Digging Wudge-U-Cop-While-Digging-Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustface.wav

Beatmaker
Grabbed for 75 cents at a record shop that was closing down the other day. The whole store was pretty picked over mostly corny 80s stuff and alooooot of b-list country so I was surprised to find this!

tim weisberg.jpg

dustface.wav

Beatmaker
Grabed a few things yesterday.....

Stylistics-Fabulous (not the best stylistics album but still some stuff to be flipped also just some nice listening)

Commodores-Live! (4 sides of the Commodores for a few bucks how could you go wrong)

Dan Fogelberg & Tom Weisberg Twin Sons pf Different Mothers (I love Tom Weisberg and think he's a mad flute player. This album is a pretty experimental and not really what I expected but there is still some great stuff on here)

Mekon-Revenge of the Mekon (some weird English....trip-hop i guess is how id describe it.....I dont know its weird and really good check em out!)

And last but not least the 7 inch....

Pavement-Father to a Sister of Thought (not for sampling, but if you are into underground 90s alt rock and dont know who Pavement is slap yourself in the face right now...Thankyou)

IMG_7113.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Thelonious Monk has always been the guy I hear and think "that's a sample, there!" and it turns out impossible to flip right for me... I'm sure you will do great stuff with it. Man's a proper genius.
Thelonious is dope! Everytime i listen to this tune, I beatbox a beat under it :)

dustface.wav

Beatmaker
Looks like you can find something dope on that George Shearing record...
yeah george shearing kills it. And all bossa nova tunes? extra plus!

Thelonious Monk has always been the guy I hear and think "that's a sample, there!" and it turns out impossible to flip right for me... I'm sure you will do great stuff with it. Man's a proper genius.
ah yes flipping this kinda jazz takes some time and and thinking outside the box yet so much great stuff to be had..... Thelonius' matirial is a goldmine in my eyes

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Here's a little CD curio...

apparently a couple years ago, Warner Music put out 99% exact reprints of their Japanese budget CDs ('80s albums and older) for the European market, including that little piece of paper attached to the jewel case and Japanese liner notes. No idea why, but it was interesting to see these pop up, I saw a jazz series and an R&B series - all from US artists. Wrap your head around that - old American albums reissued in Japan and manufactured in Germany.

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_212525.jpg
    IMG_20201109_212525.jpg
    956.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20201109_212605.jpg
    IMG_20201109_212605.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Here's a little CD curio...

apparently a couple years ago, Warner Music put out 99% exact reprints of their Japanese budget CDs ('80s albums and older) for the European market, including that little piece of paper attached to the jewel case and Japanese liner notes. No idea why, but it was interesting to see these pop up, I saw a jazz series and an R&B series - all from US artists. Wrap your head around that - old American albums reissued in Japan and manufactured in Germany.
ive been sampling some great japanese musicians recently. Some great music from Japan, the japs do appreciate good music.
Oh its western artists, should have read it all before chiming in hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online