Yes or no to drugs ?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
if people choose to take drugs then thats kewl with me its their choice but to use it to try and make your music sound better is a waste of fuckin time it ain't gonna happen !

I've tried most stuff but i don't anything regular anymore, i drink and i'll smoke weed if its there but thats about it these days !

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
classic said:
Man not to knock yalls life style

but fuck drugs

While yall are high, ill be hollering at your hoes

class....

haha, my girl rips a mean bongload as well... and she hates crunk music! haha. JUST PLAYING!

ill o.g.
I used to be one of the biggest heads i knew. I used to do weed, salvia, and coke. And i been to i forget what you call it but they try to help you quit. And all that.

I just did coke so i had more confidence, it wasnt beat related. It was just somethin i was doin. I did salvia to trip out. And i did weed every day for my beats. But one time when i was sober, chillin with the people i chill with, i see that theyre gonna be doin this shit til they die, and im gonna be here with them. SO i really re-thought about how much worth it, it was really to do drugs. Coke would kill me if i kept it up, and i might get too lazy to try and have a music career if i keep smokin weed. So last september i quit everything, just to see if i could do it. To see that i wasnt addicted and to see if i was capable of stopping in order to accomplish it.

And it worked. Its been hard but i havent smoked for 5 months. I still got some of the side-effects from weed, like bein in the middle of somethin and i just forget what im doing, and ill be standin there for 5 minutes tryin to remember what im doin. Or lack of oxygen getting to the lungs, and i have trouble breathin in badly-ventilated spots.

I dont really need shit no more to make my music, and i do my music fine without it. And probly in a couple years or somethin ill go back to weed once in a while, but i aint gonna be a head again.

And P Gyal, you never done anythin before, then i suggest not to even try it. Cuz even one time could get you wantin more.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
wow i never tried any drugs like i have been around people who smoked weed but never tried it, tho, after livin in the hood so long i really don't want to try it tho, crack is some messed up shit, be havin do all kinds of stuff jut to get another rock, but can yall explain what is salvia more never heard of it

ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
but can yall explain what is salvia more never heard of it

Its a hallucinogenic or however you say that. Its psychoactive or somethin. The indians used to use it. Its usually grown in mexico. Its legal in the US right now. You dont smoke the buds, you smoke the broken up pieces of the dried leaves. Maybe its just me, but it hurts your lungs a little. Where weed is smooth in your lungs. If you do enough, and close your eyes, you go places. Its real trippy. Its usually different for different people. But It dont really have any long term effects, besides the smoke in the lungs.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
oh ok i heard of that stuff the news was talkin about it one day, so its kinda like lsd and shit you start seein shit and stuff,

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
The combination of drugs and music is a blessing and a curse at the same time. In my experience (weed and music), making a beat and then getting high to tweak it works best, but keep in mind, this is with casual use. Smoking more and more leads to the drug becoming a crutch to support the creative process.

Personally, I quit smoking for about 9 months. I then proceeded to take a hit and listen to Game's "This is How We Do". Dre blew me away because I noticed details that I hadn't heard before. I immediately knew that I had to reincorporate some smoking into my beat creation process. But now I think I have reached the point again where drug use is a crutch. I don't think my creativity shines when I'm high. The music sounds dope, but it's just not bangin'.

The bottom line here is that you should probably stay away from the combination of drugs and music. I don't see a real benefit because eventually you will NEED it to be creative.

Most importantly, though, is that drugs are not good for your health. Conduct some research.

My opinion,

Ctrl

*-I don't "smoke" anymore, I "vaporize". How ya like me now?

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Herb aint for everyone but I find that when i listen to music lean im able to hear more so it helps develop my ear.

also i find that it helps me see situations from another perspective, so it can definatley hlep u think out the box thus developing orginality.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ahem......

Attachments

• Drugs.gif
    Drugs.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 117

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
Im sorry man , i will smoke a joint now and then, but i will never fuck with that horse of that blow, or anything else for that matter. IVe seen what it does to people first hand..

class...

Word Class, i have to, that shit is evil

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
honestly the best thing anyone can do to improve their hobbies is get healthy. about 4 years ago i had gained a lot of weight and then very slowly began jogging and doing sit ups. now i'm running/walking 2-4 miles a day on a treadmill and eating healthy (gotta take ya fish oil for that omega three) and i feel great. America is getting fat and lazy. If you want to handycap your competition then get off your lazy fat ass and get healthy. it'll make your brain work to it's potiential. Fat doesn't do anything but store energy that most will never utilize before they die, and your body has to carry it, that slows brain function to a certain degree im guessing. all i know is i have no mental roadblocks or writters block anymore. if i had the time i could work on my craft all day... but at some point that investment in time has to start paying up to some degree. whether that's women, money, or .... um women whatever the case i'm wondering where this investment in time that is my hobby is going to take me.

ill o.g.
JPeg said:
Herb aint for everyone but I find that when i listen to music lean im able to hear more so it helps develop my ear.

I know exactly what you mean. SOmetimes im listenin to p of the mobb, and i usually dont understand what hes talkin about. But when im high, i know exactly what he means. Its weird.

A

Automattik

although i dont condone the use of weed to kids i say that weed can turn a boring track into a dope track in less than a bowl.

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
Its perfectly legal and it gets you kind of high.

try the 10x extract, it wont get u kind of high, itll make u lose your mind for 2-5 min
if your going to do salvia - its all about the extract..
very easy to have a bad trip and you wont be able to stand or walk properly..

i rather stick to the greens tho

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
well known to drug heads hah

indians used to smoke it in the peace pipe for ceremonies n shit
we got a shop here called, The Spirits Within, on hastings st - they got all sorts of drugs from all over that arent illegal because its not that big of a problem i guess.. but they got shit like nuts from hawaii that will make u trip like acid and shit..
def wanna check it out if your in vancouver and u wanna get messed up lol

ill o.g.
I know a couple online sites, where they got like the brother plant to weed, its called marijuanilia or somethin like that. That got mad diffewrent plants, they got a thing where you can choose the kind of high you want, and they can tell you what you wanna get then.