Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 4 or 5 really cool beats in it, but Imma be honest This is straight up one of the weakest beat this battles I've witnessed here. We probably put too much effort into the last beat battles and still haven't recovered :D

I'm not being butthurt, because I can't be butthurt, I'm not even in the battle! and I mean there were like 6 realllly good ones, I'm excited to see which one of them wins, but like 5 of them other beats sounded like straight up shit. one was totally off-beat!!! how can u even manage to do that :D

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
There are 4 or 5 really cool beats in it, but Imma be honest This is straight up one of the weakest beat this battles I've witnessed here. We probably put too much effort into the last beat battles and still haven't recovered :D

I'm not being butthurt, because I can't be butthurt, I'm not even in the battle! and I mean there were like 6 realllly good ones, I'm excited to see which one of them wins, but like 5 of them other beats sounded like straight up shit. one was totally off-beat!!! how can u even manage to do that :D
you are not in it...and...one of the weakest battles...now come on...besides whats wrong with off-beat beat? :)

Im only halfway through and already heard some contenders, and @ArvinArmani you should stop shitting on peoples work, none of us started out as Pete Rock. I give them respect for having the guts to even have a go. Its been like the old days recently with the lockdown, lets try to continue it eh?

Enemy Sounds

Boom Bapper
Battle Points: 68

Man as soon as I heard that one I immediately skipped to the next one :D:D.. There was 3 for a fact that were dope as fuck.. All the other ones kinda all sounded similar in a way.. I'm not shittin on any one of these guys in any way - but I'm sayin, though - does everybody have the same Trap VSTs and 808s? I don't know.. I guess since I'm not in that zone I wouldn't know.. Again I'm not hating...Trust me.. I'm just a real Hip-Hop head who's observing :) #alllove

Man as soon as I heard that one I immediately skipped to the next one :D:D.. There was 3 for a fact that were dope as fuck.. All the other ones kinda all sounded similar in a way.. I'm not shittin on any one of these guys in any way - but I'm sayin, though - does everybody have the same Trap VSTs and 808s? I don't know.. I guess since I'm not in that zone I wouldn't know.. Again I'm not hating...Trust me.. I'm just a real Hip-Hop head who's observing :) #alllove
we are all learning here and are all at different stages of our production journeys, we have to allow for the fact that not everybody is an elite beatmaker/producer...yet. Oh but one day they could very well be. Taking losses is an important part in our growth and getting our egos in check and keep us grounded

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
@ArvinArmani LOL you're starting to come off like that douche knob that was here for the last one. These are really dope beats as usual. It's going to be tough to decide.
@ArvinArmani gets um going!
D306DE35-F955-41B2-8D67-904715237935.jpeg

Im only halfway through and already heard some contenders, and @ArvinArmani you should stop shitting on peoples work, none of us started out as Pete Rock. I give them respect for having the guts to even have a go. Its been like the old days recently with the lockdown, lets try to continue it eh?
@ArvinArmani LOL you're starting to come off like that douche knob that was here for the last one. These are really dope beats as usual. It's going to be tough to decide.
Definitely saw this coming...
First of all, I didn't shit on no ones work, because no one knows if his/her beat has been inside one of those 5 or 6 that I actually liked. so... who gives a fuck bout that? second of all, I can't be sugercoating 24/7. If I always say "Yoooo this battle is DOPE :fire: keep it I00 bishaz" then who gives a f what I'm saying, you know? if you're on early stages of beatmaking, then you're most likely not good. would you really want me to lie about it? One of the reasons I love illmuzik the most is that in battle you just see how good are you.

The reasons I don't showcase a lot is that I feel like people get shy in there. the idea behind showcase is awesome, but It takes ages for me to get a negative feedback in there. when I'm giving feedback in showcase though, I'm always trying to find all the shitty stuff in peoples work and later on, they always appreciate it.

