Who do YOU think are the best Hip Hop producers of all-time?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Primz don't produce but you just gave me someone to study drum programming wise. Maybe I should make a thread on who to study?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Some others that did some great production:

• Organized Noize
  • Cold 187um
  • Shawn J. Period
  • Salaam Remi
  • Redman
  • DJ Unknown
  • Sir Jinx
And of course, the BOMB SQUAD. Public Enemy wouldn't exist without those guys.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @Fade forgot Dupre "Crazy Toones" Calhoun who is R.I.P.

I @Primz don't produce but you just gave me someone to study drum programming wise. Maybe I should make a thread on who to study?
you should study the people that you like, the people that inspire you personally. Your sound should be shaped by that which inspires YOU, not what inspires others. You need to dive in and stop relying on others for tips, there is no time like the present, and I feel you are putting barriers in your own path. The best way to get into anything is to actually start doing it and learn as you do it. All the theory in the world is no good if its never put into practice. Its been a long time since you first told me you wanted to make music, what are you waiting for?

just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Man I'm starting to Really like you. First your Warzone and now Scott Storch? I've been here for 2 years and you're the only person who's appreciated Scotty (besides me). I mean for a while I've been known for sucking storchs dick too much on this community.

I been repping the Storch ting before you probably even heard ofthe forum

Back when there weren't a trap beat in sight. And everything was boombap

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
For me it's (in no particular order):
  • Hank Shocklee
  • Prince Paul
  • 9th Wonder
  • Havoc
  • Marley Marl
  • Q-Tip
Several others can easily make this list...too many to name...

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
1-dilla
2-nottz

yall can figure the rest...same with mcs 1-3stacks 2-royce.. the rest don't matter the order..

1luv

PS..not to say no one else is dope of course.. that's just my opinion of the best over all skill wise.. not sales, or popularity, or over all career.. all great stuff
but i am just referring to straight skill.. consistent quality art time after time.. the other stuff is for the fans..

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
and i know this is opinion.. but yall know he did say all time.. no just in yall time or what yall have hear.. (time to study!!)..lol just playin .. but for real.. name me one cat that can run beat for beat with nottz right now.. madlib ok.. ill take him.. maybe khrysis..maybe.. dont take my word for it either.. just hit nottz ig.. i promise you ya fav rappers and they favs can make the albums of their careers off his ig alone.. and thats what he lets us hear.. sheesh.. once again.. 1luv

aw this post is funnnn!
Primos my favourite but there isn't anyone mentioned so far i could disagree with
who hasn't been mentioned...
a little off piste with the flying lotus shout whoever that was earlier-he's a ridiculous producer but not quite hip hop i guess?
What got me into production when i was but a child in the middle of nowhere in Ireland, was DJ Shadow-could make a hip hop beat but also this whole cinematic instumental shit-
this was the record that caught my attention-the drums are intense!

Of a not dissimilar ilk, RJD2
I don't think HiTek got a mention? Again i grew up on his stuff so i can't get away from it.... simple beats and breaks

Prince Paul was mentioned-he was amazing!

Did Prince Po produce the Organized Konfusion shit? If so... then, up there!!
Peanut butter Wolf definitely got me going back in the day

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
For @Iron Keys Trap I like(d) Shawty Redd, Drumma Boy and Zaytoven.

members online