothing to say bad about it bout it. Rocked hard.
Bro, I said the same thing. I though face was 2good lol. Thx for the tip on using NBC orchestra. Definitely want to integrate plugins into my samples. Your horns sound very good btw. And that outta my mind vocals is sick. Congrats.

I struggled with that one big time, uploaded non sampled beat for war zone then realised how Shite it was, quickly hopped on you tube and sampled some guy with a Tuba and switched by beat, not that it helped of course :ROFLMAO:
Well done all :clap:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
I struggled with that one big time, uploaded non sampled beat for war zone then realised how Shite it was, quickly hopped on you tube and sampled some guy with a Tuba and switched by beat, not that it helped of course :ROFLMAO:
Well done all :clap:
Yeah was a bit simple bro, sounds like you might have rushed it. Not a typical beat from you I can tell that much.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Bro, I said the same thing. I though face was 2good lol. Thx for the tip on using NBC orchestra. Definitely want to integrate plugins into my samples. Your horns sound very good btw. And that outta my mind vocals is sick. Congrats.
BBC Orchestra, not NBC lol. I used mainly Kontakt session horns, only a bit of BBC for a lil background mixing. I have the free version, the full version is like $1k or some bullshit.

Anyone else get that ‘oh for fuck sake feeling’ in round one of warzone when you see it’s you beat and then the first 5 seconds of the others deflates you instantly :ROFLMAO:

Last 3 Warzone first rounds I’ve been so lucky to draw with @2GooD Productions, @Armani and @crog85.

Simple answer, I need to get better so the draw doesn’t matter whilst all of you sleep for a few years, too much to ask? :unsure:

DiFKiNCHi

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 34
@Mahlhavoc As soon as I heard your intro in our round,
Sad No Way GIF by Tennis TV
I knew I was finished. Good work.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Not bashing anyone's work, but it's hard to get a good horn sound without sampling.
Fade said this many times. Tough theme for me. Curious, any plugins that offer a realistic brass sound?

Spitfire Audio LABS Trumpet Fields...

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

The one @Mahlhavoc mentioned is actually quite good and surprisingly also from Spitfire:

Congrats @Armani on the win!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.