Beat This! - June 3-4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Well deserved win @THEmfRIDDLAH !
And to the runner ups and everyone.

@2GooD Productions, you had my vote. And I'm glad you did place 'cuz you been servin' us all tasty remixes all week. Thanks for that.

@Fade is there any chance we get to know next Beat This theme now that we've been patiently waiting ? You're some kind of Santa Claus to me... :p and you got me excited earlier with that teasin'. Pleeeaaase

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade is there any chance we get to know next Beat This theme now that we've been patiently waiting ? You're some kind of Santa Claus to me... :p and you got me excited earlier with that teasin'. Pleeeaaase
LOL. The next one I can't wait for, it's going to be a sample flip. I hope everyone comes with some crazy shit. I'll announce it next week.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
All I can say is start working on making EVIL beats.

Here's a zoomed in shot of the flyer.

bthis.jpg

Just going through these now, trying to put some names to them.
Honorable mentions:
@Focuskind Havent seen you before and I usually hate choppy flips but you did a great job, really liked your flip.

@SwayeeBoogie That snare is something else, dope flip, real classic feel.

@crog85 Thought that was you man, I really like your style, you trapped the fuck out of that sample, great job.

@crosstevsky nice flip man, I enjoyed this one, has an authentic oldskool vibe to it.

@Cyents enjoyed this one too, I think its maybe a little too subtle to be appreciated, but I appreciated it.

@geezytwoeleven I loved this one, I like the worm synth in there too, nice touch.

@JodyKurtis I liked the use of the Guru sample and the reversed samples was dope as fuck, on some Dilla shit.

@Primz I think you did a good job of making a trap style flip out of this even if you kept the classic tempo. Nice flip, the scratches are a nice touch.

@TACTIK this is a real dope flip, smooth as hell, nice drums

@YannFer I really enjoyed this one, there is a lot going on but it works. Very topical too. Great work man.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Warzone is always once a month because it's a lot of work on my end to do that.

Beat This is every 2 weeks, so do the math. It's always Wednesday-Thursday. In between I announce the battle on the Wednesday.

Now, we can do Beat This every week if that's what you guys want because it's not as intensive for me than the Warzone, but I just don't want you guys to be battled-out.

Just going through these now, trying to put some names to them.
Honorable mentions:
@Focuskind Havent seen you before and I usually hate choppy flips but you did a great job, really liked your flip.

@SwayeeBoogie That snare is something else, dope flip, real classic feel.

@crog85 Thought that was you man, I really like your style, you trapped the fuck out of that sample, great job.

@crosstevsky nice flip man, I enjoyed this one, has an authentic oldskool vibe to it.

@Cyents enjoyed this one too, I think its maybe a little too subtle to be appreciated, but I appreciated it.

@geezytwoeleven I loved this one, I like the worm synth in there too, nice touch.

@JodyKurtis I liked the use of the Guru sample and the reversed samples was dope as fuck, on some Dilla shit.

@Primz I think you did a good job of making a trap style flip out of this even if you kept the classic tempo. Nice flip, the scratches are a nice touch.

@TACTIK this is a real dope flip, smooth as hell, nice drums

@YannFer I really enjoyed this one, there is a lot going on but it works. Very topical too. Great work man.
ayyy thanks bro, i simply cannot do boom bap lol enjoyed doing this one though. Congrats to all though. Well done

Warzone is always once a month because it's a lot of work on my end to do that.

Beat This is every 2 weeks, so do the math. It's always Wednesday-Thursday. In between I announce the battle on the Wednesday.

Now, we can do Beat This every week if that's what you guys want because it's not as intensive for me than the Warzone, but I just don't want you guys to be battled-out.
honestly, i think once every two weeks is enough, we have enough on our plates already hahahaha

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
honestly, i think once every two weeks is enough, we have enough on our plates already hahahaha
Yeah that's what I figured. You guys want to get the next one going, that's cool but that's a lot of battling! Spend that in-between time getting ready.

But it's usually like this on my calendar:

week 1: beat this
week 2: nothing
week 3: beat this
week 4: warzone

Something like that, depending on how it falls on the month.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I voted for @Focuskind i liked the vox and i could picture this somewhere. But most of all it also stuck in my head after i stepped away from it.

It was a close call between him and @SwayeeBoogie i really liked the way the vocals sat on the beat for me it sounded proper, i could almost place it back when i was listening to old Mobb joints.

There was quite a few I liked tbf.

@TACTIK was cool some jazzy vibes - i thought this was someone elses track who usually jazzies.

congrats @THEmfRIDDLAH this was on my list to next to SwayeeBoogie's track. both very close to my vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online