Eminem' Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Yo, I just read this whole thing, which I probably should have before even vaguely commenting that I might not "feel" Eminem in my other post. Then I would have realized how many people were gonna jump all over my shit because they are so defensive about someone who doesn't like him. You know, people got different opinions. Just cuz I said I don't really like him, does not equate to me saying he was "wack." And why are you all so in love with him that it is such a big problem if everyone doesn't love him? That is the kind of sheep mentality that makes him sell so many records in the first place. I just think he is mediocre, you all go on loving him, and I'll go on not loving him. "To each their own."

P.S.- Flame me if you must but you will just be proving my point...

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Eminem's Production is not all what alot of people I know like him is cooped up to be. Now just reading that someone read that he jacked the renegade beat from dude, made it worst, and that's why you can't trust nobody, cause not everybody is original. Now lyrical he's good, he has a way with words, but I still wouldn't put him at the top cause to me he still hasn't made a song that'll have me wanting to repeat any of his whole verse over and over. Remember these are opinions, but that shit he got out now with D12, wtf, I like the concept and they was jammin', but to come out a second time from some ol' bullish last time, naaahhh, don't cut it with me. I'm just waitin' on Dre's Detox LP, now that's the Aftermath of the whole ordeal, yoll be on the look out....

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I cant really hate on Em's beatmaking skills, cause he aight. If you listen to his tracks, a lot of them sound the same as far as his instruments and the patterns. I get my props though, even though he should leave samplin to other producers after that "dying to live" beat..i didnt like the mix with the sample he used...Also remember the producer he's been in the studio with over the years (Dre), so you know that he's picked up a thing or two.
Tony in Queens

Peep my beats in the artist section

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
johnbeans said:
I'm just waitin' on Dre's Detox LP, now that's the Aftermath of the whole ordeal, yoll be on the look out....

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news to ya, but Dre decided not to make Detox, but instead focus on his new up and comers like Game and the Busta album. That sucks, I'm hella disappointed.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I won't be all neg, or pos, I'm kinda in the middle here... Em has talent and his lyrics twist a certain way that every suburban kid that hears it runs out and buys the cd.... he liked the first one and bought the next, the next, etc until pretty soon we have a cd of his one even the kids girlfriends' stereo and eminem reaches multiplatinum status, most likely because he was found by dre.

We all know that in the industry, it's not so much about talent now, it's about who you know.

Some songs are felt more than others, lately (to me) he's lettin the money get to him. Seems like he's tryin to kick more political stuff, or the "funny" stuff like the new shit with D12. That's cheezy.

I wouldn't say that I hate eminem because he sounds like a huge nose, and I sure as hell am not going to love his shit just because his numbers are big... I'm just in the grey on this one.

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
You heard of hell well I was sent from it
I went to it's surface and sentenced for murdering instruments
Now I'm trying to repent from it
But when I hear the beat I'm tempted to make another attempt at it, I'm Infinite

eminem hasnt had quotable lyrics for a long time, im not gonna be afraid to hate on him, cuz hes now a whitty punchline mc for 15 year old girls

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
erkl said:
eminem hasnt had quotable lyrics for a long time, im not gonna be afraid to hate on him, cuz hes now a whitty punchline mc for 15 year old girls

In a recent freestyle he said "Forget about Bush/ Bush is pussy/ Why do you think his name's Bush/ Puss is bushy." If that's not quotable, what is.

D

drredeye2k4

em is dope but he is no producer he can tell someone what he wants in a beat and they make it real...he aint been on no damn machines bangin out shit

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
O-A-K: I heard he's postponin it to, but I still can't wait, he said he wants it to be a classic like his other 2, and doggystyle r, so I can wait for dat deah, u feel me playa,

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Ok, first of all to O-A-K-SAVAGE....If Dre decided to push Bubba Sparxxx, we WOULD NOT be talkin about him lol. I think we all need to give Eminem some credit. Lyrically, he is insane, and probably one of the best rappers out there.

