Beat This! - June 1-2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the win @HypeBarbaric, great beat, nice use of the vocals and track sounded from that era and fit the film well. Nice one!

@2GooD Productions got my vote absolute fire track to me. Mixing and vocal effects real good. When I heard wonder joints I was like noooooooo I left that out!!!

@Armani, dope track man, I can picture this track when they just arrive at college. That bass is sick and lovin the scratching elements. Builds up to epic film score status.

@guitardep nice nerdy beat! Feels like you personally got the nerds around to help. That wacky bassline fits nice too!

Thanks for all that voted, I feel others deserved to be above mine but I will not complain, appreciated :clap:

I think this was a really bad turnout. Some of the beats were good but nothing stood out. I know it's tough to nail down some themes but maybe some of you guys were overthinking it? I just figured it would be a Hip Hop beat that had some nerdy sounds (beeps and boops) with some vocal snippets from the movie thrown in.

Yeah I feel I went a bit too far sampled not just vocals but also background from the ‘Initiation’ part.

Also took a fair while trying to semi-replicate the violin nerds melody from the start of their talent show with some chimes and then some strings. Honestly played those for over an hour to get it ‘right’ :ROFLMAO:

Had fun doing it though so that’s what counts

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I feel I went a bit too far sampled not just vocals but also background from the ‘Initiation’ part.

Also took a fair while trying to semi-replicate the violin nerds melody from the start of their talent show with some chimes and then some strings. Honestly played those for over an hour to get it ‘right’ :ROFLMAO:

Had fun doing it though so that’s what counts
I just think things could have been much simpler. But like I said, it's hard to figure out what the theme really is for those competing, as well as those voting.

The next Beat This is #300 so it's gotta be DOPE! Get your boners beats ready!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I just think things could have been much simpler. But like I said, it's hard to figure out what the theme really is for those competing, as well as those voting.

The next Beat This is #300 so it's gotta be DOPE! Get your boners beats ready!
It's the making you think part that makes it fun. Nothing worse than a contest where you make mindless beats.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I voted for @InsideOutBeats

Well done my brother. I felt only this and maybe one other could get my vote.

I wrote my nerd rap to yours.

Got the hiphop vibe down but also the sounds tied to that era but could still have some gutter rapper spitting about some nerd shit on it.

Top quality effort, deserving of every point.

I'm also out and drunk af writing and checking this to tell you that... so appreciate.

Love.

@Amnesia, felt very 80’s this one but that snare was like a woodpecker in my head, peck peck peck. The pads for me a bit too upfront, need to sit back a little I feel, enjoyed that though.

@Bangerz8888, fire beat but quite distorted in the mix and also didn’t really feel connected to the Revenge of the nerds Theme. Sort that distortion out and that is a banger though.

@Fury Beats, those keys off key and distract from the rest of the track but you kept the beat hiphop! Align those and the whole beat would improve from the get go (y)

@Mefisto Beats, beats great but feel this is more one for the BBOYS than the NERDS :ROFLMAO: I think this is banging!!

@Vossi Beats, I like this shit! Nice beat and groove, straight 80’s definitely. I feel maybe a little too far on that lead or whatever it is coz the build up to and after that is dope! I can hear the creativity in this one!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
@Amnesia, felt very 80’s this one but that snare was like a woodpecker in my head, peck peck peck. The pads for me a bit too upfront, need to sit back a little I feel, enjoyed that though.

@Bangerz8888, fire beat but quite distorted in the mix and also didn’t really feel connected to the Revenge of the nerds Theme. Sort that distortion out and that is a banger though.

@Fury Beats, those keys off key and distract from the rest of the track but you kept the beat hiphop! Align those and the whole beat would improve from the get go (y)

@Mefisto Beats, beats great but feel this is more one for the BBOYS than the NERDS :ROFLMAO: I think this is banging!!

@Vossi Beats, I like this shit! Nice beat and groove, straight 80’s definitely. I feel maybe a little too far on that lead or whatever it is coz the build up to and after that is dope! I can hear the creativity in this one!
Thanks for the feedback. It's always the little details that get me sometimes, I need to be more focused and precise when I make beats sometimes. It's a marathon not a sprint, right?

I voted for @InsideOutBeats

Well done my brother. I felt only this and maybe one other could get my vote.

I wrote my nerd rap to yours.

Got the hiphop vibe down but also the sounds tied to that era but could still have some gutter rapper spitting about some nerd shit on it.

Top quality effort, deserving of every point.

I'm also out and drunk af writing and checking this to tell you that... so appreciate.

Love.

@Iron Keys, thanks brother, appreciated! When you posted ya nerd rap, I went through the tracks and thought is that mine he’s done that to? Wasn’t sure :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy ya night, that nerd girls got the eye for ya……

revenge of the nerds GIF

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. It's always the little details that get me sometimes, I need to be more focused and precise when I make beats sometimes. It's a marathon not a sprint, right?

@Fury Beats damn right it’s a marathon, I’m learning constantly. Just the other day @2GooD Productions reminded me of ducking the bass which i’d seen before on YouTube but not utilised.
There’s so much to this I don’t think any producer would genuinely say they know it all as it’s a constant journey. Just make sure it’s fun man and enjoy

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
@Fury Beats damn right it’s a marathon, I’m learning constantly. Just the other day @2GooD Productions reminded me of ducking the bass which i’d seen before on YouTube but not utilised.
There’s so much to this I don’t think any producer would genuinely say they know it all as it’s a constant journey. Just make sure it’s fun man and enjoy
It's definitely an artform. There are "finger painting" and "water color" styles then there are more sophisticated oil-based or masterpieces as some call them. The crazy thing is you never know how it's gonna be percieved until you put it out there which makes it exciting every time.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
The theme wasn't exciting enough for me to make an effort to be honest

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Congrats @HypeBarbaric on the win!

Some of the beats didn't sound Hip Hop at all, were more electro/80s or whatever. They sounded good but not much on the Hip Hop side. Everyone should always remember that no matter the theme, it's always Hip Hop first!

People get real aggy with me when I say 'some beats arent very hiphop', but this is something I know you're big on so i say that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.