Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
@StoneLockProd my man i can hear ur love for music! What u need to do with this one lower the tempo its wayy to fast it's much more chill to listen to it if you do that :D i wanna hear more from u... u are that type of beatmaker that will improve his skillz by competing here trust me you will become better and better! Lower the tempo bro;):fire: keep on banging!! Again tnx 4 the vote!!!

@Cyents DUUUUUUUDE Congrats! ya made it man! Great job! I'd dream of having a first battle as dope as this. I think I voted for you but I changed it. your beat gives me some Yonkers vibes!
@Bugsy You reallly deserved a winner or at least a runner-up with that shit. that was on another level really. I'd do the fast-cuts first then bring in the continuous samples with long basses for the flow though, feel me?
@gt90 I wish you didn't bring the stiff 808 snares in that classic. I mean the snares were okay, but you should've made them blend in a bit more, you know? a bit thicker, thumpier, maybe a reverb or the 2good delay technique? that'd be awesome
@Memento Beats Duuuuuuuuude you started yelling again :D just chillllllllllllllll. I miss your chill side. this is too loud. and tbh I instantly knew it's you :D
@MinD AXioM Good job on the vibe. really. the atmosphere you created was totally awesome. with the pad-ish thing and the pluck. really good job. In my list you'd be in top 5.
@Muszolini I vibe with your beat a lot. the way you didn't complicate it and just changed the chords when u changed them. Damn man I liked that. actually I was stuck between you, sire and cyents while voting.
@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS Damn bro. I voted for you actually. really good job on them Horns. gave me some straight up weezy/drizzy vibes. you should've made the verses more quiet though. so the hook would've had the momentum, you know? no one wants to hear a verse full of a yelling beat. the rapper is the one who yells.
@YannFer that sounds pretty "Not bad". Did you sample that? If you didn't that's really awesome. cuz it sounds really realistic. but If there's one feedback, I'd say make the verse less ... shouting, you know? I said this too many times. verses should leave space for the rapper. that's like ... one of the basics. unless it's a really ... Really weird scenario or you have brilliant mixing skills so you can fit the rapper in. btw thanks for havin my back, you really clarified what I really meant. the last battles were just much better.

If you haven't been mentioned, then you're one of the 5 garbage beats :D JK, it means I'm just too tired to analyze your beat and your problems are too ... professional for the sleepy me to give constructive feedback about.

Enemy Sounds

Boom Bapper
Battle Points: 68
First off - I wanna say big ups to every producer in here.. This wouldn't be the community that it is without all y'all..

Next, I wanna say big ups to every producer who submitted.. Y'all definitely had some very interesting joints.. :up2: I enjoyed listening to everyone's brains and thoughts. It let me into your world as a producer and what you think about while you craft..

Also wanna give a shout out to @crog85 for the win.. I mentioned your best to another producer in here.. I said "I'm not gonna lie, one of those trap beats was hard as fuck.." - that was yours, sir.. Props :up2:

And last, I just wanna shout out everyone who voted for my beat that put me in the runners up section.. I appreciate the love y'all showed because without the votes I wouldn't have made it there.. This is a fantastic platform that @Fade has given us and I'm loving the fuck out of it! This was my first beat battle I've ever entered, butnit won't be my last!! Keep your ears open for me on the next one! :up2: #MadPeaceAndRespectToYall

Enemy Sounds

Boom Bapper
@Cyents DUUUUUUUDE Congrats! ya made it man! Great job! I'd dream of having a first battle as dope as this. I think I voted for you but I changed it. your beat gives me some Yonkers vibes!
@Bugsy You reallly deserved a winner or at least a runner-up with that shit. that was on another level really. I'd do the fast-cuts first then bring in the continuous samples with long basses for the flow though, feel me?
@gt90 I wish you didn't bring the stiff 808 snares in that classic. I mean the snares were okay, but you should've made them blend in a bit more, you know? a bit thicker, thumpier, maybe a reverb or the 2good delay technique? that'd be awesome
@Memento Beats Duuuuuuuuude you started yelling again :D just chillllllllllllllll. I miss your chill side. this is too loud. and tbh I instantly knew it's you :D
@MinD AXioM Good job on the vibe. really. the atmosphere you created was totally awesome. with the pad-ish thing and the pluck. really good job. In my list you'd be in top 5.
@Muszolini I vibe with your beat a lot. the way you didn't complicate it and just changed the chords when u changed them. Damn man I liked that. actually I was stuck between you, sire and cyents while voting.
@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS Damn bro. I voted for you actually. really good job on them Horns. gave me some straight up weezy/drizzy vibes. you should've made the verses more quiet though. so the hook would've had the momentum, you know? no one wants to hear a verse full of a yelling beat. the rapper is the one who yells.
@YannFer that sounds pretty "Not bad". Did you sample that? If you didn't that's really awesome. cuz it sounds really realistic. but If there's one feedback, I'd say make the verse less ... shouting, you know? I said this too many times. verses should leave space for the rapper. that's like ... one of the basics. unless it's a really ... Really weird scenario or you have brilliant mixing skills so you can fit the rapper in. btw thanks for havin my back, you really clarified what I really meant. the last battles were just much better.

If you haven't been mentioned, then you're one of the 5 garbage beats :D JK, it means I'm just too tired to analyze your beat and your problems are too ... professional for the sleepy me to give constructive feedback about.

