Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Burna

Rhythmikal said:
JB (dont let your eyes decieve you and think i typed 'JD'), The Alchemist, Heatmakerz, few of Nas' producers known and not known. Neptunes inspire me wen i wanna get creative.

but i go through phases.

^ Same. Exspecially JB and HeatMakerz.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Qwerty said:
what are Just Blaze non sampled beat? i always wondered..

Well, i don't know, i don't have ONE favourite producers, but right now i'M really feeling Jonathan Rotem, he did 50 cent - Position of Power , Tony Yayo - WE Don't Give a Fuck and Fabolous - Can You Hear me ( that track is dope man). I like his style, cuz it's raw and ghetto, but he uses mostly real instruments, which i would like to be able to do

the joint he did for Freeway and Peedi Crack or Memphis Bleek's last single before his album dropped

ill o.g.
classic said:
aint nobody really done it like them

class...

is that opinion or hard facts

cuz there are many producers especially composer based that have more grammies, grammy nominations, and more work (money)

if that even is a measure of how good a producer is

I dont think so

"You think I give a fuck about a Grammy"

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
Qwerty said:
what are Just Blaze non sampled beat? i always wondered..

Well, i don't know, i don't have ONE favourite producers, but right now i'M really feeling Jonathan Rotem, he did 50 cent - Position of Power , Tony Yayo - WE Don't Give a Fuck and Fabolous - Can You Hear me ( that track is dope man). I like his style, cuz it's raw and ghetto, but he uses mostly real instruments, which i would like to be able to do

dont exactly understand wat u mean by "what are Just Blaze non sampled beat?" He got mad shit dat nobody has really heard dat he never had to clear one sample for. off big puns album, off jay's ealier albums, off erick sermon n rah digga. even dat shit for m bleek.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
pg16kid said:
Kanye West, because when he flips a sample, its always souful and he has Jon Brion adding composed stuff to it too to give it more an effect... Plus he raps lol

Yup, plus the way he arranges the chops helps keep that muscial feel to the sample. Other 2 producers that inspire me gotta be Just Blaze cuz of that energy you get from his beats like "Public Service Annoucements" on Jay's Black Album and 9th Wonder.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Mine at the moment is MF Doom. It's an acquired taste, but the man is creative and so out there. That "Viktor Vaughn - Venomous Villan" is crazy.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Hate to beat a dead horse but dat nigga Just Blaze is a monsta!!! His sampling and chops are crazy and he can fit his shit to different styles and genre and make hits.

I heard this joint this weekend that sounded like Redman off a Just Blaze beat. That shit was bananas!!! Anybody know what i'm talkin bout?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
My two main favorites are Pete Rock an The Neptunes. But i've been listening to alot of Madlib an J-Dilla latley, their Champion Sound album.

ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
Hate to beat a dead horse but dat nigga Just Blaze is a monsta!!! His sampling and chops are crazy and he can fit his shit to different styles and genre and make hits.

I heard this joint this weekend that sounded like Redman off a Just Blaze beat. That shit was bananas!!! Anybody know what i'm talkin bout?

yeah that track is crazy something about the club right?

I think Rocwilder did that track though, but it does sound like something JB would do also

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I'd have to say right now my favorite prod. is definately the neptunes. They brought elements of all different types of music especially jazz and off-beat staccato rythyms that made them develop their own style of production. Ive still never heard a neptunes joint to this day that I couldnt tell was them. Timbo is definately next and THE HOTTEST MIXTAPE AND UNDERGROUND PROD. RIGHT NOW IS DEFINATELY AGALLAH THE DON BISHOP.

Peace,
Cincinnatti, OH.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Favorite of all time would have to be Premier. I remember when it was a pre-requisite to have a Premo track on the album. I can't think of any beat I've heard from him that I didn't like.

I would like to get with Butch Vig and see what we can come up with.
I like what he did with Nirvana's album (In Utero) and my darkhorse pick Garbage.

I also like what Trent Reznor did for NIN and also Marilyn Manson, king of the keyboards!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Stoupe of Jedi mind tricks cuz he is the illest..he has sampling stragedies like no other an rhythms and beat like no no other...

shortt knowtice

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Jus Blaze is my favorite producer hands down and the fact that he fucks wit da roc only makes him iller. but u cant forget about timbaland he is a close second

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
classic said:
ehh thats ur opinion but I disagree
there aint too many producers around who have produced for the wide range of artistist they have, thse casts have produced

-Outkast
-TLC(waterfalls LP)
-Curtis mayfield(couple of tracks on his last album before he died)
-goodie mob

all classic grammy nominated albums
It dont get much more verstile then tha,t very few hip hop producers have that versatilitiy an even fewer maintain their unique sound when switching genere's

dont get me wrong i respect alot of producers but aint nobody really done it like them, their sound grabs me....i just depends on ur influcnces

class...

I know there's versatile, but you reallly didn't give exemples to prove your points, cuz Outkast of the ole'days and Goodie Mob had almost the same sound. And on TLC too, there's a few beats they sang on I would've seen on Southernplayacadalistic (or wtv lol), especially that song with Andre : "Something Wicked This Way Come".

I'm NOT TRYING TO SAY they are not versatile, but the artists you named (except for Mayfield, cuz i never heard the song they did), it doesn't really show their versatility, but it shows their Creativity that's for sure

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i'd say in no particular order
-jdilla
-pete rock
-primo
-battlecat
-antbanks
-quik

on the rise fast
-9th
-illmind
-S1 from Strange fruit project
-Kev Brown
.............dont sleep

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
PETE ROCK- his basslines, sample chops, drum samples, and structure are on point! You cant get any better! PRIMO-the way he chops his samples along with his drum programming. Q-TIP- his drums are thick and his sample choices are dope. ALCHEMIST- this man has got the dope samples/loops I have ever heard. CHIEF EXCEL- his beats are just simply amazing, so much soul in them..i'll add more to the list later

A

Authority

Im going to have to go with......5 producers bcuz theyre musikk is hott and theres no explanation besides listening to there TRACKZ.....but the 5 people are Dr.Dre, HeatMakerz, Scott Storch,DROOP-E from tha bay area AND LAST BUT DEFINATELTY NOT LEAST.......THA BAY AREAS.......KING OF SLAPP.....RICK ROCK AND HIS TRACKZ IZ BLAZIN.....CHEKK UM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.