Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@crosstevsky I wake up this morning and I see a msg from u... “@crog85 Peter Gundry?” lol I knew u knew, but I couldnt reveal my secret... Muhuhahaha lol Thanks for the vote tho! :up2:
well i recognised your style and i saw you posted ''haven't i flipped this" in the Peter Grundy thread...and i knew... dope beat...you flipped it really good...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@MinD AXioM you got my vote, bruh! Really loved that hypnotic vibe - was 1 of only 2 tracks I could listen to whole way through!!

@DEEZ BEATZ narrowly missed out to above, bro - loved the vibe and instrumentation in your track. Was the only other track I bumped whole way through.

You two gave me a proper nightmare trying to decide between yous. I picked what i did merely because it reminded me of some shit I was making.

@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS you was in my list too - was getting "make it rain" vibes from your track. Almost got myvote again!
@Primz your shit sounded cool to me bro, but I felt the vocal was influencing my decision too much,soz but *dope*.
@oninkaf i really loved the funk in your track, missed my vote only cause i was looking for something else.
@Bugsy your beat was tight, really had me "locked in" to it. only missed out cause ^same reason.

@crog85 congrats on winning, It was the beat I said "i already know which one is going to win" .

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
congrats. @crog85 i knew that was you, you got my vote... @Muszolini and @TACTIK you were close....
Thanks a grip bro using the raw samples and breaks for sure. I fixed my axiom keyboard by doing some reset to default and think I should fit in a lil more with digital stuff when theres theme.

Yo fake scratch was interesting. How u doing it, on a controller with no fader? Your motivating me to be adding cuts bro thanks for the feedback already!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Thanks a grip bro using the raw samples and breaks for sure. I fixed my axiom keyboard by doing some reset to default and think I should fit in a lil more with digital stuff when theres theme.

Yo fake scratch was interesting. How u doing it, on a controller with no fader? Your motivating me to be adding cuts bro thanks for the feedback already!
no, actually its not that fake...i've downloaded a scratch sample from looperman and then i've chopped it up like a sample and played my own pattern...

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
WOW.. none of my TOP 4 even made runner up!

If that doesn't speak to the subjective nature of this..
Congrats to those 4 even if I didn't consider you.

@2GooD Productions
One of my top 6

@Bugsy
I was going to put you down for my second round of voting.. but yo.. that "chirp" noise.. like.. i could NOT handle it anymore. Bring that down and it would have been very nice.

@DEEZ BEATZ
Top 5. shit was smooth as fuck. Like, if we're just talking all and out best beat.. that might be it. There were just others that were more my style.. so I voted that way. But, quality wise.. you might have it.

@gt90
Yo, did you flip Rocky theme? I swear that shit came in for a second and gave it away. I had you top 3. Just not enough going on outside of the sample and the drums stayed pretty mcuch the same throughout.

@Memento Beats
I think we all knew who did that one :) Was pretty dope and I like your style.. but in the end.. TOO MUCH.. I felt like I had been assualted and it felt violating.. haha. Like, you had so much going on there was a lack of coherentness.. which is not a word. .All over the place.. You could probably focus those different parts and make a couple dope beats out of. Also, since I rap. I'm always trying to kick a rhyme on a beat.. and sometimes your style just doesn't mesh with that. But, it depends on where you take it.. this time was just too out there.

@nottr
i really liked where you were going with that. reminds me of some stuff I used to do.. you prolly did it better. Just didn't quite pull it off for me though, bit conflicting with the cuts.. maybe it's just how the pan was hitting each ear gave me a sense of timing that i couldn't really nod to.

@ThE_SiRe_BeAtS
You had my vote man. that shit was ill as fuck. After the second buildup and you brought that over the top sound it had some great harmony with the horns.. Overall just very nice. I can't believe you didn't fucking get runner up. Like. For real.. I thought it was completely obvious. Well done.

@YannFer
I dont know what to say. Just pretty ill. Didn't care for the bass underneath sounded a bit off tune. Then the breakdown section without the drums didn't do it for me.. but I could see this being a street banger for sure. Maybe have REKS rip that shit. If it wasn't for some of the small execution issues I'd have put that in my top 3.. stillrounded out the top 6 or so though. Nice.

So, That's my personal round up of what I thought was dope. I would very much appreciate if anyone could lend some feedback to my shit. I'm starting to feel stuck in the mud.

Thanks
(I need to figure out how to tag people>...)
(EDIT:I FIGURE IT OUT>);)

Last edited:
WOW.. none of my TOP 4 even made runner up!

If that doesn't speak to the subjective nature of this..
Congrats to those 4 even if I didn't consider you.

2Good Productions..
One of my top 6

Thanks
(I need to figure out how to tag people>...)
Thanks, and use the @ sign before their name, as you type it it will give you the option to select them and tag them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.