Beat This! - June 1-2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Aiiight let's do it then!
Screenshot_20220602-000815_Gallery.jpg

Okay that's a horrible turnout :cautious: Let me see if I can make it a bit more interesting in the master, then I'll throw it in there with the other nerds
not really. themes like this need actual effort yk. especially if ur not into making retro shit or a certain vibe or just not into doing random stuff. it's almost like scoring. it's hard to get these themes right too really, I'm not even sure if I haven't fucked up and imagined it wrong like I did with the alien one.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
not really. themes like this need actual effort yk. especially if ur not into making retro shit or a certain vibe or just not into doing random stuff. it's almost like scoring. it's hard to get these themes right too really, I'm not even sure if I haven't fucked up and imagined it wrong like I did with the alien one.
I also fucked up the alien one. I fucked up more than one of these special themes. Maybe this one as well.
But that's not the point imo. The point is to challenge yourself and grow as a musician. Even if you fail.
Which is what I think is what's up.
People are scared of failing and so they don't even want to try. Or maybe it's like you say and people just didn't feel the theme. Maybe a combination of both.
Who knows. But yeah. What ever I guess. At least now we can go more in detail when listening to the beats.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Some of these beats do sound like they could actually be in the movie (but not too much hip hop like as @Iron Keys alluded to), lol.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
Some of these beats do sound like they could actually be in the movie (but not too much hip hop like as @Iron Keys alluded to), lol.

When it comes to this I judge via a few hurdles
- is it even good?
- does it sound hip-hop?
- could a rapper go on top of this?
- does it still fit the theme?

proabably a couple other thoughts too, but. Like after they pass that criteria, comes down to feel/preference/'uniqueness'/mix

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
fuck it let's spice it up...

drop your best nerd bars!!!! :micdrop:

spongebob squarepants smiling GIF

writing to the beat I voted for

I ain't no actor I'll slash ya with a protractor/
me + this compass = the maths to subtract ya/
clipboard in hand I'm on deck like the inspectah/
to prevent getting wrecked you'll need more than a pocket protector/
guns are for goons and brutes, but I ain't hating/
my pencil case is the only thing I need with a metal casing/
I don't have time for cheerleaders and sitting smoking high grade/
I only have time for extra homework, and getting high grades/
now it's time to pass the mic to you other geeky cucks/
all I ask is that if I've offended, please just don't beat me up//

nerd observing GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
What is your definition of a "hip hop" feel? Just curious....
something that isn't retro pop, house, techno, dubstep, rock, so on and so forth...

I mean this one don't even take up with me, take up with Fade. It's a hip-hop site. We had a period people were uploading like house beats or pure edm stuff.

I mean this is a hip-hop site, I'm sure people can figure it out. I've had Hip-Hop beats before with singing on it, and people considered it 'not hip hop' because of the vocal. So

something that isn't retro pop, house, techno, dubstep, rock, so on and so forth...

I mean this one don't even take up with me, take up with Fade. It's a hip-hop site. We had a period people were uploading like house beats or pure edm stuff.

I mean this is a hip-hop site, I'm sure people can figure it out. I've had Hip-Hop beats before with singing on it, and people considered it 'not hip hop' because of the vocal. So
as long as you can rap on it, it's techno-rap / pop-rap / whatevertf-rap

writing to the beat I voted for

I ain't no actor I'll slash ya with a protractor/
me + this compass = the maths to subtract ya/
clipboard in hand I'm on deck like the inspectah/
to prevent getting wrecked you'll need more than a pocket protector/
guns are for goons and brutes, but I ain't hating/
my pencil case is the only thing I need with a metal casing/
I don't have time for cheerleaders and sitting smoking high grade/
I only have time for extra homework, and getting high grades/
now it's time to pass the mic to you other geeky cucks/
all I ask is that if I've offended, please just don't beat me up//