I just want to be honest, so when I say something I actually mean it. not just make things sound cool. by the way I'm not even losing in this battle, why'd you compare me to doucheknob? :D

First of all, I didn't shit on no ones work, because no one knows if his/her beat has been inside one of those 5 or 6 that I actually liked. so... who gives a fuck bout that? second of all, I can't be sugercoating 24/7. If I always say "Yoooo this battle is DOPE :fire: keep it I00 bishaz" then who gives a f what I'm saying, you know? if you're on early stages of beatmaking, then you're most likely not good. would you really want me to lie about it? One of the reasons I love illmuzik the most is that in battle you just see how good are you.

The reasons I don't showcase a lot is that I feel like people get shy in there. the idea behind showcase is awesome, but It takes ages for me to get a negative feedback in there. when I'm giving feedback in showcase though, I'm always trying to find all the shitty stuff in peoples work and later on, they always appreciate it.

I just want to be honest, so when I say something I actually mean it. not just make things sound cool. by the way I'm not even losing in this battle, why'd you compare me to doucheknob? :D
there is keeping it real without making people feel like total shit and feel like they have come across some cliquey exclusive group that is hostile to newcomers or beginners and that this isnt the place for them. Im being real when I say not a single one of us started out making great beats, it takes time to get there, we have to have our noses bloodied in battle a few times. Dont put people off before they even begin is my only point.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127

I agree.. one has to be honest but also keep in mind that music is subjective..what doesn't sounds good to me it doesn't mean that it is shit...just not my kind of shit...btw that beat is not off-beat is polyrhythmic...

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Its cool, let Arvin trash on me and folks like me. I got big boy pants on, but there is a line of tasteful and being a dick about it.

People like me we try and hopefully are getting better, but even though I can take it, younger guys might not. No reason to run people off.

there is keeping it real without making people feel like total shit and feel like they have come across some cliquey exclusive group that is hostile to newcomers or beginners and that this isnt the place for them. Im being real when I say not a single one of us started out making great beats, it takes time to get there, we have to have our noses bloodied in battle a few times. Dont put people off before they even begin is my only point.
First off, What's your problem with 's? :D
I get your point, I gotta admit you Kinda got me, but still I just do what I want people to do to me. as Imam Ali says threat your brother like you threat yourself. I like people to be real when things are about me. I officially take this moment to thank every person who has shitted on me throughout these 3 years, because it was either friendly or non-friendly, which meas I was either guided or made me make a diss beat (sigh... yup)or motivated me towards improvement.

First off, What's your problem with 's? :D
I get your point, I gotta admit you Kinda got me, but still I just do what I want people to do to me. as Imam Ali says threat your brother like you threat yourself. I like people to be real when things are about me. I officially take this moment to thank every person who has shitted on me throughout these 3 years, because it was either friendly or non-friendly, which meas I was either guided or made me make a diss beat (sigh... yup)or motivated me towards improvement.
I know exactly where you are coming from, but do they?

you are not in it...and...one of the weakest battles...now come on...besides whats wrong with off-beat beat? :)
I see what you did there dude. :) totally means "Fuck you" and we both know that :D
Also, what's wrong with off-beat beat? duuude that's like... the first thing you shouldn't have in a hip-hop beat unless it's a Realllllly weird case or smth.

Its cool, let Arvin trash on me and folks like me. I got big boy pants on, but there is a line of tasteful and being a dick about it.

People like me we try and hopefully are getting better, but even though I can take it, younger guys might not. No reason to run people off.
If someones reaction is to hate beatmaking because of a doucheknob like me, then he shouldn't do anything in his life really :D and the trick is that everyone thinks they're in the "6 actually good beats" group that I mentioned.

I know exactly where you are coming from, but do they?
I don't know man. I didn't directly call anyone out so why'd someone think that they are one of the shit beats that I mentioned? you know?

I see what you did there dude. :) totally means "Fuck you" and we both know that :D
Also, what's wrong with off-beat beat? duuude that's like... the first thing you shouldn't have in a hip-hop beat unless it's a Realllllly weird case or smth.

If someones reaction is to hate beatmaking because of a doucheknob like me, then he shouldn't do anything in his life really :D and the trick is that everyone thinks they're in the "6 actually good beats" group that I mentioned.

I don't know man. I didn't directly call anyone out so why'd someone think that they are one of the shit beats that I mentioned? you know?
because when the results come in, there will be 22 people thinking you were talking about them hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.