Haaaa!! Thanks bruh!

i know exactly where Arvin is coming from, and you, and you are both right about not sugar coating shit, and people need to hear the truth. I couldnt agree more, but just shitting on 4 fifths of the entries is rude, it stinks of elitism and can put people off. I just wanted to point out that we all came from nothing and to not forget that, not many beatmaking communities like this and I really like the traffic of recent days, its just like how this place used to be and that can only be a good thing. We can keep it civil at the same time and not come across as total arseholes when really we arent. Especially after the last beat this where the guy just shit on everybodys music because his boys told him he should have won hahahaha
P.S. just a clarification. I was the same cocky motherfucker before winning battles too. remember the last battle that or any showcase that I've ever been in? it's not a winning effect, it's just that I'm an asshole in general. But a Constructive asshole ;)

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
WOW.. none of my TOP 4 even made runner up!

If that doesn't speak to the subjective nature of this..
Congrats to those 4 even if I didn't consider you.

@2GooD Productions
One of my top 6

@Bugsy
I was going to put you down for my second round of voting.. but yo.. that "chirp" noise.. like.. i could NOT handle it anymore. Bring that down and it would have been very nice.

@DEEZ BEATZ
Top 5. shit was smooth as fuck. Like, if we're just talking all and out best beat.. that might be it. There were just others that were more my style.. so I voted that way. But, quality wise.. you might have it.

@gt90
Yo, did you flip Rocky theme? I swear that shit came in for a second and gave it away. I had you top 3. Just not enough going on outside of the sample and the drums stayed pretty mcuch the same throughout.

@Memento Beats
I think we all knew who did that one :) Was pretty dope and I like your style.. but in the end.. TOO MUCH.. I felt like I had been assualted and it felt violating.. haha. Like, you had so much going on there was a lack of coherentness.. which is not a word. .All over the place.. You could probably focus those different parts and make a couple dope beats out of. Also, since I rap. I'm always trying to kick a rhyme on a beat.. and sometimes your style just doesn't mesh with that. But, it depends on where you take it.. this time was just too out there.

@nottr
i really liked where you were going with that. reminds me of some stuff I used to do.. you prolly did it better. Just didn't quite pull it off for me though, bit conflicting with the cuts.. maybe it's just how the pan was hitting each ear gave me a sense of timing that i couldn't really nod to.

@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS
You had my vote man. that shit was ill as fuck. After the second buildup and you brought that over the top sound it had some great harmony with the horns.. Overall just very nice. I can't believe you didn't fucking get runner up. Like. For real.. I thought it was completely obvious. Well done.

@YannFer
I dont know what to say. Just pretty ill. Didn't care for the bass underneath sounded a bit off tune. Then the breakdown section without the drums didn't do it for me.. but I could see this being a street banger for sure. Maybe have REKS rip that shit. If it wasn't for some of the small execution issues I'd have put that in my top 3.. stillrounded out the top 6 or so though. Nice.

So, That's my personal round up of what I thought was dope. I would very much appreciate if anyone could lend some feedback to my shit. I'm starting to feel stuck in the mud.

Thanks
(I need to figure out how to tag people>...)
(EDIT:I FIGURE IT OUT>);)

Wow I like to see my beat in this list !
I appreciate your feedback, dude

Ok, so here's my feedback on yours :
First of all, it is not shit...

Now seriously.
As you mentionned it is all very subjective and I am not judging the piece of music you made, I am giving you the reasons why your beat did not get my vote in the context of this beat battle.

The tempo is too fast for me. A simple thing would be just slowing it down.

Then the way your drums are mixed in make it almost not a hip-hop beat. I mean I can hardly picture a rapper toplining your beat.
I would put all the melodic parts more in the background and keep the beat more "in your face" specially the kick. To some extent, it sounds almost like rock drums.

Yes the melodic parts are good and I understand why you want them all to be heard... I'm always guilty of that myself. But I would advise to keep only one "lead" close (just behind the drums) and the rest way back, burried. For instance, in that beat your piano could be the lead.

And, I would use no/less reverb on almost everything except the stuff you want burried in the background.

I feel awkward giving mixing advice with that shitty beat I made... But I guess that's my most honest opinion.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
@StoneLockProd my man i can hear ur love for music! What u need to do with this one lower the tempo its wayy to fast it's much more chill to listen to it if you do that :D i wanna hear more from u... u are that type of beatmaker that will improve his skillz by competing here trust me you will become better and better! Lower the tempo bro;):fire: keep on banging!! Again tnx 4 the vote!!!
interesting.. i make my shit to spit on.. so my pocket is like 120bpm.. this clocks in at 110.. so it feels slow already!! haha, I tend to make shit that is more hyped up.. perhaps when I have something at this tempo I need to strip out some elements so it's not as busy. Thanks for the suggestion. MUCH appreciate.

interesting.. i make my shit to spit on.. so my pocket is like 120bpm.. this clocks in at 110.. so it feels slow already!! haha, I tend to make shit that is more hyped up.. perhaps when I have something at this tempo I need to strip out some elements so it's not as busy. Thanks for the suggestion. MUCH appreciate.
yea but you did double time dude :D Regular time 190 is slower than double time 110. we both know that, u just like fast drums, admit it :D

Enemy Sounds

Boom Bapper

Wow, you really changed your vote, bruh? LMAO

Wow, you really changed your vote, bruh? LMAO
You know, your beat smelled like a winner already, but I knew sire was gonna be underappreciated. I do this a lot of times now that I think of it :D I root for the underdog, cuz the underdog is exactly the guy who reminds me of me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.