Beat This! - June 3-4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
I voted for @Focuskind i liked the vox and i could picture this somewhere. But most of all it also stuck in my head after i stepped away from it.

It was a close call between him and @SwayeeBoogie i really liked the way the vocals sat on the beat for me it sounded proper, i could almost place it back when i was listening to old Mobb joints.

There was quite a few I liked tbf.

@TACTIK was cool some jazzy vibes - i thought this was someone elses track who usually jazzies.

congrats @THEmfRIDDLAH this was on my list to next to SwayeeBoogie's track. both very close to my vote!
Much appreciated I began my sampling with jazz records and getting back into it some more. Been making lots of soul tracks and switching it up with more jazz lately when it comes to sampling.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
not what i was hoping to wake up to. But, getting used to it.

@THEmfRIDDLAH congrats. Deserved

Once again, nobody in the runner ups or winners were even in my top 4. Maybe I make shit people don't like because i like shit people don't like!!! hahah. Congrats to the runners up as well.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
@ArvinArmani I had yours as top 2, I honestly don't remember which one i went with in the end.. it was so close. I think I stuck with yours because it was just so fucking smooooooovvvveeeee. I think you gave it a much different sound and feel than most the rest.

@crog85 also good job. I figured there'd be a lot more trap type entries.. i don't know why people thought this was a boom bap type sample.. there was a ton to work with to make this trapped out.. you showed it well

@Primz You also had one that was on top for me. I just liked the bounce to it. Stood out for me and actually had me kinda jamming out.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
not what i was hoping to wake up to. But, getting used to it.

Once again, nobody in the runner ups or winners were even in my top 4. Maybe I make shit people don't like because i like shit people don't like!!! hahah.

Quite probably bro - I notice your stuff is quite different in style pretty much everyone here. That can be good tho, you've got your own thing going on. It's more a question of yourself, if you feel ILL is the place for you, then stay and keep bringing your unique flavour. I thought your beat is decent for what it's worth.
But either way, don't sweat it.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Quite probably bro - I notice your stuff is quite different in style pretty much everyone here. That can be good tho, you've got your own thing going on. It's more a question of yourself, if you feel ILL is the place for you, then stay and keep bringing your unique flavour. I thought your beat is decent for what it's worth.
But either way, don't sweat it.
oh, i aint bouncing out.. this shit motivates me if nothing else. I've improved in a lot of areas by forcing myself to try for a higher standard. And it's fucking fun. As long as I don't get caught up in the "winning" aspect. It's a win if I start learning more about myself and what I do.

oh, i aint bouncing out.. this shit motivates me if nothing else. I've improved in a lot of areas by forcing myself to try for a higher standard. And it's fucking fun. As long as I don't get caught up in the "winning" aspect. It's a win if I start learning more about myself and what I do.
as long as you achieve something in every battle, even if its just learning a new trick or achieving something in an easier way, stumbling across something that will massively step up your game, even if we dont win, we always take something from these battles. Im really competitive, I always have been, I really like winning, who doesnt? But I havent always won, and still dont most of the time, it was the passion and drive that got me through the ego bruising defeats to come back again better next time.
Im battle hardened now, Im so used to losing its like water off a ducks back now, I can take it in my stride.
The losses build character and test your passion and ambition to become the best you can be, its those battles with our own demons that truly shape us and mature us into well rounded music makers.

as long as you achieve something in every battle, even if its just learning a new trick or achieving something in an easier way, stumbling across something that will massively step up your game, even if we dont win, we always take something from these battles. Im really competitive, I always have been, I really like winning, who doesnt? But I havent always won, and still dont most of the time, it was the passion and drive that got me through the ego bruising defeats to come back again better next time.
Im battle hardened now, Im so used to losing its like water off a ducks back now, I can take it in my stride.
The losses build character and test your passion and ambition to become the best you can be, its those battles with our own demons that truly shape us and mature us into well rounded music makers.
Very well put my friend..couldn't have said it better myself

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Let's not flip off trappers or boom bappers @crog85 usin equality in Ill Muzik can help us learn from each others skills believe it or not. We all have different skills and like different flavors so the more we can connect stayin open, the better they're gonna get. ✌
Yeah! IllMuzik is all-inclusive! :woot:

:brofist:

Seriously guys... why are u reading so deep into this?

U ever play sports, video games, etc with your friends and they beat u and u say F u or call them a Bitch? We all have... so lets just move on please
Agreed, trash talking is what makes these competitions fun...for example; trap makers or boom bap makers...i will still kick your ass with just hi hats...lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.