I'M LOSING MY EARS

I'm losing it all really. I can't enjoy shit! man, I remember it was just a year ago when I first heard big jet plane. I'd just turn off all the lights, put my 2 kg headphone on my head like it's nothing and just vibe. Everything would cease existing, it felt like Fucking Orgasms, except better. I wouldn't know but I still know. just a year before that, the scott pilgrim movie did that to me; I'd listen to so much rock n indie shit after that movie, you wouldn't believe. the "Moody" "Vibey" Guitars with shittons of reverb on them just took me to some other universe. that was All I wanted from music. to take me somewhere.

That was my relationship with music always. Billie's music did that to me before that, so did Kanye's and... Hell, even singular songs like it was a good day or Locked out of Heaven or...

now it's just fucking dull. I can't vibe to anything. sure, some songs are "Good", objectively, but nothing takes me anywhere anymore. it feels as if I'm way too... conscious of the details or anxious or... to enjoy anything. I'd still enjoy a movie, but not like before either. I remember the first time I watched fight club I was affected by it for like a month, and all my beats/songs were inspired by it for a long, Long while. now I just force myself to finish movies because I can't not, yk, and then it's over. MY LIFE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WITHOUT "VIBES". HALPPPPP

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
holy shit what's that
Animation Energy GIF by Phazed

But trust me you're not the only one... When I feel like this is going to happen, I tend to take a couple of weeks off from making and listening to music.

Here's a subreddit about it:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Maybe consider it like... music (/whatever) is helping you work through vibes/thoughts, just like a therapy session helps you process traumas or problems. Maybe music has tended to what you needed tending to at the time. So you're no longer really needing to have music resonate with those same things, as they're already worked out.

But there will be music. Some music, that it'll just catch you. It can be tough, 'cause you don't know what it'll be until you hear it. It's hard to 'try look for it', but just be open to it.

For me at the moment, random songs are coming to head, and I have to go listen to them to work them out of my system.

Also, maybe you need that space... to create a void; maybe your head is too full of music ---
I used to wear my headphones everyyywhereee I was alwaysss listening to music, at home on my stereo, on my journeys, gym, making it, wherever. Non stop. When I was at music college, I just had this feeling once on my journey, I did not want to feel 'trapped in', I had too much music in my head. It was a that moment I felt the need to stop wearing headphones on my journey --- I instead opted to listen to the sound of 'life' going on around me. Sound of traffic, birds, strangers, whatever. I suddenly felt like I was in this massive 3D space, sonically, it felt different. Like an observer of the world, but experiencing it through sound. Seeing the world, but the images were built up by sound.

I needed to create that void, so that I had space for the feeling of music to flow in, so I could feel that there was something I wanted --- can't so much feel that if you're OD'd on music pummelling it in your ears non stop. This also had relevance creatively too as I was feeling hard to have my own inspiration as I'd end up just making what I was listening to.

You'll be ok.

Maybe consider it like... music (/whatever) is helping you work through vibes/thoughts, just like a therapy session helps you process traumas or problems. Maybe music has tended to what you needed tending to at the time. So you're no longer really needing to have music resonate with those same things, as they're already worked out.

But there will be music. Some music, that it'll just catch you. It can be tough, 'cause you don't know what it'll be until you hear it. It's hard to 'try look for it', but just be open to it.
ngl I do be way more into 50 cent gang gang ego shit than back then with the gay shit. ig it's just the new stage of puberty lmfao.

but all n all with ur input and @TWU 's a break seems to be reasonable; it most likely is a burnout. it's a bit impossible rn tho cuz I have like 63 projects at hand, but after that, hopefully.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
but all n all with ur input and @TWU 's a break seems to be reasonable; it most likely is a burnout. it's a bit impossible rn tho cuz I have like 63 projects at hand, but after that, hopefully.
breaks don't have to be absolute. Sometimes necessary. But sometimes more it's just 'cutting back'. Just creating enough of a void. A balance.

What are your projects? Mostly engineering?

Just find breaktimes to sit somewhere peaceful-ish vibes and just listen to the world, sit, don't think.

Hmmm Good idea, I'm not sure if it'll work for me like that tho. I'm sort of a 100 or 0 mf.
What are your projects? Mostly engineering?
yeep. 7 mixing projects and 4 production ones rn, I think. altho 3 of the production ones are practically done, just gotta finish them and adjust them to the artists wishes and... yk.

Just find breaktimes to sit somewhere peaceful-ish vibes and just listen to the world, sit, don't think.
Ugh fuck don't I miss doing that. I'd just get anxious and start wanting to do something. the last time I Swore I wouldn't Do anything for 20 minutes, in those minutes so many thoughts of shit I should get done hit my head that I wrote like at least 20 things in my notebook. I'd just put the pen down and pick it back up in like 50 seconds. I think I figured my entire life out in those 20 minutes. wait lemme check if I got any of that actually done rq.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I'm losing it all really. I can't enjoy shit! man, I remember it was just a year ago when I first heard big jet plane. I'd just turn off all the lights, put my 2 kg headphone on my head like it's nothing and just vibe. Everything would cease existing, it felt like Fucking Orgasms, except better. I wouldn't know but I still know. just a year before that, the scott pilgrim movie did that to me; I'd listen to so much rock n indie shit after that movie, you wouldn't believe. the "Moody" "Vibey" Guitars with shittons of reverb on them just took me to some other universe. that was All I wanted from music. to take me somewhere.

That was my relationship with music always. Billie's music did that to me before that, so did Kanye's and... Hell, even singular songs like it was a good day or Locked out of Heaven or...

now it's just fucking dull. I can't vibe to anything. sure, some songs are "Good", objectively, but nothing takes me anywhere anymore. it feels as if I'm way too... conscious of the details or anxious or... to enjoy anything. I'd still enjoy a movie, but not like before either. I remember the first time I watched fight club I was affected by it for like a month, and all my beats/songs were inspired by it for a long, Long while. now I just force myself to finish movies because I can't not, yk, and then it's over. MY LIFE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WITHOUT "VIBES". HALPPPPP
Welcome in digital era, your brain is overflooded with information that its trained to get input and throw it out ASAP.

You think too much, then overthink too much and so on. You need to let your mind rest and work on the body instead to get the balance back. No computer, no youtube, no tv, no smartphone, just jogging, push ups and so on. Do that for 2 weeks and you ll enjoy life again. Or dont listen, become depressive, get poor and die cryin. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Armani I thought you meant you were losing your hearing lol.

Yeah it's not just burnout, or music burnout, it's just how things are today because of the internet. I've said this numerous times - the internet is an amazing invention but we use it for stupid unnecessary things (IllMuzik is necessary though). Sometimes I get bored with listening to music, watching movies, tv, etc. and I find the best thing is to turn it all off AND go outside. Even just going for a walk, and don't even think about anything.

You might want to sit somewhere and think about life or your future or whatever, but I suggest you just turn your brain off and go outside for a few hours. Once you come back home maybe then you'll want to make beats or watch a movie.

One of the issues is that a lot of us are online all day every day. But let's say you had a manual labor job like a garbage man (that's the first thing I thought of because it's you), then your brain is not being triggered like it is if you were working all day in an office on a computer. So when you finish slanging garbage all day, you'll be glad to sit down and make a beat or watch TV.

The bottom line is our brains were not wired to be in front of a screen all day absorbing constant information. Turn it off once in a while.

members online