I'M LOSING MY EARS

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Some really good points in here. I agree with @DPrezd Beggar that working out every day makes a big difference, just like I mentioned going outside for a walk, touching grass, anything other than sitting in front of a computer.

For me I think that's why the last job I had in an office I freaked out and couldn't handle it. I had so much anxiety and didn't even realize it. For some people they can't sit in an office all day surrounded by office drama. I had many office jobs over the years but that last one I couldn't do it anymore, I was done. Sitting in front of a computer at home is much more comfortable and there's no stress, but it can quickly become monotonous, boring, routine, etc.

I would suggest you look for some work right now that's physical and has nothing to do with computers. Even just part time. Something where you don't need think too much.

Some really good points in here. I agree with @DPrezd Beggar that working out every day makes a big difference, just like I mentioned going outside for a walk, touching grass, anything other than sitting in front of a computer.

For me I think that's why the last job I had in an office I freaked out and couldn't handle it. I had so much anxiety and didn't even realize it. For some people they can't sit in an office all day surrounded by office drama. I had many office jobs over the years but that last one I couldn't do it anymore, I was done. Sitting in front of a computer at home is much more comfortable and there's no stress, but it can quickly become monotonous, boring, routine, etc.

I would suggest you look for some work right now that's physical and has nothing to do with computers. Even just part time. Something where you don't need think too much.
The best way to deal with a mind that wanders is to keep it busy. Thats what I do. Im always thinking, I never stop thinking, my mind is always active, I go from hobby to hobby to keep my mind busy, I hate boredom, when Im bored I just think of all the other things I could be doing and just want to do those things. I hate listening to people make music because it just makes me want to make music. I think Im coming to terms with the fact that I may have autistic traits. I certainly have internet induced ADHD, my attention span has never been worse. Right now Im going day to day keeping myself occupied and not being bored until I find out what the fuck is going on with my shoulder. Hence Ive gotten back into web design just in case I cant carry sofas anymore.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The internet is truly amazing but no one ever imagined it would become this monster we have today. It's great we can buy whatever we want from the comfort of our own home but that's what's made us lazy, unproductive, and short on attention.

Like music for example - I can go on various sites right now and pull up whatever song/album and start listening. That's great but it devalues the music and I don't cherish it like when I had to go to the store to buy that album or single. So just the act of going to the store made us more active, and we were never really bored.

Just the other day I was talking to someone about this and I remembered all the times I'd spend my day off digging, buying magazines (both took hours), then on the way home I'd stop and rent a movie. Hours gone just like that, and the whole time I was active, so when I finally got home it was nice to sit down and watch a movie or listen to some new music.

But since everything is at our fingertips today, it's TOO easy to get bored. Hell, I find the internet in general right now is boring. All the sites just have the same shit. Clickbait, ads, articles that are just fluff pieces, etc. This is why people today have more depression, anxiety, ADHD, and whatever else. I mean, I like the fact that you guys visit ILL every day but I'll still be the first to tell you guys to go outside!

Anyway, @Armani listen to your elders, we're here for you.

Baby Boomers Dancing GIF

i dont know man, having news that does nothing but lie along with politicians that do nothing but lie, educators that do nothing but lie. Its a pretty depressing state of affairs for kids growing up, the scariest part is they think its normal, because its all they have ever known. We are seeing the results of letting the state raise our children play out in real time right before our eyes. The corruption has never been so blatant and in your face as right now, not here in the UK anyway. Every thing has become politicized, the separations of power no longer exist, the fourth estate no longer does its job. Free speech is dead, reason is dead, science is dead. What is there to live for for kids brought up to hate themselves and the country that they never chose to be born into.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
i dont know man, having news that does nothing but lie along with politicians that do nothing but lie, educators that do nothing but lie. Its a pretty depressing state of affairs for kids growing up, the scariest part is they think its normal, because its all they have ever known. We are seeing the results of letting the state raise our children play out in real time right before our eyes. The corruption has never been so blatant and in your face as right now, not here in the UK anyway. Every thing has become politicized, the separations of power no longer exist, the fourth estate no longer does its job. Free speech is dead, reason is dead, science is dead. What is there to live for for kids brought up to hate themselves and the country that they never chose to be born into.
This is why Fight Club was such a great movie. This scene:

This is why Fight Club was such a great movie. This scene:

explains the modern world so well, we have it so well now that we invent problems that dont exist to "make our mark" in the world, for us our way of "making our mark" is by making music that can hopefully outlive ourselves and be enjoyed long after we are gone, for others its being civil rights activists for rights we already have, so ultimately dismantle what we have already achieved by inventing new problems that dont nor have ever existed. We are currently taking womens right back decades by allowing men pretending to be women compete against women or be put in prisons with them, or allowing men pretending to be women into womens only spaces like rape and abuse refuges. We have an absolute fruit cake with the nuclear codes to the most powerful arsenal on earth, a senile old man who doesnt know what day it is in charge of the owner of that arsenal.
I look at the news and I want to kill myself, I cant take it any more, when will the madness end. I can fully understand why people are depressed.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I hate listening to people make music because it just makes me want to make music.
this.

I got into a new style, and found one of my favorite producers of that style doing beatmaking streams. But... I really cba to watch something try match a kickdrum sample for 50minutes. respect to it but. in quicker shorter videos I'm doing. but yeah.
Lot of the time it's ... two 1 hour videos, vs... 2 hours of beatmaking time.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Like music for example - I can go on various sites right now and pull up whatever song/album and start listening. That's great but it devalues the music and I don't cherish it like when I had to go to the store to buy that album or single.
This is exactly what I'm talking about recently in some thread somewhere where I said "I feel like I'm robbing the artist by just streaming it". Lloyd Banks album out now... I was like NICE. Then just go YouTube and watch it. Job done. Load up Spotify, job done.

Streaming platforms probably should have worked more like radio, where you have to 'pay to unlock' albums so that you can listen/download at will. But then have a variety of genre/theme/mood inspired radio or playlists. That would have kept the monetisation decent.

Me personally, why am I going to pay to download MP3? You don't need it... load up Spotify wherever you are.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Music @Fade is devalued because it is being experienced by the current generations (Y & Z) without the context our generation had for music e.g. physical record stores, music video shows, local scenes (if anyone here lived in places that had some).

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I’d @Fade leave my office job if I could, wish I was retired. I couldn’t even tell you what the most to least sought after occupations in my city/state are.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Fade Internet is boring ‘cause it’s all corporatized.

members online