Beat This! - July 15-16, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have a question, do you guys make your own beats and play instruments or do you use pre made sounds made by other people like loops or kits...
some people scour the internet for beats and pretend they made them, I shit you not, it happens.
The rest of us try to make our own, be it by sampling or composing, or using loops or whatever. At least they make their own.

is that a yes or a no..i'm confused..and i prefer not to be called a kid..thank you
hahahahahahaha, dont take it personal, hes joking because in the last beat this the highest scoring person on the battle tables was a fraud, he was literally banned a couple weeks ago. Its an inside joke, but you are so new, you dont get it.

is that a yes or a no..i'm confused..and i prefer not to be called a kid..thank you
OHOHOHO YOU CHOSE THE WRONG MUHFUKA TO BEEF WITH :D

jk tho, i love you all you assholes.

(still. f u lol)

love u tho.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
so i have a question, do you guys make your own beats and play instruments or do you use pre made sounds made by other people like loops or kits...
Mostly own beats but there's nothing wrong with using kits just as long as it's not a complete beat-jacking which happened and was a disaster. Big no-no.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
hahahahahahaha, dont take it personal, hes joking because in the last beat this the highest scoring person on the battle tables was a fraud, he was literally banned a couple weeks ago. Its an inside joke, but you are so new, you dont get it.
well if someone got banned, that person is not my concern..i'm just worried about what i need to do. i play instruments and use vst plug ins and loops from Splice...i hope that's ok

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
@Fade and @2GooD Productions , thanks for the intel..i appreciate it...it's funny because a lot of top producers today shop in the same place to get their sounds...that's why a lot of the beats sound the same..when you turn on the radio...but don't laugh when i say this but the producers i like following are the guys who do movie score productions...i love that epic cinematic shit..mainly because i really love movies...

well if someone got banned, that person is not my concern..i'm just worried about what i need to do. i play instruments and use vst plug ins and loops from Splice...i hope that's ok
Also, I would add, although this one has vocals allowed, usually the theme is that they arent allowed, but you can still use snippets, movies quotes, etc. The only real difference between the two formats is that on vocals allowed you can have full verses and no limits on the vocals, whereas when they arent allowed, you have those limitations. Sometimes whats allowed or not allowed can be a little misunderstood. Ive been here for many years and I still wonder if Im going a little too far with some vocal chops. At the end of the day some people voting will penalise you if they feel you are not following the current theme or not properly following the rules. It could be the difference between winning and losing. But thats how it is, its pretty subjective at the end of the day and close battles could often go to anybody. Just have fun is the goal, and to grow your skills as you go.

@Fade and @2GooD Productions , thanks for the intel..i appreciate it...it's funny because a lot of top producers today shop in the same place to get their sounds...that's why a lot of the beats sound the same..when you turn on the radio...but don't laugh when i say this but the producers i like following are the guys who do movie score productions...i love that epic cinematic shit..mainly because i really love movies...
you and me both, Ive wanted to do music for films, tv and games for as long as I can remember. Im in awe of Hans Zimmer, hes the man. But John Wiliiams and even John Carpenter too. I love the soundtracks.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
Also, I would add, although this one has vocals allowed, usually the theme is that they arent allowed, but you can still use snippets, movies quotes, etc. The only real difference between the two formats is that on vocals allowed you can have full verses and no limits on the vocals, whereas when they arent allowed, you have those limitations. Sometimes whats allowed or not allowed can be a little misunderstood. Ive been here for many years and I still wonder if Im going a little too far with some vocal chops. At the end of the day some people voting will penalise you if they feel you are not following the current theme or not properly following the rules. It could be the difference between winning and losing. But thats how it is, its pretty subjective at the end of the day and close battles could often go to anybody. Just have fun is the goal, and to grow your skills as you go.
thanks, and sorry for coming off as an asshole, idon't want you guys to the wrong impression about me..military kinda made me a no nonsense kinda guy

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You'll get used to the format here, no problem. Movie scores are awesome. This one always get me pumped up:

thanks, and sorry for coming off as an asshole, idon't want you guys to the wrong impression about me..military kinda made me a no nonsense kinda guy
I get that completely. Arvin likes to rub up people the wrong way, like that annoying dog that keeps trying to hump your leg. You just have to shoe him off.

crudeking

Delta Force Elite
you and me both, Ive wanted to do music for films, tv and games for as long as I can remember. Im in awe of Hans Zimmer, hes the man. But John Wiliiams and even John Carpenter too. I love the soundtracks.
oh yeah, now you talking Zimmer (grammy nominee), john williams is a god!!!! but my guy is Ramin Djawadi

Status
Not open for further replies.