• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
REVIEWS:

boneidle: damn, you did get way creative with this shit. you've got a hell of a lot going on here which is cool because it never gets boring or repetitive. that brass part of the intro is a little weird. i can see the guitar part fitting, but the brass seems like it fits less. alright, this part is hot. this part of the beat is really kickin. that's some ill shit. the guitar breakdown at 1:25 works, but all the cuts you've got going after it are a little odd. i would cut those out. the guitar breakdown is good, but i think it should go straight back into the original beat again, don't have that 4 bars of cuts. and then after 8 bars of that melody, where it really picks up, have it break back into the original (like you do in the first part at 47 seconds). overall, hot beat. nice flip, i enjoyed this one.

bigrob: i think it feels kinda empty. which is weird, cuz the delfonics beat is so full. but like, i just feel like there's a lot of empty space in there which could be filled with something. i can't really explain it. also, the sounds all sound very raw. the flute, the horns, all sound very raw. i'd maybe toss some effects on those to liven them up a little. and i wish you'd taken bigger chunks from the sample instead of just single notes. use some of the string patterns they've got going on in there, or something like that.

TRO: interesting. very upbeat. i like that breakdown at 40 seconds actually. i like this part a lot better, sounds just a little less upbeat and i think is a lot better for rhymin and shit like that. sounds a little tense. i'm really liking the part between 40-52 seconds. that's some real good shit right there. yeah, i'm definitely digging this part and at 1:20 more than the rest of what you have here. i am really feelin how it's a little darker. yeah dude, that part is ill. i'd rework your whole song around that part.

5th Sequence: nice work on the percussion and bass. that's tight. i feel like one of the cuts in there is a little off pitch. it just hits my ear as a tiny bit off. just a half step or something. i dunno. i'm definitely feelin this beat. that bass part and the percussion are real sick. i think you could find some more cuts which would fit really well. other than that, good shit.

O

open mind

knoxrow: wow! that was hot man crazy breaks and switchups u choose the past part for the flip bounced my head up n down to this joint.i wanted to make sumtin like dat but it made me mad that i didnt had the full seq. because of dat guy singin haha.

O

open mind

tricky spinz said:
REVIEWS:
bigrob: the sounds all sound very raw. the flute, the horns, all sound very raw. i'd maybe toss some effects on those to liven them up a little.

appreciat the constructive feed.thanks tricky u helped me a lot i didnt noticed it i was to fixed on finding the notes.now that u said the instruments sounds to raw i see u absolutely right i fixed it now i eqed every fuckin instrument now should be sound fuller now let me know if its better now thanks in advance.

ay where is that JUGGERNAUT!!??)?=! B! haha.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
yo tricky spinz you're right man, - updated it

not much of a critic but ere goes:

big rob - nice tune man, lots of instruments in there, they work well together innit
TRO - nice drums man, diggin the second part change up, good shit
tricky spinz - yeah sounds well mixed, nice dramatic strings, love the ohhh yeaaah bit... adds character
5th sequence, big drums man straight away, lots of movement, fits together nice innit, sick snare.
knoxraw - good intro man, i was gonna use that talkin section, really sick bass... one of those that makes you feel fuzzy and tingly innit

Alright safe, props to all so far

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
appreciat the constructive feed.thanks tricky u helped me a lot i didnt noticed it i was to fixed on finding the notes.now that u said the instruments sounds to raw i see u absolutely right i fixed it now i eqed every fuckin instrument now should be sound fuller now let me know if its better now thanks in advance.

ay where is that JUGGERNAUT!!??)?=! B! haha.

yeah, definitely feels fuller now. and the different instruments flow into each other more and aren't as separated as they were before. might even try a little reverb on that flute, see if you like that.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
boneidle said:
yo tricky spinz you're right man, - updated it

not much of a critic but ere goes:

big rob - nice tune man, lots of instruments in there, they work well together innit
TRO - nice drums man, diggin the second part change up, good shit
tricky spinz - yeah sounds well mixed, nice dramatic strings, love the ohhh yeaaah bit... adds character
5th sequence, big drums man straight away, lots of movement, fits together nice innit, sick snare.
knoxraw - good intro man, i was gonna use that talkin section, really sick bass... one of those that makes you feel fuzzy and tingly innit

Alright safe, props to all so far

now that's what i'm talking about. likin the fade, bringin that main beat back in. good shit.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
REVIEWS:

knoxraw: nice bass. feelin that. nice chops, those fit together real well and with the rest of the beat too. the percussion works well and the intro is good too. i think the changeup at 1:07 has a very different vibe than the rest of the beat and it kind of clashes. both sections are great on their own. but they give off two separate moods and don't really fit together. honestly, i would take the part at 1:07, remove it from this song, and work a whole nother beat around it, cuz it's a great melody. but i don't think it fits with the mood of the other sections. so, remove it, make a separate beat using that. and then rework the changeup for this beat. then you'll have 2 really bangin beats, each with it's own vibe and feel because combined, i feel like they clash.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Knox Raw
Damn i'm feelin this. this is hella clean an you kept the songs original vibe. Really feelin this since its clean. The bassline comes through really nice too, like what you did with it. The breakdown is ok, hard to follow cuz of the voice an it seems abrupt in spots, but it was a good changeup nonetheless.

O

open mind

some feed

t.r.o.
sounds like a lot of work u did with this.i liked the drums and the chops.the switchups came very very very very very nice man it all fits well u did some great work i like this a lot.BRAVO!!! (after hearing that track i was a lil down cause i know it will take me long time to get that skills u got.)how long u doin this son?

5th sequence

as always 5th the drumwork was a class of its own BRAVO! i agree with tricky spinz on this one it could need some more elements from the sample for a chorus part or sumtin.after the break u had i thought u bring in sumtin but i didnt came thats exactly where u can put sum mo u feel me.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Tricky Spinz - That's my favorite part of the sample too, ha! The change at 1:00 was tight, but waiting for that 1:00 seemed a little long. (repetitive) Throw a change-up or two? Your mix is solid as usual and I thought you ended the beat cool. This was a really "safe" beat, I'd like to hear more of your experimental side with this man!

peace

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
boneidle - You crazy #$#$#!!!! This was dope! Very original and creative! You got my co-workers concerned about my severe neck-snapping! wow...

big rob - This was nice. I could cruise to j-o-b listening to this for real. What part of the sample did you use on this? keep it up big

T.R.O. - I think it's cool you sampled probably a less traveled part. At 0:38 that's when the beat got real good for me. I dig that change. Good flip man!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn 2Good! I dig your style man. This was great!! Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.