how many hours in the lab?

How many hours per week are you grinding?

• Total voters

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
that being said my problem is not the music.. its the networking ... im not "out there" enough..... real talk even with the little time i have i really could put alot more into the networking/publicity side of things.

This is some wisdom right there. You could spend 100 hours a week in the lab and have 3000 dope tracks, however if you aren't networking/promoting/marketing, your shit will fall on deaf ears.

I've been on a hiatus from beatmaking, only putting in about two hours a week so far this year. I have been working on some promotions and marketing (music business, not "hours in the lab"), but I'm also just damn tired after kililng myself for 18 months working on an album while juggling wife and two small kids + day job. Additionally, the last few months I haven't really heard anything that hot that's inspired me to make some beats, I've kind of had the blahs.

I plan to set up some templates on my gear so I can turn it on and play, right now it takes me five or ten minutes just to set up, by that time the urge is usually gone. I'm hoping to get back into a routine of making and finishing songs soon.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
at least 4 hours a day

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I usually put like 2-3 hours each day Mon-Fri..

The weekends, about 5-6 per day

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I have an internet computer and a music computer. I almost never turn the music computer on. So first I need to boot it up, then boot the DAW, so yeah, it's like five minutes to get started. Need to fix that...

For you to have a seperate computer dedicated to such tasks, it seems that it should be loading up before you even request it.. I'm on a laptop connected via LAN all day with no problems.

How much ram you running?

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
For you to have a seperate computer dedicated to such tasks, it seems that it should be loading up before you even request it.. I'm on a laptop connected via LAN all day with no problems.

How much ram you running?

I have an HP desktop with a 2.2ghz dual core with 2 gigs of ram. IT's a decent motherboard, I can go up to a quad core and up to 8gigs of ram. It can also be upgraded to Vista, however I hear horrible things about Vista.

Here's the problem - it's a media center. I got it for half price about 18 months ago. It's made to hook up to a tv and work as a Tivo box. The OS is XP Media Center edition instead of regular XP, I think this is part of the long load time.

I have been meaning to get a copy of regular XP to install over top of it, just haven't gotten around to it. I also need to take a lot of the files off of my internet computer, organize them, and put them on an external and migrate to the HP.

Problem is I never feel like doing that. I'll need to buckle down and do it at some point...

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
ive had 3 or 4 so studios, but now i move so much. i would say i put in usually 23 hours a day in the lab. my new lab is in my head, and im constantly building. then i get it done.
lol

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I use to spend a lot of time in the studio and other studios around 30+ a week hardly any sleep.
These days I have a lot of projects that don't require me to put in many hours (ringtones, jingles etc)

So i'd say im in the studio 10 hours a week maybe a little more.

R

Rash Boogie

well I cant really say that im in the studio making music a lot, but when im not making music or working, I pretty much spend my time reading up on production magazines or anything business related...but if its not work, its music related

members online