Week of May 1, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKManilla

ill o.g.
BigD- Man you took this track in a totally different direction! I never would have thought it could sound hype like this! Nice flip! But is it just me or does it sound sort of Flanged?? Could be brushed up but nice work

Emeezy- Intro is so sick! Makes you wanna keep listenin, then it gets crazy, drums are sort of plain, and i am not feelin the reverse, like the change up at 40 and the snares going into it, seems like the hats should be faster, try doublin them up. Nice flip homie

Yo, wheres everyone at on this sample? lol

www.soundclick.com/akfortopwiseproductions

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
Alright, here it is. as always, it's composed entirely from the sample except the drums. Better watch yourself cuz i'm comin with heat again, this is just the first flip of a few I think. such a versatile song, so many ideas.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=145744&songID=3879019

MORE REVIEWS...

knoxraw: ok, let's see, where do we begin. honestly, it's an interesting concept. i'm diggin the piano and the bass. the drums fit nicely, but the kick needs to be brought out some more. it's way too muffled. i'm not necessarilly feeling all the random effects you threw in there, but i mean, it's telling the story you want so i won't judge on that. i think you've got a really solid foundation here and if you took out all the random samples and spent a little more time with it, then it could be a really hot piece.

AKManilla: nice and full. i like that. ok, too many crashes. take out some of those crash cymbal hits. it's too much. and up the level of that kick. you gotta bring that out some more. so i can hear it. it's way too weak. the bass and the piano fit really nicely with the samples. i like this. the strings are great. i don't like how the bass sounds on those 2 highest notes. i'd bring those down to some lower pitch. other than that, i'm liking it. very nice, diggin it.

C

Carpe Diem

Emeezy - Really feeling this man, everything is on point here, drums are ill, chops are sick.... very nice work

Big D - I like the drums pattern, although the sounds sound phazed. Really like the first section of the beat, but aint feeling the change ups too much....

Knox - I like the drums, very very nice.... The chops are ill as fuck too! The effects are overused in the beginning i'd say, but other than that this is sick!

AKManilla - Really like this, taken a different approach on this, very very smooth indeed.... The drums are nice, maybe i'd filter out the high end of the crash a little though.... The melody is wicked man, really like this... Good job!

C

Carpe Diem

www.myspace.com/seizedbeats > Flack Flip

Started at like 1AM after a hard days revision.... Planned to incorporate the piano from the intro but got carried away.... See what ya think, obiously not finished but hey.....

Carpeeeeeeeeeeeee

L

lowcuntry

Carpe Diem- Man thats a nice smooth flip the piano is sick no doubt. Nice Bass line. Drum pattern is relax but hittin at the same time.

Tricky Spinz- Nice......slow moving groove, good arrangement of the cuts. Chipmunk lady got sum good reverb in her voice... Overall Nice.....

Big D Traxx- This is wasup, but to many chipmunk hibernating voices....I like the lead of the track. Loving the Drums....Wuts really good!

AK Manilla- Nice I really like the loop that you picked as you will see why I say that :) I made mine before even listenin to yalls. Everything meshes. A++++ Keep it up potna

Knox Raw- Damm Bru! Luving the bassline, the kicks are a lil low but I wouldnt change that either. Good overall flip/chop

Really look forward to hearin more Flippage from Yall

Arm-N-Banga
Thats not the name its the motto

L

lowcuntry

This is my first post ever in Ill Muzik so please dont be Toooooooo Ruff :)
Well here is mine well actually 2 couldnt decide which one to keep so I choose both

"Flack and dem"
"Just Flack"
www.myspace.com/lowcuntry

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
knoxraw: def feelin the vibe of the track man, the piece that u picked was really nice, has a lot of emotion to the tracks, and drums were on point, track has a really nice vibe to it, good flip homie, keep grindin

AK: ohh! okay, this joint is tight man, love the drums and the pattern, and i like how u speed up the sample, gives it a whold different vibe, this track also has a lot of emotion to it, good flip man, keep that shit up!

