Beat This! - March 11-12, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from March 11-12th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 11th at 1pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on March 12th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: TRAP DRUM BREAK
Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

• You must make a beat using this drum break!
  • You can chop it, add effects, etc, but we must be able to clearly hear it's from that drum break.

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2020031112.png

Last edited:

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Made my beat 142 BPM so you can hear all of it in 2 mins! It was fun chopping this break up. I didnt wanna use it at first until I came across an unfinished beat that needed something that hard. My Omnisphere and Korg sounds complimented the 808s well without having to EQ them too much!

I was going to chop it up at the recording studio where I work, but Washington State is on lockdown because of the coronavirus and a lot of businesses are closed and we are being told to stay home...so I woke up at 9:30am PDT and whipped something together.. don't really care about winning or not..just wanted to have fun with the sample... good luck to everyone tomorrow..

Thanks man, just everyone is freaking out about this shit... it's a drag...but selling beats right now is the best business to be in right now..lol

@Silentz , I do stay at home..my job is making and selling beats and producing... that's how I make my living... I'm at home a lot anyway unless I have business out of town...but the shutdown up here in my state is no big thing to me...and my wife works from home as well...so we are good and the kids will be home after Friday cause they are shutting all schools down for 2-3 weeks...just stocked up on supplies from Costco..drained every credit card for a grand total of $1,175.00...so I am set..got Kush and alcohol too...lol

My last hope that illmuzik is the last place without this Coronabullshit is gone... Madness... More people die every year due to complications after a common flu. When Swine influenza broke out and 180 people died in Poland nobody cared about it. Now only 44 people are just infected here in Poland and everybody is going crazy. Jeeeeez... Build yourself all a bunker and don't go out... Aha and don't forget to buy out everything from stores... That will definitely help you... Idiotism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online