Not open for further replies.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Jay Z Clapping GIF

Congratz @YannFer, entry was :fire:.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Good question @Iron Keys ! Congrats on the win @YannFer I voted for crog85 due to the unique sound and hard hittin' bass.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I thought @Andante had this one… Dopest one of them all imo. Vocals + Beat went very well together, didnt feel forced like some of the others. (Also the quality of the acapella sounded good) Nice work!

@LiveLargeBeats I really like the beat, but i dont think the vocals worked well at a faster tempo… I know the vibe of the beat complements the acapella, but I mightve tried slowing the tempo down to match the vocals or just scrapping them and leave just the beat bc its dope by itself :fire:

@jaharicookinup Hard beat man! I really liked it, would really be dope with the right vocals :fire:

@Memento Beats Glad to see u again! Still doing ur thing… Dope beat as always! :facts:

@Pcs shorty Change ups in the beat were really dope! Vocals remind me of local/underground stuff I used to listen to growing up (y)

Yal down play the Southern style beats or "trap beats" as yal call it but listen to the radio the top 5 beats on hear are nothing like what ppl wanna hear except for in this site...pop and country now have so called trap styles now...it seems like if you don't make a up north type beat you get no respect no matter how much creativity and mixing and dopeness you have...like I said b4 I don't know how to sample but I still make using my own creativity but can't get noticed thru all this sampling and acapellas....

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yal down play the Southern style beats or "trap beats" as yal call it but listen to the radio
that's what im dissing.

There's zero uniqueness on them shit radio trap beats. top producers even the god of trap beats said it.it's shit. same 1 beat, made by every single person. not even talking about here when i say it. it's the most boring fucking lifeless shit ever. it's stagnated hiphop.

None of those rappers can rap even.

shit is a poison to hiphop.

even the rappers all have the same fucking name hahaha

im also dissing whatever fucking idiots want to listen to the same 1 fuvking thing over n over

Last edited:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Yal down play the Southern style beats or "trap beats" as yal call it but listen to the radio the top 5 beats on hear are nothing like what ppl wanna hear except for in this site...pop and country now have so called trap styles now...it seems like if you don't make a up north type beat you get no respect no matter how much creativity and mixing and dopeness you have...like I said b4 I don't know how to sample but I still make using my own creativity but can't get noticed thru all this sampling and acapellas....
I can not tell you how wrong you are. @Iron Keys hates it, but @crog85 tears that shit up, go ahead and look at his wins, it isn't because he isn't noticed. Of course he samples his ass off as well in his beats. I don't know if I would call his shit southern, but yeah, he smashes shit.

This battle had the option for acapellas and people did just that. I am all over the board with what I make... I am down for whatever makes my ears happy. Hard Rock, Boombap, Metal, Trap, Country Trap - Rap, R&B (Fuck I won a Battle when R&B was the theme), a good beat is a good beat! But, just cause ya didn't win... Trust me, your beat was dope. Dont take it personal here, I learned quick, the votes are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Do you, your shit hit man. Nice bass, good melody, nice tape stops... it was good.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I can not tell you how wrong you are. @Iron Keys hates it, but @crog85 tears that shit up, go ahead and look at his wins, it isn't because he isn't noticed. Of course he samples his ass off as well in his beats. I don't know if I would call his shit southern, but yeah, he smashes shit.
True, True… lol.

My theory on “trap” music and its popularity is this… are the melodies usually simple, yep, and repetitive too… but the majority of people who consume music dont understand music like those who create it. Its easier for the listener to hear and vibe with something simple and catchy with a lot of rhythm, instead of intently listening to chord changes and all the little nuance things that we hear in a piece of music. Its like jazz… the musicianship is top notch and the melodies and chords are complex, but not everyone can listen to jazz, bc u actually have to listen to it to appreciate it.

This vid isnt about hiphop but you could apply the same thought process… just my 2 cents

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
My theory on “trap” music and its popularity is this… are the melodies usually simple, yep, and repetitive too… but the majority of people who consume music dont understand music like those who create it.
well kinda this. but also they just copycats

they all wanna wear the same 1 jordan shoe or same 1 hype clothing. so they just listen to the same one beat, with the rappers sayign the same 1 thing over it.

it's why they all wanna look like they have hiv and pretend to not be 'civilians' and want to have 'ops'. it's just dumb dumb dumb af kids.

originality and individuality is gone.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
well kinda this. but also they just copycats

they all wanna wear the same 1 jordan shoe or same 1 hype clothing. so they just listen to the same one beat, with the rappers sayign the same 1 thing over it.

it's why they all wanna look like they have hiv and pretend to not be 'civilians' and want to have 'ops'. it's just dumb dumb dumb af kids.

originality and individuality is gone.

I disagree. Trap also involves sampling like boombap, g-funk, drill, nerdcore and what not. Within the boundaries of it being trap you can be as creative as you like.

However the thing you mentioned, listening to the same shit over and over is because the majority of bedroom producers use the same loops, or working with the same couple of sounds from a certain vsti because they're afraid to twist the knobs on it. And as @crog85 mentioned, most people don't like listening to complicated music because they just don't understand it.

Trap is way more than just loops, horns, 808's and bells...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I disagree. Trap also involves sampling like boombap, g-funk, drill, nerdcore and what not. Within the boundaries of it being trap you can be as creative as you like.

However the thing you mentioned, listening to the same shit over and over is because the majority of bedroom producers use the same loops, or working with the same couple of sounds from a certain vsti because they're afraid to twist the knobs on it. And as @crog85 mentioned, most people don't like listening to complicated music because they just don't understand it.

Trap is way more than just loops, horns, 808's and bells...
It should be, but it isn't.

It isn't on the radio from the main artists, it isn't here, and it isn't anywhere else.

No one's shown me any different either when making these arguments.

V47KO

Battle Points: 1

It isn't on the radio from the main artists, it isn't here, and it isn't anywhere else.

I dabble in sampled trap at times, I've seen dreamville make sampled trap but i get that it all sounds the same.
I am not a hater of trap but i do not like all those popular, so called mumble, rap since there they all use very generic trap beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.