Tricky: dude u might be like on of my new fav producers on this site, last weeks flips and this weeks flip are off the hook, i love how the vocals come in on this joint, very deep and dark, but grimmy at the same time, excellent flip, shit is dirty son, keep grindin!!!!!!!

carpe diem: oh my god, those chops are something ferce, wow, this joint is so hard, like some premo wu shit right here, got that wu vibe, but got those premo chops, i am really diggin this track man, u killed it for real, keep that shit up, lovin this joint...............peace homie

lowcuntry: def like the first flip better, i love the effects u dropped on the sample, didnt expect this sample to turn out this way, u def came original with it, good flip man, def feelin, keep up the good work

ruimixx: damn! very nice chops man, and the vocals u throw on top of the chops adds a very nice touch to the track, this is some straight smoke a blunt shit to, very mellow, i def like this joint man, i think an mc could destroy this shit, keep up the good work homie!

chopping my shit up right now, might get it done tonight if not i will post that shit tomarrow, good flips everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Big D Makin Trax
this intro is, nice, real upbeat. wasnt feelin the vocals so much, but the strings u dropped in the change up is nice. good work.

emeezy
OOOO This Intro is sick. omg, this reversin goin on here is off the chain like broken num chucks. drums are on point, like a haroin addict. i liked this man, keep it up. only thing i wasnt feelin was the choruses, felt out of sync. stay up.

Knox Raw
lol @ the effects, those screams are funny to me, i dont know why. the flip is koo, sounds like the first piano riff allllllmost falls out of sync. I like the break down on the 4th. u thru the effects inthere nicely. ching ching, thank you.

AK Manilla
intro is fuckin raw. i like that chime. drums are on point. got me bobbin to it. as far as the sample, its basically only a loop, but i like it, cuz i almost did the same thing, and u got it sounding real clean. i like, but it seems to get ALMOST get out of sync close to the chorus. chorus is nice, i love vocal choruses.

Tricky
yeaa. got that dark feel. this is my style. i like the stutter u did wit the kicks. damn this is REAL dark, im feelin this man. u did this correct. that reverb u got on the vocals only adds to the effect. lovin it.

Sieze the day (carpe diem)
whooaaaa. yea man, this is grimey my nigg. damn. im lovin this. not much else i can say bout this man. u did the damn thing.

Low cuntry
k, intro, very mellow. slow. kinda just bursts into the beat. doesnt sound hip hoppish. sounds like some shit Dido or Nelly firtado would sing over, no doubt. sounds good tho, stay up.

Ruimixx
intro reminds me of beatles. feelin the panned vocals, thats fuckin crazy. the string chops are koo. Not that stand-out-able to me, but those vocals that jump in from the left are raw. feelin the piano change up that comes in. i like how u used vocals from other songs. stay up.

C

Carpe Diem

Thanks for the comments y'all!!! More reviews

Tricky - Sorry, forgot to review yours earlier!!! This is some classic shit man... Really really feeling this, the chops are illllllllllllllllllll as are the drums.... My favourite flip out of the lot... Shit Ive even downloaded this.... nice!

Low - Flack and Dem - The intro is ill.... I quite like this, quite mellow man, the drums are nice, especially that run in before the changeup... Nice Work

- Just Flack - Prefer the other one, that effect doesn't sound right, but again the drums seem on point.... Good work

Ruimixx - Intro is crazy... Im liking this, the chops are ill, really like this man, the vocals have been chopped nicely too... very professional sounding... Oh that guitar is siiiiiiik!!!!! Liove this man! Great work!

Sanova - Aint keen on the high pitched thing, but when it drops the beat is sick.... Youve used a great piece for the main melody... very nice man, feeling this a lot!!!!

Awaiting Grafix...... Know its gonna be siiiik!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BIGD - I think the faster tempo is really cool, and I like what you did with the vocals. They are so sped up that it sounds like some kind of instrument from outer-space. Other elements that stand out are the panning and the changes. Some original shit D, glad to see you in here.

Emeezy - Aw man, this is nice! Intro is tight, this is such a great sample, her voice demands attention son! Excellent choices for your slices/arrangement.

Knox Raw - First of all the beat is sic! You got something real good going on this. Like you said, I think if you had more time to choose the sound effects you had in mind this would be a serious interlude. Creative approach Knox, this is the place to do what ever the fuck you want! Good job man.

AKManilla - Excellent drums!!! The chops are tight as hell. That piano is dope, and you picked a nice spot for the vocals. Nice! (Oh yea, Kanye just called and he said give him his mother fuckin money!)

tricky spinz - Trick! Ha, your drum pattern is cold. This just flows with the bass. A lot of emotion on this track. Shit's ill. (Just askin, do you always wear the clown outfit when you make beats? I can dig it.)

Carpe Diem - Damn it! I can never get myspace stuff to stream here at work. I'll check it tonight when I get to the crib.

lowcuntry - ^^ myspace

Sanova- Yeah, I'm feelin this. Your vocal stabs are tight. Good job with the bass, soundin good in the earphones. We need some more stuff like this on 97.9 or K104. Your in Arlington right? Radio'z reall shitty in the Big D. Keep grindin.

