Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
that face you make sample beat this.png

@Fade i have been gone awhile. Been working on other projects. I have a question about the rules fir this competition. Most of my current beats have chorus in it. I have a few rappers and singers that i have been working with and I use sites like splice and sounds to get vocals because i dont have anyone that can sing exactly when i need them. The rules say occasional snippets. For example most of my beats have a intro then chorus then verse chorus verse etc..... is it against the rules to compete with a beat that has a chorus in it?

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@Fade i have been gone awhile. Been working on other projects. I have a question about the rules fir this competition. Most of my current beats have chorus in it. I have a few rappers and singers that i have been working with and I use sites like splice and sounds to get vocals because i dont have anyone that can sing exactly when i need them. The rules say occasional snippets. For example most of my beats have a intro then chorus then verse chorus verse etc..... is it against the rules to compete with a beat that has a chorus in it?
Fade will answer it for sure, but everybody that is here knows the rule about no vocals...you will lose votes because of that even if it is a dope beat(which im sure it is a dope beat :) )

Yeah
Fade will answer it for sure, but everybody that is here knows the rule about no vocals...you will lose votes because of that even if it is a dope beat(which im sure it is a dope beat :) )
I can take the vocals out. Not a hard thing to do which is probably what I’ll end up doing anyway. The vocals just add a different element but it’s all good.

If they are vocal snippets put together its okay. Or movie quotes
its a like a whole 8 bar chorus bro...which is probably to long. Just thought id ask. I just havent been making strictly beats because to rap or sing it needs to be formatted a certain way. But I can change it up for the competition. No biggie. Just thought Id ask because it really is only just a chorus. no lyrics or verses. I think i understand though. Ill fix it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It depends. If the chorus vocals are just a few words, sure, but if it's a full-on chorus then no. I mean, you could submit it anyway but you might not get the votes. Plus, it's only 2 minutes so adding in a chorus like that takes up a good amount of time. Can you just take the vocal parts out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online