Beat This! - June 1-2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I MEAN I GET YOUR POINT but also ur being too much on it. a weird ass theme like this is best to be left half-hip-hoppy. again it's almost like making film score.
I disagree. The point is to make it hiphop.

It just has the sound or flavor or something.

Someone rapping on an electrohouse track doesn't make it a hiphop beat for example. It's still electrohouse

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
My interpretation of this theme is to use instruments from the era but still make it sound hip hopish. I think some people took the theme to literally mean make a sound track for the movie while forgetting to add the hip hop drums and elements that make the majority of hip hop beats what they are.

I disagree. The point is to make it hiphop.

It just has the sound or flavor or something.

Someone rapping on an electrohouse track doesn't make it a hiphop beat for example. It's still electrohouse
Yes, to an extent. the extent is just diff for everyone, so, Disagree to agree.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Well, the movie came out in July 20, 1984. So maybe it would sound like something Kurtis Blow, Fat Boys or LL Cool J (Radio) would put out....logically speaking

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well, the movie came out in July 20, 1984. So maybe it would sound like something Kurtis Blow, Fat Boys or LL Cool J (Radio) would put out....logically speaking
I guess. Something like that but with some nerdy beeps and boops. It can't just be something electronic-sounding, it still has to be Hip Hop, like all other themes.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
You're all nerds anyway.

Sitting at your little nerdy computers with your little softwares and nerdy 'beat making' machines and toys, dealing with all that physics and numbers, twisting your nerdy little dials to make minor adjustments to frequencies and subtle sonics like the nerdy little losers you are.

Pshh, beatmakers. So lame.
All day every day making beats!!!
Wake up
Make Beats
Sleep
Repeat
Machine Gun GIF

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I guess. Something like that but with some nerdy beeps and boops. It can't just be something electronic-sounding, it still has to be Hip Hop, like all other themes.
I was gonna sample Whip It from Devo but couldn't make anything sound right.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think this was a really bad turnout. Some of the beats were good but nothing stood out. I know it's tough to nail down some themes but maybe some of you guys were overthinking it? I just figured it would be a Hip Hop beat that had some nerdy sounds (beeps and boops) with some vocal snippets from the movie thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online