Thanks for the feedback on mine fellas, and good look Grafik.
Peace

AKManilla

ill o.g.
Ruimixx said:
AKManilla - Excellent drums!!! The chops are tight as hell. That piano is dope, and you picked a nice spot for the vocals. Nice! (Oh yea, Kanye just called and he said give him his mother fuckin money!)

Good lookin mang!
Cant wait to get home tonight and review the rest of these new flips!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Reviews

Big D : The tempo is crazy. Theis got a lil Wu vibe to it. I'm not really into the high pitch thing but, it fits the track. That reverse is on some other shit too! Nice flip!

Em: This is mad smooth. I think your snare hits kinda hard but, its dirty so it's good. Overall its a good flip. I actually couldn't tell what part of the track you sampled until I listened to it a couple times. Good shit Fam!

AK: I like the loop. The drums are OFF! (that Durham for hard lol!!!!) Shit feels good. Except for the vocal pitch. The variation on the drums is mad smooth. I'm feeling this alot Fam. Keep it up.

Trick: I like the "Screwed Up" feel I get when I listen to this. It's got a eerie vibe to it. Makes me feel kinda high! Shits tight though. I would probably put this on with as a part of my quiet storm collection. Keep it up.

Carpe: Shit is hard. Makes me feel like '92 again. Sounds like some classic Erick Sermon shit that Redman would bless. No complaints on my end. K.I.M.

LOW : Your chops are tight. This kinda sounds like a video game though. I would work on stretching out the sound a little. It's a lot of space in there. That's MHO. You did a good job for your first time Fam. Good shit! Keep posting.

Ruimixx : Shits tight. I like the space fillers you got in there. That background is flava. I'm really feeling the raw essence of it. It sounds effortless. Like you picked the first sound you heard and ran with it. Good shit! K.I.M.

Nova: You beasted this shit with that bassline. Your chops where on point with this one. The pitch vocals seemed to be popular with this flip. Not really my style. But, it works with your track. Good shit ! Keep it up.

IF I MISSED SOMEONE LET ME KNOW. Overall everybody "did they thang" on this Fip session. K.I.M.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Ruimixx said:
Sanova- Yeah, I'm feelin this. Your vocal stabs are tight. Good job with the bass, soundin good in the earphones. We need some more stuff like this on 97.9 or K104. Your in Arlington right? Radio'z reall shitty in the Big D. Keep grindin.

Good lookin, and u def right about the radio station. When i first got here a few months ago all i heard was grillz and freshazamiz (w/e that bow wow song is called) Now its all lean wit it rock wit it and stuff lol. Holla at me, i be in dallas all the time cuz i got family down there. stay up.

Nova: You beasted this shit with that bassline. Your chops where on point with this one. The pitch vocals seemed to be popular with this flip. Not really my style. But, it works with your track. Good shit ! Keep it up.

no doubt good lookin, i dont know why but the high pitched vocal thing is just somethin i always liked.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Knox Raw said:
Ruimixx : Shits tight. I like the space fillers you got in there. That background is flava. I'm really feeling the raw essence of it. It sounds effortless. Like you picked the first sound you heard and ran with it. Good shit! K.I.M.

Appreciate it Knox!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dmx - The intro threw me for a sec. I'm like WTF? But I think it''s good setup for when the beat drops. This was such somber sample that I think it's cool how you flipped it into a sort of feel good groove. Ya dig? Keep it up man.

m.s - I'm a fan of the more abstract-type beats, but I had a hard time following this man. Now, I'm just a newbie, so screw me, but the kick is distorted something crazy, and some of your slices sound out of place and clashes with others. I'd like to hear another flip from you M.S. cause I checked your other tracks on soundclick and this ain't up to your standards bro.

Emeezy

Etrack Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Bigd -interesting way to flip the track, needs some lows. that voice got kinda annoying, keep it up

knox - damn you a crazy mutha, this the shit, i love it. sound effects are nice

AK - man this track is on fire, i love the cymbols, chorus is smooth

tricky - i like that dark smooth vibe, drums seem a little off to me tho, nice overall

carpe - off the rocker with this one, the vocals are on point, nice track, put together well

lowcuntry -flack and dem - song kinda just jumps in and takes over the intro, i think it would have sounded better if you had a transition from intro to verse, chops are nice

ruimixx - damn thats that shit right there, great track, finsih it up, thats nice

sanova - nice chops on this, the vocals too, on point, keep it up

dmx - chops seem a little off to me, the drums are aight. keep at it

m.s. - alot sounds wrong with this track to me, drums sound madd off beat and those snares are ruff. the sample is aight but i think you need to fix those drums.

thanks to everyones reviews of my beat. i redid the chorus and shit on mine, not a whole lot different

www.soundclick.com/emeezy

Status
Not open for further replies.