Week of May 1, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
Artistix: The beat doesn't seem to really match with the sample rhythmically speaking. A few more chops probably would do the trick. The chord at either :41 or :42 sounds out of tune...also, the vocals sometimes sound a bit discordant with the rest of the background. I'm most definitely feeling the chops overall in terms of creativity though, and your drums are very well done...there are lots of dropouts and changeups in pattern/velocity, which gives it a very human feel.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Bigmakintrax: yo, i like the weird sounds u created speedin it up... i think the second sample set could have a longer ending instead of cuttin off early. but still cool.

emeezy: nice, cool, the vocals, i love them, sounds like a great hook. the backwards sample sounds good too. good job

Knox: underground East coast shit! i like how this sounds... the beginning sounds like some GTA or something... good intro.

AK: i like that piano, it can be used in so many ways. i dont think chipmunks is here to stay. they make great hooks. drums r on point also.

Tricky: same piano, different effect, that eerie vocal sounds cool. i like the strings too. nice scary, sad vibe. good job.

Carpe: im really feelin this!!! that crash cymbal is perfect... not much to comment on for me, i love it as is!

Lowcuntry: i like those toms u put in there, sounds like a cool hip hop about a girl u met to me... sounds like u havin a nice day..lol... wish it was longer, but i like whats here.

Ruimixx: those vocals are sweet... i think the drums should be more complex. i like the drums sounds tho. u stuk some Mary Jane girls up in there? haha...

Sanova: Chipmunk intro was cool, i like the sample u used... the vocals r cool, makes a good hook. i think u need more complex drums as well. good work though.

Dmx: nice chops, the vocal sample is perfect, i like the drum pattern, but i think drums could be different... still good though. the vocal snippet is ill.

m.s.: i think this not looped long enuff to enjoy... i would love to here a song to this. u gotta be creative. i think u should also change ur choice of drums on here. keep grindin.

Destruct: i like the samples, the vocals... everything sounds good.. lemme here more.

be back to finish...http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=507549

da relic

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo Slik! That's real original how you flipped that! Totally taking it to something that doesn't resemble the original sample at all! My girls went nuts when they heard the beat. In my head I was singing that old shit, oh mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, hey mickey, hey mickey. LOL!!! Right? I know you remember that shit!

ill o.g.
slik da relic: this is dope! Very creative and original. Sounds like it could work as a title or introductory track in a cute video game or something. I like the bridge also. It as a whole gets rather repetitive after a while, but I like this concept. Well done.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
yo Ruim... this is crazy to me... i did the trk on Tuesday, but i been so busy i couldnt post it, plus i wasnt too happy with it, so i let it just play for a few days to see if i could add something. but bein that this is the last day, i didnt wanna miss not postin it... just goes to show u, in music, someone out there just might like ur stuff...lol...gimme those "Mickey" accapellas...lol... thx for the feedback.

here's tha rest:

Brother Turk: i like the string parts u used... the drum def. work, the vocals r cool... id like to hear the ride cymbal drop out, and the beat solo is cool as well... overall, good piece.

Spanish Harlem: Yo... this is fire! from now on, if its fire to me... that means i wouldnt change hardly anything! snare could be lower... but overall.. its phat!

Artistix: i like the chops used... i love the piano overall... the drums r cool... sounds like u usin an MPC... cool.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=507549

da relic

Status
Not open for further replies.