Ok now all you backpackers are gonna give me some BS about Talib is better and Common and all that. Don't get me wrong, I love Talib and all those conscious guys, but Eminem's flow/lyrics/style and everything is on another level, it's just not political like the Dead Prez's and Talibs etc. Creatively though, he is a genius. How many other rappers can win not only Grammy's, but an Oscar?? And believe me, the Academy would not give Eminem an award because of politics in the industry. Shit, they don't even recognize well respected actors in comedic roles, why would they recognize mr controversy?? He won the award because he earned it. Neways, back to the topic....

In regards to his beats, I think a bunch of them are hot. He keep it simple, that's his thing, BUT, when I listen to his tracks, I can feel the emotion in the song. A lot of you guys are digging way too deep into the music. Sometimes you just gotta sit back, and listen, and not pick every piece of his production apart. Personally the tracks listed below are some of my favorite tracks to listen to. If I'm pissed off, I throw these joints on and I can just chill. I don't put them on so I can critique them and break them down note for note.

Jay-Z feat. Eminem - Renegade
Jay-Z - Moment Of Clarity
Tupac feat. Biggie - Running (Dying to Live)
Obie Trice - Don't Come Down
Obie Trice - Love Me

A track doesn't need to be real complicated to be hot. Sometimes all you need is 3 layers. 1 good sample, 1 bass line, and 1 drum beat. He might have people behind him helpin him on the way, but so doesn everyone on this board. You guys cannot tell me that when you make a beat, you don't play it for your friends and ask for opinions. If they say somethin is real wack I'm sure you're gonna listen to it over and change it up. Well in a sence Em doesnt he same thing, only his friend just happens to be Dr. Dre.

ALSO, TO JAY-DUB. Since when do black people own hip hop?? Hip hop is a culture, for eveyone. Not just blacks. What you said is the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long time. Eminem isn't stealing anything. You don't respect Eminem because he's white?? That's like me saying I don't respect Dead Prez cuz they all about black power and all that. Creatively as artists they're great. I can't really relate to them, but I can respect their works as artists. Actually a better example would be Nelson Mandella. He is ont of the most well respected men alive. Do you htink I would ever be ignorant enough to not have respect for a man like that, just because he's black?? ALSO, If Eminem is stealing your so-called black culture, then wouldnt black rappers/producers be stealing white culture when they sample The Beatles, or other white groups?

And btw, BLACK is not a race. WHITE, is not a race. BROWN, is not a race. Those are colors. We all belong to one race, the human race. We are all humans, we all have our faults, we all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. U really should stop hating, and get on with your life.

Sorry for gettin so heated everyone. If I've insulted anyone, my apologies. Now I'm sure a bunch of people are gonna disagree wtih what I've said, but disagree respectively.

Oh and also, in regards to Detox. Everyone here is hating on the fact that aritsts get help with productions/lyrics etc. Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say almost everyone here loves Dr. Dre and respects him. Well almost all of his lyrics on his records are ghostwritten. I know Royce Da 5'9" wrote some. I know Snoop wrote some, and I'm sure many other rappers have helped him along the way, yet he still get 5 mics and all this praise in the hip hop community. Don't get me wrong, I love Dre, but I don't see how anyone can possibly hate on Em for getting some help with his production, which by the way, Dre has help on too!!

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I feel that... It's not that I would ever hate on eminem publicly, he has talent, I never dispute that, and that's good I hear you about the human race, my motto has always been humanside...

You are right about dre, I'm just divided on eminem... sometimes I'll hear his shit and be luvn it, but other times, I'll see him in a video and think "what a dumb ass" it all depends, and lots of these fools are just jealous of him... not me, I'll maybe make my claim to fame in the same way... I got too much to say anyhow lol

I figure that I don't know him personally and all opinions aside he has made it where others have not (look at beastie boys, or ICP even) but that's because he uses shock factor and talks about celebrities... like that bit about him fuccn mariah lol

neways, I think eminem has decent production values and since he has branched off on his own, he's doing pretty good, considering that him n dre spent so much time in the lab and then one day he started on his own. This is what the topics about.

