Week of May 1, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
No disrespect to Ms. Flack, but I'mma chop that azz!

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ummm hmmmm Mrs Flack...good choice Graff....I was pushin time for the last flip. I was in the process of uploading it on Sunday around 7 pm CST...but Fade had already closed the thread...lol..its my fault though...just ran outta time. But good looks to Fade..he shoved it in there for me...but closed the thread back up, so i wasnt able to get feedback..lol. Its cool though..ill be on point with this one

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
damn.. i jus sat an chilled to that song for a minute. its like my situation right now between my girl and i.. and her singin it to me lol...

shit i dont wanna flip it now actually.. i may hold off on this an just review. i'll still get at your last one lon, just whenever the links drop

Do your thing guys

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
IIght i was actually thinking bout sampling this joint for a while ago.. i'm back in btw. got the sound back om my i net comp whoohoo..

count me in on this one..

peace

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Emeezy- that was a nice twist on that track man, I was feeling the vibe, it was real smooth, good work on it.

Knox Raw- your flip was very different also, I like to think like this, im not an emcee but if I had a rack of beats on a cd the craziest or most different one pull me to it that shit you had was flipped crazy.

5th sequence- your shit dope man, I like this shit good flip

Dahkter- nice underground jazzy flip

Sanova- dope shit you got mastery over what you trying to convey it seems, well you conveying you know how to flip it seems and use the sample in a tight beat too...

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
i'ma get in on this in a bit. some reviews first though

bigd- now this is some hot shit. i know some people sometimes say they don't like the chipmunks, but dude, if you can work it then more power to you, and YOU FUCKIN WORKED IT. i'm diggin this. the intro is bangin. that guitar sounds so slick. the breakdown at 40 seconds is ill too. likin that. those choruses are the shit. you got a sweet track here, feelin it.

emeezy- aight, nice slice choice for the intro. i like this. real smooth and mellow. i think the percussion could use some more work. add some more instruments other than just that single hat. get some more shit goin on in there. i like the slice arrangement though. very mellow and smooth. not feelin the reverses as much, but the rest is good. has potential i think

AKManilla

ill o.g.
I have mine started! Dope selection GRAFIK! I will be reviewing everyones when i get home and try to finish mine for y'all to peep. I cant listen to anything on my computer at work! DAMMIT! But i will def drop some feedback this evening! Peace

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Emeezy..
The high pitch did indeed work. i like the sample reversal going on as the main melody. Somethin about the sound it makes is dope in itself, glad to hear you do it like that. Drums were on point too, i liked it.

BigD
This flip was cool alllll the way up until it sounds like you fried one of the chipmunks on a grill lol.. i liked the fast pace of this, the drums fit well actually. the chipmunk voice was more annoying than anything in this case. The sample arrangement wasnt too bad, it didnt grab me in any special way but what you did with it works and is fluent. I like the change up thing at the end though. Overall this was good, but those chipmunks ruined my day lol.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
bigd: this sounds aight man, sample is really speed up, i dont mind the chipmunk voice here and there, but i think it is overly done on this tracks, but i like the arrangement of the chops and all the different change up, keeps u interested in the track, overall i liked it man, and where the fuck u been, this is the first one u made a beat for, always lookin for u kid, peace

emeezy: oh shit! i really like this shit man, very mellow and to me it has a lot of emotion to it, i could see like a talib kweli on this track for some reason, but i liked the pieces u used and the arrangement of the chops, did u reverse some of the chops, it sounds like it but i love this track man, very well flipped, keep grindin

working on my right now, trying to get these chops right, cant wait to hear other peoples flips...........................PEACE

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yo , peoples I tried something a little different this time. This is the music playing in my alter ego's (Mickey Knox) head while he's performing a heist. It's pretty cheesy(lol!!!!). I could have went on with a full blown story but, it would have took me all night finding all those sound effects. so I just kept it real basic. Check it out at www.soundclick.com/knoxraw. Let me know what you think I'll review later.

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah yeah..what up graf...good sample..ill flip this shit asap.. ill post tommorrow...1

Status
Not open for further replies.