Beat This! - June 3-4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened again and man this could be the best turnout Ive seen, you could make an album off of this battle.
When I was listening earlier I had a lot of noise next door and couldnt get a proper listen, so I listened again in headphones.
Im really impressed with the turnout and the talent on display, how just a couple chops could be interpreted in so many ways.
Even though its the same few chops over and over again, the way people flipped it differently made it really interesting to listen to. This sort of battle would obviously favour the boom bap producers, but even the trap guys came with some heat too.
Overall Im very impressed with what everybody did here. It could go in so many directions.

Enemy Sounds

Boom Bapper
Battle Points: 68
well it's safe to say that mostly everybody jumped on the same sample piece..which made every beat sound the same...i was going to use it as well, but i figured this was going to happen. so win or lose i'm glad mine will sound different from everybody else's....and every beat is dope af..but they all are similar..nothing original..makes it hard to vote
Yeah, man, that one loop called everybody out to play.. Most of them sound very similar because of it, but Im voting on the ones that added extra pieces of the ENTIRE song.. Its cool to use one loop and loop the shit out of it; but its something totally different when you can take multiple pieces and freak them that way.. Hell, even the drums & percussion if you know what youre doing.. Utilize the entire song..

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
I just listened again and man this could be the best turnout Ive seen, you could make an album off of this battle.
When I was listening earlier I had a lot of noise next door and couldnt get a proper listen, so I listened again in headphones.
Im really impressed with the turnout and the talent on display, how just a couple chops could be interpreted in so many ways.
Even though its the same few chops over and over again, the way people flipped it differently made it really interesting to listen to. This sort of battle would obviously favour the boom bap producers, but even the trap guys came with some heat too.
Overall Im very impressed with what everybody did here. It could go in so many directions.
And the free use of vocals added a different twist on this one...btw is there a verse specifically made for this battle, or im wrong?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@2GooD Productions is right, there's a ton of dope tracks in this one. One thing is, there are some that are really good but I didn't hear enough of the sample as I'd like to, or some just looped the same part and even though they added other stuff, it would be nice to hear a few more parts of the original sample.

Agreed, the sample was geared towards boom bap.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
for me this is probably the track i thought "this sounds like the same track I heard in the last 3 battles".

Great production/sound quality, but I feel like i've heard it 5 times already

and I been back here less than a month i think.

Love
i dont know if were talking about the same track though.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online