Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Bastard

rza, shit he did on supreme clientelle,36 chambers and ironman are nuthin less than timeless classics,didnt need a keyboard to do it either

besides that i like
kanye
prnce paul
alchemist
havok
cormega- makes sum tight beats for himself

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
To me i came up in the era of Premier and Pete Rock So the on my top those doude embody the boom bap sound premier beats may al sound alike buy the man is genius he make wack artists sound good IE. group Home(dem dudes wa trash but teh lp was hot!)
Pete Rock he really knows how to bring the life outta sample!

Other than that Blaz is a best when hes not Lazy,
9th is a best too his work ethic is crazy.. dude got mad beats

Timbaland is a beast and the neptunes too

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I gotta say Hi-Tek. JB, Alchemist, RZA, Dre, Cool & Dre, Neptunes...all of them are up there, but Tek is just a f-ing monster on the samples. I still maintain that "The Sun God" is the most impressive, intricate, and deep beat I've ever heard. Plus you combine the recent commercial beats he's been lacing for G Unit and others with his back catalog of great beats...ie reflection eternal...he's dope.

As far as my favorite recent producer, that would have to go to Nicolay who produced the Foreign Exchange album. If you haven't heard it, stop what you're doing, and go buy it (its pretty easy to find in any good record store or on iTunes). The emcee is Phonte (from little brother) and Nicolay laces hands down the best production overall on a CD I've heard since Dre's 2001.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
neptunes,dre, kanye, alchemist, mannie fresh, dat nigga daz

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
the reezo said:
PETE ROCK- his basslines, sample chops, drum samples, and structure are on point! You cant get any better! PRIMO-the way he chops his samples along with his drum programming. Q-TIP- his drums are thick and his sample choices are dope. ALCHEMIST- this man has got the dope samples/loops I have ever heard. CHIEF EXCEL- his beats are just simply amazing, so much soul in them..i'll add more to the list later
Whatever fool!?....You know that ur favorite producer iz that D4L Laffy Taffy producer!!! LOL..Cummon now!......

What up big Reezy!?....Bout time you got yer ass over to illmuzik fool! lol....

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
haha wat up shonsteezy? haha yeah that laffy taffy beat was probly the best beat of 2005!! I bump that shit all the time in the ride...bitches get naked as soon as they hear that shit! ahah word about this site, I remember you tellin me about so i had to check it out! we need to kick it foo, ill hit you up! peace!

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
no lie,pete rock was my fav producer back in the day.dont know of his recent work, can anybody list some 4 me?

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
Whatever fool!?....You know that ur favorite producer iz that D4L Laffy Taffy producer!!! LOL..Cummon now!......

lmao that laffy taffy song has got to be the wackest shit ever but mofos is steady buyin that shit. i heard that shit surpassed kanye he had 80 thousand in legal downloads and that laffy taffy bullshit had 160 thousand in legal downloads...

Fabrik said:
Alchemist & Hi-tek

i agree with that...

i also like dre, battlekat, their is some other producers i like they did some shit on siegels 1st two joints cant think of they names.. plus i from the south so i gots to say jazze pha...

i also like the dudes that did some shit on field mobs album cant think of they names...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
bluchippa5 said:
no lie,pete rock was my fav producer back in the day.dont know of his recent work, can anybody list some 4 me?
Hes got a grip bro, and thats not limited to just back when he was a group with CL Smooth:

Pete Rock & CL Smooth joints:

"All Souled Out"
"Mecca And The Soul Brother"
"The Main Ingredient"​

Pete on his own tip:

"Lost & Found: Underground Hip Hop Soul Classics"
"Soul Survivor II"
Edo. G / Pete Rock - "My Own Worst Enemy
Soul Supreme - "The Saturday Nite Agenda" - This shits tight. (that new grit city shit hes doin with KRS Ones new label.)
Nas - Illmatic - "the world is yours"
And thats about it.....Hes been featured on alot of different artists albums, but i dont care to list them all.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
yeah i'm aware of all the older stuff, just nothing recent. I knew mecca and the soul brother inside out. down with the kings, illmatic, all of that stuff. I guess he's just been kind of strictly east coast and underground since then. I just seen alot of people listing him, so I just assumed he was still in the mainstream on the low. I guess i should know better since mainstream dont give hip-hop in THAT style any play these days. im down south so i dont catch wind of much stuff from the east unless its mainstream.back then mainstream hip hop WAS the east coast.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I'm drunk, so once again ill have to say the neptunes. Their beats were so progressive, they really changed the face of hip-hop. Premeir is a great producer too. I think RZA and Premier were some of the greatest producers. I just reall;y feel that hip-hop is evolving now so we have to give credit to all the cats who are changing the sound and evolving hip hop, like the heatmakers, kanye

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the reezo said:
haha wat up shonsteezy? haha yeah that laffy taffy beat was probly the best beat of 2005!! I bump that shit all the time in the ride...bitches get naked as soon as they hear that shit!

lmao i didn't see this post till just now dude you is crazy... you right though them broads be lovin that shit...

Elementree said:
I think RZA is one of the greatest producers. I just really feel that hip-hop is evolving now so we have to give credit to all the cats who are changing the sound and evolving hip hop, like the heatmakers, kanye

i forgot about rza rza is tight... i never really started listen to dude till i heard that bobby digital joint.

how you figure kanye and heatmakers changed the sound and evolved hip hop? i admit the come with some tight shit but the don't do much of shit but sample which has been around since run dmc..

when i think of someone evolving hip hop i think of dre and nwa. before them nobody was cussin on a record. then after them everybody started doin it. then when dre dropped the chronic it was a rap. that album single handedly changed how mofos started producing. then timbo came out and showed mofos that you didn't have to limit your drum patterns to 16/16t note patterns. that's what i call evolving hip hop..

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Damn that's a hard 1, I got too many favourites but 1 of them is definately DJ Quik, hes a westcoast legend and mad underated, been puttin it down since the early 90's and his sound is so unique

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Dr Dre JustBlaze, Organized Noize, Kanye, BattleKat, Premier, The Neptunes and Timbaland

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lowlow said:
then timbo came out and showed mofos that you didn't have to limit your drum patterns to 16/16t note patterns. that's what i call evolving hip hop..

word, and not only hip-hop, r&b as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online