Warzone Beat Battle - August 19-20, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
We need a giant red "OH FFS" button that you guys can all smash during each round.

Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

Well fuck me, @Face Valid I swore your shit was 2Gs, good stuff man lol. Way to fake me out, drums sounded A LOT like 2g... damn.

For my Horns, I use BBC Orchestra and Kontakt Session Horns... No idea why or how I got past round 2, especially since it was not sampled... this was a beat I was fucking around with like a year ago and it matched the theme and I had no time to make a new beat so I remixed and edited a lil and did the whole... fk it, send it!

Good shit Arvin, Congrats man! Nice clean beat... nice mixing... nothing to say bad about it bout it. Rocked hard.
Well makes a change from you mistaking me for Iron Keys! Either way it's a flattering comparison!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Well done lil bro @Armani

Noticed you really have that pop record vibe going for a while now. Was the trumpets a sample or?

Good composition in terms of songwriting, i like the radio effect midway.

Only thing I'd say for the mix, is I think the piano was overrrly wide (this is an issue for most piano presets as is), I think it could have been brought in a bit. And potentially the piano was too dominant (maybe because of its width), I think it needed to sit back a bit to support, as it felt a bit as if it was fighting with the the other main element/s.
Drums nice too.

Great work.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Not bashing anyone's work, but it's hard to get a good horn sound without sampling.
Fade said this many times. Tough theme for me. Curious, any plugins that offer a realistic brass sound?
Personally, from my experience using horns in the past. It's not so much about the vst/preset (even real horns can sound corny/fake af), it's more about how you use them.

I'd say this is definitely one of the cases where you really have to be brutal about whether what you're playing suits the instrument.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Anthouse Beats
cool beat,
you distorting a lottt in places it sounds like tho?
track seems to be 'screaming' a bit, like you hit the mastering limiter real hard?
Feels like a lot of harshness, or 'harsh' elements (could be in general, or could also be 'cause of the limiter).
I think if you get the mix/master right on this one it'll be real tasty beat.

Battle Points: 30
@Anthouse Beats
cool beat,
you distorting a lottt in places it sounds like tho?
track seems to be 'screaming' a bit, like you hit the mastering limiter real hard?
Feels like a lot of harshness, or 'harsh' elements (could be in general, or could also be 'cause of the limiter).
I think if you get the mix/master right on this one it'll be real tasty beat.
I hear what you are saying. Have to work on the mix alot. But most of all the gain was boosted. I am glad you liked it though. I appreciate the feedback as well.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Missing Fades reviews, yall people never thank a mofo for reviewing or giving feedback... prolly why he stopped doing the

"Fades Original Reviews, Evaluations and Scrutiny while Keeping In the Nude " or Fades Foreskins. Shame on you all :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.