On the real though, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.... and he has pretty much become a pop star... but that's just my opinion. Who else (in these forums) would sell their soul to the record company and public spotlight for a few mill in cheez?

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
eminem is a very commercial artist, but he stays commerical while still keepin it "real"

If you notice on any Eminem album, or D-12 etc, He comes out with a joke song as the first single, to sell the records. Then the content is hiddin in the rest of the album.

Slim Shady LP - My Name Is
Marshall Mathers LP - The Real Slim Shady
1st D12 record - Purple Pills
Eminem Show - Without Me
D12 World - My Band

As I said, Eminem is a creative genius. He puts these singles out to sell records. If you listen to most of the rest of the stuff on his records, it's full of content. Hailey's Song, The Way I Am, Sing For The Moment etc.

Just cuz he can act a fool, doesn't mean he is one. He is creatively one of the best in the game. Bottom line.

H

Holla

eminem.....yeah he's smart for drawing people in the get his records that way. My thing is, im not a fan of his production simply because most of his beats sound identical to each other. i think i like maybe 2 tracks he did, and one of them im not even sure if he did it. i think he did "patiently waiting" for 50 cent, and "dying to live" to biggie and 2pac. i did liked those 2 tracks, but none and absolutely none of the other tracks he did, i wasnt feelin them. lyrically he's nice of course.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
dudes beats are boring. plain and simple... they are plain, plain, PLAIN. "my band" is a corny beat, but at least its catchy. i guarantee you, he isnt any better than your AVERAGE bedroom, online beatmaker. people go to him for the name affiliation. if he were on this site, and I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, we would be giving him hella feedback like "your beats all sound too similar. its ok, keep up the progress...." and he would have a difficult time trying to get his beats out to the same artists as a producer. guaranteed. no one would be trying to work with him.

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
what about renegade?? That's one of my favorite joints of all time...lol

he didnt make that, he jacked it from a detroit producer. there was an article on it a while a go. the rest of his beats sound the same and i dont understand how since hes not bangin on keys or pads, all hes sayin is i want this i want that and a real musician plays what he thinks em is telling him until em says yeah thats it. i cant front, hes a nasty lyricist but if his name wasnt eminem, those tracks he so called produced would be on someones demo out in an amish town or something. to the remark about you dont have to play your own instruments to be a producer..i agree. but this is hip hop, you aint in no band, if you cant program some decent drums at least (which eminem cant) you aint a producer in my eyes.
final thought i cant believe mtv put eminem on like number 2 or 3 on their top 22 mcs of all time. before nas???? what???? he dropped like in 91 and is still going. em in nice but they just be putting ish on his lap and kissing his ass.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Actually, I listened to a few of his better "not radio played" cuts and the producing is above the average cat... He uses real instruments, which is more than I can say for most people who produce. Tru, some of his shit uses the default keyboard samples, and some songs are pretty shitty for production value, but he still flows good, and he still pulls new shit out of his ass... think of how many songs he made already! in that short of a time? man... He has worked at what he does

He doesn't understand mastering I think tho, the latest shit that he's made is distorted and clippin on my shit... BUT he still kicks the flow.

Sometimes, you can hear him flowing while he's amped up an coke, when his words kinda flow together like a numb man :eek:

but when he's on point, and just amped on oxygen, he flows pretty damn good.

Look, I don't understand why you peeps have 6 pages of posts talkin bout eminem... do a forum search for eminem... You know what? you all love his ass, even you who say you hate him... it's hard to love someone who took your place I spose....

I was jealous for awhile, cuz I'm a light skinned human who was aspiring to become big since I was young and he did it first and blew all the way up before I could really get where I'm goin... I didn't call the shit jealousy tho, I called it "he's a biotch". As I progress in my time on earth, I get better at shit... like not being a hater. hating just chews you up inside kids, stop hating and embrace the nasally challenged white guy who (at the moment) has sold more records than elvis.

so, no matter what he does or doesn't do, why doesn't everybody just hop off his jock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online