Warzone Beat Battle - July 22-23, 2022

• warzone results coming in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
it's even less considering how the 3 seconds aren't 3 consecutive seconds, just 3 different individual seconds from different parts of the track...
Kill Me Now GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
aight quick confession.

I listen to like 3 seconds of every track for voting. it genuinely takes me that long to take the decision 80% of the times because the gap between the 2 beats are usually huge. this battle had the rare moment where I had to listen to most of the beat to decide which one's better a couple of times, I remember one of them to be the @DrA vs @Soap one. but yeah maybe that's why I don't get the thing. the battle where I listen to more of the beats is Beat This! but then again there are themes there, so it'd also be hard to learn everyone's patterns since the beats are all weird because of the theme.
i do similar. but you have to listen to a bit more.

I kinda skip in to get a feel, some are obvious, one could be hprrendously mixed. mega poor production, and one is solid pro sounding. quick decision. but on tracks both wlel produced you gotta consider.

To claim Soap's beat was a write-off vs the other beat is insane.

i do similar. but you have to listen to a bit more.

I kinda skip in to get a feel, some are obvious, one could be hprrendously mixed. mega poor production, and one is solid pro sounding. quick decision. but on tracks both wlel produced you gotta consider.

To claim Soap's beat was a write-off vs the other beat is insane.
no I mean that battle was one where I DID Listen to the entirety of both beats. and I didn't vote for Soap either I think, merely cause I loved how he started the bar but not how he changed the chord and continued the beat. felt like it lacked focus. even tho I loved his drops n all.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@Armani congrats man, I really liked your entry.

Mix was good, nice arrangement to keep the listener engaged, dope drums (love the reverb on them), the subtile sub bass really puts power to it.
Some small criticism: Not a big fan of the thin piano sound at 0:38 and trough out. It's sometimes played in a different key/chord , therefore creates dissonance with your sample game. (The intention to change the chords to bring some variety is good, but it has to be in line with the rest to avoid dissonance.) Also the crash cymbal at 0:19 is off beat, is it stuck in the sample?

Again solid beat with a lot of character to it, well done.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
it was just kinda put together well, so it went hard. some other beats had harder individual sounds but the sounds didn't work out with each other in harmony as well as Supreme, so unless it was a lucky shot, @DrA knows his shit. I assume we'll see wins from him later.

my only complaint about this battle is that neither @Amnesia nor u entered. I was anticipating 20$ or at least a shittalk thriller, it's like the 2 bye's were just the battle waiting for u 2 to submit. also glad to see @2GooD Productions Back at it. Well only Somewhat glad cuz now it'll probably take a few more years to take his crown, if I'm in luck.

I got something for the next battle and anyone can get it

Shoot Up Shots Fired GIF by BrownSugarApp

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Alright this was it for me. 3 years ago I decided to learn how to make beats. Now that I have it's time to return to my true passion in life which has always been robbing people and/or masturbating in public areas. Honestly it's also about that time where a few years inside will probably be good for my health. Give my body a well deserved rest from all the chemicals and what not.
Anyways. It's been fun having y'all kick my ass in these battles.
Maybe I'll be back again a couple of years from now if the site's still up and running.
We'll see.
Untill then congrats @Armani and to the rest of you magnificent buttfuckers and fuckettes
20220724_230407.gif

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Alright this was it for me. 3 years ago I decided to learn how to make beats. Now that I have it's time to return to my true passion in life which has always been robbing people and/or masturbating in public areas. Honestly it's also about that time where a few years inside will probably be good for my health. Give my body a well deserved rest from all the chemicals and what not.
Maybe I'll be back again a couple of years from now if the site's still up and running.
We'll see.
Untill then congrats @Armani and to the rest of you magnificent buttfuckers and fuckettes
View attachment 6518
sad cat GIF
sad cat GIF
sadness GIF
cat depression GIF
Sad Cat GIF
sad cat GIF
sad cat GIF
sad kitty GIF

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
We'll see.
View attachment 6518
Good Bye Beard GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

@Armani congrats man, I really liked your entry.

Mix was good, nice arrangement to keep the listener engaged, dope drums (love the reverb on them), the subtile sub bass really puts power to it.
Some small criticism: Not a big fan of the thin piano sound at 0:38 and trough out. It's sometimes played in a different key/chord , therefore creates dissonance with your sample game. (The intention to change the chords to bring some variety is good, but it has to be in line with the rest to avoid dissonance.) Also the crash cymbal at 0:19 is off beat, is it stuck in the sample?

Again solid beat with a lot of character to it, well done.
Duuuuuuude I swear my brain hurts everything I hear that piano too. I guess I just kept it cuz I didn't wanna overthink and the dissonance added to the disturbing vibe of the entire thing, also liked the highness of it, but yeah it does feel out of place asf. I guess I should replace it with like a sample playing the same melody. yk? like, sample a sound that goes "G#", tune it to the song and then play the same melody with it. that might sound grittier. but yeah idk, I'll sleep on it for a while.

and the cymbal, u mean the one on 0:16? cuz it didn't seem off beat to me. like yeah it should usually come in at the 1st or 5th or... bar rather than 3rd but I kinda added it for the surprise yk? kinda peculiar, yes. but it'll sit well under vocals (someone's actually bought this beat) hopefully. if not then ur right ig.

Thanks a ton for the feedback.

Reactions: TWU
Status
Not open for further replies.