Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Just Blaze - cuz he can flip a sample crazy and keeps it true to hip hop, plus he can cut like a mutha fucka on the turntables, which is rare in the industry nowadays

and

Alchemist- just cuz his style is so raw and for the above reasons

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I have many non-famous producers that I respect, a couple on this site. But as far as famous, I don't think it gets much better than the Neptunes. They can do rap, rock, jazz, techno, all styles. I printed off their wrap sheet of artists they have produced for and the songs' name...the shit was 9 pages long! On 12pt. font, no b.s. I can't imagine making that many really good beats. Well, I can, but still.

-black.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Blaze, Alchemist, and Madlib are real nice, but Im feelin Dilla. He can be smooth, rough, or whatever. Great basslines and filtering.

RAWKAS

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I would have to go with timbaland. His snares are so crisp and clean. You gotta love the akward sounds he leaves out and than dosen't throw in until bout 30 seconds before the song goes off. Of course Just Blaze but I gotta go with the HeatMakers too. I dig they drum patterns.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
JB (dont let your eyes decieve you and think i typed 'JD'), The Alchemist, Heatmakerz, few of Nas' producers known and not known. Neptunes inspire me wen i wanna get creative.

but i go through phases.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Necro- always digs up some crazy-ass samples. Most of his beats are dope

Bronze Nazareth - Best producer in Wu right now...I would pick him over Rza to do an album

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
FistFulloDollaz said:
Just Blaze - cuz he can flip a sample crazy and keeps it true to hip hop, plus he can cut like a mutha fucka on the turntables, which is rare in the industry nowadays

Blaze would be a def pick...he's an insperation when it comes to making tracks that's commerically appealing, but still true to hip-hop.

Apart from Blaze, I love Pete Rock, Kev Brown, 9th, Easy Mo Bee, Large Professor, Lord Fineese...the Wu-tang producers, man...Alot of people inspire me!

pg16kid

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Kanye West, because when he flips a sample, its always souful and he has Jon Brion adding composed stuff to it too to give it more an effect... Plus he raps lol

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Dr. Dre - cause he's been in the game for years, and is still on top. everytime he drops an album, everybody imitates that shit for at least 2 years.

ONP - shit, up until a couple days ago, i never knew that they used as many samples as they did.

JD...yeah, Jermaine Dupri. da nuhgga bought, Mariah Carey, and Bow Wow back from the dead.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Nomicsproduct said:
just blaze a monster - samples, no samples, hip hop, r n b , dat guy aint playin around

what are Just Blaze non sampled beat? i always wondered..

Well, i don't know, i don't have ONE favourite producers, but right now i'M really feeling Jonathan Rotem, he did 50 cent - Position of Power , Tony Yayo - WE Don't Give a Fuck and Fabolous - Can You Hear me ( that track is dope man). I like his style, cuz it's raw and ghetto, but he uses mostly real instruments, which i would like to be able to do

T

The Bastard

classic said:
Organized noise ---casue they are true musicans and can do it all, they aint one demsional... I model myself after them
theres a lot of one dimensional non musician producers out there that have adone a lot better tho

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
The Bastard said:
theres a lot of one dimensional non musician producers out there that have adone a lot better tho

ehh thats ur opinion but I disagree
there aint too many producers around who have produced for the wide range of artistist they have, thse casts have produced

-Outkast
-TLC(waterfalls LP)
-Curtis mayfield(couple of tracks on his last album before he died)
-goodie mob

all classic grammy nominated albums
It dont get much more verstile then tha,t very few hip hop producers have that versatilitiy an even fewer maintain their unique sound when switching genere's

dont get me wrong i respect alot of producers but aint nobody really done it like them, their sound grabs me....i just depends on ur influcnces

class...

Status
Not open for further replies.