Beat This! - October 7-8, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from October 7-8th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 7th at 12pm ET (New York time), and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for one day, on October 8th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out https://time.is/ to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: ELEVATOR MUSIC
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocal Track Allowed?: YES

• You must sample this song: Elevator Music
  • This is the MP3 of that song: bthis_elevator.mp3
  • You can do whatever you want to the samples but we must be able to tell it's from the original song.

===========
*NOTE: From now on there's a criteria called "vocal track allowed?". It will be yes or no. If it's "yes", this means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example). You can still have occasional vocal snippets (but don't rely on them too much).
===========

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favouritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2020100708.jpg

Sometimes this happens. It could be people just don't feel like flipping something or maybe everyone's brains are on overload right now with the world stuff. Who knows.
making music is the best way to get away from the "world stuff", its going down the pan, fuck it. Ill be like Nero and make music while it burns

I almost didn't sign up. It took me a couple of days to even get an idea of how to flip this piece. I didn't think it was possible, until I pulled one of my favourite tricks... see you tomorrow
good luck, mine isnt my best work, tried to use more of the sample than I usually do though. There wasnt really much to choose from, but I didnt do too bad. Wanted it so people could make out the samples.
As for favorite trick, I really considered reversing samples but didnt need to in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.