Beat This! - April 10-11, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from April 10-11th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on April 10th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on April 11th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE

Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2019041011.png

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
I think I’ll start on this competition too. I’m quite new here and I wanna testify

That’s what I’m actually doin

Beats

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
Took a completely different approach this time. Dug into my crates for my old sounds and I think people here will appreciate it a little more than my new style of beats.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
I think I’ll start on this competition too. I’m quite new here and I wanna testify

That’s what I’m actually doin

Beats

Did you upload it to the entry form? I noticed you posted a beat in here and wanted to make sure you get entered in the right spot.
go here https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-this-competition/ and click on the third sentence or so where it says "the signups are now open" then you can upload your file.

what if we were able to vote for 3 beats , or at least have 5 votes and vote freely ? like 3 for 1 beat and 2 for another, or 4 for one beat and 1 for another, 1 for 5 beats. i know it's a tradition to vote like this and this is the beat this! that we are all used to, but there's always too many dope beats and most of them deserve to get more than 1 or 2 votes, what do u think @Fade ?

by the way if you started to use this system, please don't put the contestants other than the top 5s names in alphabetic order, i don't think there's gonna be too many beats with 0 votes that way.

Last edited:
Placed my vote, was stuck between 3, but one went particularly hard, that got my vote.
Also, big line up, lots of participation in the beat this, I like it a lot. Now Ive done a little market research I know what Im up against, will be coming hard as fuck very soon. Be afraid, be very afraid hahahahahahaha

Last edited:
Placed my vote, was stuck between 3, but one went particularly hard, that got my vote.
Also, big line up, lots of participation in the beat this, I like it a lot. Now Ive done a little market research I know what Im up against, will be coming hard as fuck very soon. Be afraid, be very afraid hahahahahahaha
can't wait to see a DEEZ BEATZ VS 2GooD Productions ... Damn I'm too much into illmuzik

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
#14 and #16 couldn't choose between them so I diced rolled...lets see if they even get the win. Man the cartoon chops had for a second but no beat dropped, i was expecting some sick drums...tease:wtf:. Good luck y'all. headed out for lunch with my Ol Lady:cool:

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
I am listening to this with my wife and its great hearing her perspective. Something I want to point out thats great, I might say I like #1 or #2 but those beats are different from what you are listening to ha. Great random system I got on again and numbers rearranged.

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Placed my vote. There were like four I had to decide on. I ultimately went with #18 because it reminded me of some Jedi Mind Tricks beat that Stoupe would have made with Vinnie Paz rippin' it up. Lots of different vibes and moods represented here. This was dope. I'm gonna jump in the next one Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.