I have the new Reason beta &

• beat this! voting starts in...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Didnt FL have to remove that feature? At any rate, here you go. But for real, I am out. We are arguing over tools and we all make dope music. I love FL, Ableton, Pro tools, Maschine but MY weapon of choice is Reason. It just works best with my brain. But watch this video and be amazed!

and here is another

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
9th wonder does not use FL any more he uses and MPC2500 and Pro tools, Kanye uses and MPC2000, Rick Ross MPC

I didn't say "Kanye" uses it....I said his HIT song H.A.M was produced with FL "BY LEX LUGER"
Rick Ross's "9 Piece" produced by Lex Luger with FL and here's the muthafukken proof! After u watch this GO KILL YOURSELF....

9th talking about using FL, In this interview, Producer 9th Wonder talks about Fruity Loops, and he makes some the dopest beats in the industry.
http://youtu.be/O3djx45kKvc

Lex Luger H.A.M beat
http://youtu.be/9jPeSAEJUcA

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
reason is ILL....best for electronic dance genres...which is why i use it....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
ah hahahaaha, You fell for it again, you've posted that garbage video before (remember?) those scratches are BOO-TEE! And NO, FL hasn't removed it, in fact it's even doper combined with the new features of FL...lol.

:fail:

FL wins - No contest!

Nahhh but seriously, I agree with Haze, electronic dance and other genres that use synths seem to be Reasons strong point, even your "CV" point supports that.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
@LDB how about you look for a video of 9th wonder that isnt three years old

Why are we discussing this? I am not knocking any program. Fl is dope, but anything with a sampler can sound however you want. so FL/Reason/Ableton doesnt have a sound.

@dac, those other Reason videos prove that it can do scratching just as well as fl.

Artist that use Reason
Printz Board (black eyed peas)
Hank Shocklee
Beastie boys (there last two albums are 100% Reason)
DJ Khalil
DJ Babu
Arabian Prince
DJ Toomp

I can go on, but you hear Reason all over the radio.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
if you call that "just as well" then you need to do some more research on scratching...lol.

We're discussing this because of your praise to Reason and we wanted to know why you regard them so highly...if Reason is as dope as you say it is then I and everybody else, need to know whats makes Reason the "Grail". You haven't giving us anything solid, the best you've come up with is it's ability to do something that musicians did back in the 80's with synths, and you'll be the first one screaming "thats old technology"...lol. We all agree that Reason is good and we all know that saying "it's whatevers best for the producer" is a cop out. So maybe instead of giving us the impression that Reason is the greatest thing since sex, just say something like..."dac is my hero"...hahaha!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
For ME Reason is the best program for how I work. But I don't think there is a one size fits all program that is. Ableton is trying really hard, and they have had some bumps in the last few years. But for MY brain, reason is fast. It forces you to think about creating your own sounds in a way that no other program does. And DAC as you know it was my job to know EVERY DAW inside and out, so I think I have a better grasp than most about what is out there. I think the confusion is that the OP dissed a program that actually had not tried yet (he didnt know this but he downloaded the wrong beta) He is complaining about a feature being removed from Reason that has not been removed because he his using the LIGHT version, not the full blown Reason and that frustrates me. I see you get frustrated when someone disses FL about something it cant do when you know very well it can.

In fact I get frustrated when anyone uses a peace of gear for all of 5 minutes and then says, "This is wack" You cant figure that out in 5 minutes.

The other thing is that the music industry is TINY and many of these companies have like 2-3 employees, I have literally seen and ignorant forum poster hurt the finances of a company that is simply trying to build a good product. So maybe I am extra sensitive to it. We really need to encourage these companies to be involved in out culture. This is one of the reasons I am such a supporter of Maschine. Just think if native instruments gets trashed from the hip-hop community no one will make another product for the hip-hop market for years.

oh and Dac, your my hero!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
LMMFAO! I used to get heated when someone talked ish about FL but no longer...I've come to the conclusion that all of them are personal prefs! Sometimes I wonder what production would be without any programs like FL, Reason, Ableton, ProTools and so on... I think we'd be in a world of hurt! So props to all of them...

and... I'm everyones hero, I'm gonna save the world! hahahaha

ill o.g.
Got damn y'all....STFU and make music on whatever you practice on. It's the practice that makes the perfection. I ain't perfect neither. You can sound like shit on the best equip and sound like the best on the worse.....just do your best and make it.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Got damn y'all....STFU and make music on whatever you practice on. It's the practice that makes the perfection. I ain't perfect neither. You can sound like shit on the best equip and sound like the best on the worse.....just do your best and make it.

hahah! You dont post too often but I like you lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Fuck yall....fuck Reason and FL Studio

MASCHINE BITCH...MASCHINE!!

GOOGLE THAT SHIT!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.