Which DAW do you use?

Kron Zilla

The rapper that became a producer.
Battle Points: 22
I currently use Reason 7 with a few extra bought sound modules. Its the most user friendly DAW that I have tried since I stopped limiting myself to workstations like the Korg Triton and Ensoniq EPS.

BezO

The Artisan
Logic Pro X (soon to be 10.4) and MPC 2.0.

I jumped from Pro Tools to Logic because I felt Logic was more conducive to creating, where Pro Tools felt better when mixing. I was on Pro Tools 8.X, so I would be unaware of any features added since then. Though some of Logic's mixing features are not what I'm used to, it's easier for me to create in Logic, which is the priority.

And before I got too far into that, I added an MPC Touch (with MPC 2.0) to shake up the workflow. I had been anxious to implement some traditional Hip Hop methods (DAW sequencer, traditional instruments, synths, rompler & keyboard were not used to make most of my favorite records) and this seemed like a good time. Very happy with how the changes are affecting the end product, just anxious to get over this learning curve.

Peerapon

PEERAPONBeats
Battle Points: 1
Propellerhead Reason at home, and Pro Tools in a professional recording studio

*Impulse Tracker and Cool Edit Pro in high school

DawnEHboy

Fair-weather Nihilist
Battle Points: 1
Right now I literally just do everything in the MPC software, All the videos I watch of people using Abelton and other DAWs just makes it seem so much simpler. I have Reaper, because I wanted a cheap DAW at the time, haven't really gotten into it yet. It apparently has everything any other DAW has or can do. I just haven't dedicated the time to really dive into it and learn how to use it. Hoping to get Abelton soon though.

DJWIDEBODY

Beatmaker
Right now I literally just do everything in the MPC software, All the videos I watch of people using Abelton and other DAWs just makes it seem so much simpler. I have Reaper, because I wanted a cheap DAW at the time, haven't really gotten into it yet. It apparently has everything any other DAW has or can do. I just haven't dedicated the time to really dive into it and learn how to use it. Hoping to get Abelton soon though.

Reaper is a dope software and for the price you cant beat it , its a powerful program as well

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@A.R. DASUPASTAR how you like the MPK mini? I want one. Instead of GarageBand I'm heading straight for Logic Pro X soon.

Kron Zilla

The rapper that became a producer.
Battle Points: 22
Still using Reason. Upgraded to. Version 10.2. Propellerhead has ProTools following behind what they do nowadays so I said I might as well stay with the leaders

JodyKurtis

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 56
I love it! The latency is accurate. I use it with FL Studios because it is the most user friendly when it comes to software DAWs. The MPK is also super affordable
i gotta pick ur brain for a sec my g...how do i use it with FL?? ive been trying but seem to not get it...i just make the beat in FL then use Maschine to clean it up... but how do i link them joints together????

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
I love it! The latency is accurate. I use it with FL Studios because it is the most user friendly when it comes to software DAWs. The MPK is also super affordable
Once you plug the keyboard in, go to options- go to midi- then hit the refresh button. You should hear sound come out your system. If it doesn't work, I can video call you & show you step by step. Keep me posted

ApeMade

Started out with Propellerhead 3.0 and stayed loyal to the beast even still today. Using 9.5. now. With Reason, Its my main, for everything from the ground up to vocals, ect.. Its the only daw I know with ins and outs since it was my only starter pack to use. Recently received Abelton live 9.7. Haven't installed it yet to try that out to use and or mash that into with Reason. Have FL 12, and never touched it much to feel the work flow im used to and didnt bother wanting to use my time, with interference with having to readjust, to really adapt to Fl, used it a few times, but became a Noob when trying it for the first time few years back lol. Its still sitting on my desktop waiting for it to be molested :woot:haha. Probably will use Fl someday for emergency backups... With tracks ready to be mixed down with mainly vocals to uncompressed, quick edits and simpler tasks, I hop on my "Cool Edit Pro 2.0" to polish and justify the final products. Cool Edit is still Beasting to this day :D

Last edited:

members online