Who do YOU think are the best Hip Hop producers of all-time?

MNTLPLX

PLXtruMNTLs
Battle Points: 14
My favorite Hip Hop producers:

Diamond D,
Dr Dre,
Premier,
Pete Rock,
Erick Sermon,
Dj Muggs,
Madlib,
Dilla,
Timbaland,
Large Professor,
Showbiz,
Lord Finesse,
Pharrell Williams,
Mr Voodoo

And Im sure Im forgetting people, Im getting old.

Yeah forgot Marco Polo, 45 King, Alchemist
How the actual fuck did I forget RZA

I'm glad you mentioned Erick Sermon...

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
I don't really have one but i think if you look at somebody's entire body of work it has to be DJ Premier. By far.
But just as a beatmaker i would say Dilla. Or even Pete Rock before that. I'm talking about just instrumental. And Dre off course.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Dr Dre
Scott Storch
Timbaland

RZA
Pharrell
Premier
Kanye
Just Blaze

Kool Herc
Grandmaster Flash

I put the ones that inspired my style most at the top. But I've also only selected and included names who I believe had the biggest impact in pioneering and advancing the genre.

There are tonnes of others i absolutely love, and feel I'm missing a couple crucial ones from the list.

A couple come to mind:

Apollo Brown: He just has great simple drum bass patterns. Samples like a boss too. Kinda underground as well so he gets bonus points.
9th Wonder: 9th has a vibe.
Dr Dre: He can't rap but the success speaks for itself.
R Kelly: I may take flack for this one but his beats are A1. His snares are perfect and he might've founded the open hi hat. Best r&b producer easily.
Metro Boomin: Best trap producer.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
A couple come to mind:

Apollo Brown: He just has great simple drum bass patterns. Samples like a boss too. Kinda underground as well so he gets bonus points.
9th Wonder: 9th has a vibe.
Dr Dre: He can't rap but the success speaks for itself.
R Kelly: I may take flack for this one but his beats are A1. His snares are perfect and he might've founded the open hi hat. Best r&b producer easily.
Metro Boomin: Best trap producer.
Yea don't think R,Kelly qualifies in this scenario i think Fade said Hip Hop if it was music in general there would be many more names involved. Apollo Brown is dope and one of my current favs but he caught his steam in the last 8 years unless you are younger and grew up on him them he may well be an all time for you. He's def dope. Like you said simplistically beautiful. Picks great samples to chops in big blocks. Drums always hit hard.

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
I keep saying. Apollo Brown is the best Hip-Hop producer from the last 10 years.
I knew him from his Skilled Trade beattape like in 2008/2009 and like 3 years later he just blew up and worked with the biggest names.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
For me it's K-Def as I'll always love

Daz for

Big Hutch

Pete Rock

Primo

Erick Sermon for

Wow, the guy who made everyone famous not here....Scott Storch forever and ever.

As producers to be popular now we have to be also rappers on our own beats i feel. Like the way Kanye does it. Days of Scott Stoch are gone where the beat was praised higher than the rapper.

Man I'm starting to Really like you. First your Warzone and now Scott Storch? I've been here for 2 years and you're the only person who's appreciated Scotty (besides me). I mean for a while I've been known for sucking storchs dick too much on this community.

there's an article of most influental producers ever, smth like 20 producers, and like 10 honorable mentions, no Storch in it! I've been bitchin about that shit for years now...

1. Kanye West
2. Scott Storch
3. Dr. Dre
4. Havoc
5. Just Blaze
6. Rza
7. Pharell
8. Dj Pooh
9. No I.D
10. Alchemist

Honorable mentions: Dj Premier and Timbaland.

I think this would be my top 10.
I would say Kanye being number 2 simply cause Scott didn't sample and everything ogn he ever did just turned to gold.

members online