Digging Wudge-U-Cop-While-Digging-Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I thought this thread would be a cool place to shout out what you got in tha record shop today diggin for samples!....Im almost religiously thumbin through tha bargain bin now-a-days every weekend lookin for somethin that might be dope....So i jus thought id share what i found, and yall can hollar if you got some good shit...Word. Well lets hear what ya got!?

Yesterday i copped:

Bill Cosby - "200 mph" - 50 cents
(only a few scratches on this one so u kno i was stoked cuz cosby's a funny mutherfucker!)

Blood Sweat and Tears - "more than ever" - 1.99
(this one happened to be in pristine condition so i was mad stoked....:D)

and my diamond in tha ruff....
Donald Fagen - "the nightfly" - 1.99
(this ones gonna be hot as hell!...For all a yall who dont kno, Fagen has got some tight ish man!)...Shhhhh!.....

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Wings' Finds

dope ish :dj: :thumb:

lately, i've copped some goodies as well:

charles earland - 1980 - coming to you live (lp)
(sweet jazzy ballads combined with laid-back disco. including the now wondrous hit 'coming to you live')

george duke - 1976-the solo keyboard album (lp) (mps)
(composed of serious solo jazz piano cuts & jazz-funk goods)

va - The Sugar Hill Records Story [5 cds]
(timeless music :headbang2 )

roy ayers - 1972 - live at the montreux jazz festival (cd)
(COMPLICATED, AT TIMES SOMEWHAT CONFUSING, FUNKY JAZZ. not for everyone)

lonnie liston smith - 1978 - loveland (cd)
(mellow, smooth, cosmic funk @ its very best!)

Keep Digging,
Wings

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i was in the classic rock section copping sum doors... led zepplin and these guys called morly grey .. already made a beat off the doors record .. its on my page called RUN...RUN..RUN. ... i need a break from soul so im tryin to get sum phat gutar riffs and drum breakdowns on rock records for the moment .. also just copped a Tal farlow(jazz) record with sum very usable stuff on it ... Whos donald fagen? this guy sounds dope! haha wings i got the whole live at the montreaux set with just about evryone that was there ..there was some good music up in there

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Nice...Tal Farlow is supposed to be cool from what ive heard?....Yo Donny Fagen is one a tha cats who got together to form tha band "steely dan"...I actually dont really care for their music, but back when fagen was alone and doin his thing he had some cool shit to sample, so i bought it and im glad its part of my collection...Some good piano and other cuts in there like guitar stuff....

Yo Mess where u @ man?....I kno u got somethin recently - wuts in yer crate???

Steezo

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
"PURPLE RAiN" AND "oFF THE WALL"
MiNT
oNE DoLLAR - SAME DAY
i BoUGHT SoME oTHER SHiT THAT DAY ToO BUT i REMEMBER FiNDiNG THoSE TWo CLEAR AS RiGHT NoW.
i LoVE THiS CiTY

THiS THREAD iS GoNNA LAST A LoNG TiME

RELEASE;

30CRATES

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
Im Not Really As Big On Digging As I Used To Be. Out Here In Jersey, Alot Of These Shops Be On Some Bullshit Charging Ridiculous Ass Prices. Most $1.00 Records I Find Now Are Pretty Much At Garage Sells Or Flea Markets. I Dont Even Fuck With The Shops Around My Way. There's A Shop Close To Me With Maaaaaaad Platters But His Prices Are Like$5.00 And Up. Anyway My Latest Finds Are...........

9th Creation....has That Joint "bubblegum"

Barry White....together Brothers Soundtrack

Cymande....... Has That Joint "the Bra"

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
holmz, nice nice, i've been sampling a the doors lately as well, aslo been samplin some pink floyd, and zeppelin, feeling the same need for some solid guitar riffs and good drums

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I got Buddy Miles Them changes LP in great condition for $2.00, Masters of the Universe 45 for .20, The Chevelles Gallop for .20, and about 6 Stax 45 records for .20.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! got some hot shit!
I love diggin'
I used to have to wear masks when I dug, the dust and mildew smell used to gag me but NOW, I handlez my biz! (after an Allegra, of course)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
iM A CLARitAN MAN MYSELF....LOL

RELEASE;

IL Lusciato

ill o.g.
30crates...what up....u ever go to the princeton record exchange? thats the REAL deal...alotta NY cats even come down to check that out...i stay diggin there...they got a whole 1.00 section with tons of stuff every style....and then stuff anywhere from 2.00-25.00 but mostly cheap......if u want more info holler at me on AIM "iLLusciato" but on the real u should check that out....best spot in jerz

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Shit, i forgot i started this last year so i had to dig it up....Yeah Joe - that D.Fagen is gem on the under....I really shouldnt have posted that one in hear, thats onea my older secret weapon records...lol....Ill post new grabs soon....im going shoppin nex week!

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Last Time I went diggin I got:

Yes - Drama
Curtis Mayfield - Short Eyes O.S.T.
The Mystic Moods Orchestra - Love the One Your With
Chocolate Milk - Action Speak Louder than Words
Gap Mangione - Self-Titled
Blood, Sweat and Tears - Self-Titled

...all of them were $1.

-Roy

ghostmusic

ill o.g.
I like wierd shit...I got a Record of military drum marches and a scottish bagpipe and drum record. Already cut up some of the marches, great for larying drums add some delay and the sound is HUGE.

trykome

CEO DFM Promoter/Emcee/Turntablist /Producer-(+)-
ill o.g.
Yesterday i picked up
Rare Earth-Ecology
George Harrison-All Things Must Pass
J.J. Cale-Troubador
Good Houskeeping Exercise Wax for cutting up
all these and a couple more think 9 cuts in all $4.50 i used nothing but change to pay for it all

hobgoblin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Traffic - Mr fantasy (UK prog rock band)
I've also been copping videos to try sampling something different, I got an old Japenese film called 'Seven Samurai' by Akira Kurosawa - some nice samples and sound efx on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.