Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3

And what rapper nowadays dont???? Just because you can freestyle a whole album dont meen your nice and really IMO he and the rest of these "I dont write rhymes so called emcees" NEED to sit down and write some material that actually make some DAMN sense. what really make this album different from all the mainsteam and some underground BULLSHIT thats already out? What makes this a "classic" album other than the production? Because I heard about 80% of the album played on the radio a few nights ago and from what I heard, lyrically it's straight bullshit mean no disrespect but its staight gar boge.

I remember a time when it was an mc's ability to rhyme of the top of the dome, and rip shit up freestyle is what seperated the mc's from the wannabees. It was the wannabees that didnt make much sense.
I remember hearing Pharoahe, Biggy, Redman, Eminem, Supernatural, Canibus, Madskillz, Punchlines and Wordsworth freestyling it up. Thats was some real shit, what they said actually made sense..

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I would listen but I can't stand Lil Wayne. I don't get it. I don't like how he raps, how is voice sounds or anything. I am not a fan. I just can do it. I can't and you can't make me. LOL! Just trippin....seriously....Lil Wayne sucks ass. LOL!

quoted for truth

i listen to little wayne for the same reasons i listen to weird al

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
And what rapper nowadays dont???? Just because you can freestyle a whole album dont meen your nice and really IMO he and the rest of these "I dont write rhymes so called emcees" NEED to sit down and write some material that actually make some DAMN sense. what really make this album different from all the mainsteam and some underground BULLSHIT thats already out? What makes this a "classic" album other than the production? Because I heard about 80% of the album played on the radio a few nights ago and from what I heard, lyrically it's straight bullshit mean no disrespect but its staight gar boge.

i feel you..he rhymes about bullshyt..but why does everybody gotta come at other ppl just cuz there not on the weezy bandwagon its ridiculous

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
(Pardon me as I pull out the soapbox) but really, what exactly do cats mean "nowadays" when they say an emcees is Hot! cause from my stand point an emcee can ROCK the crowd, put rhymes together that make sense not that cat hat rap tap bullshit, rock a live show i.e ever been to a krs one show?dosnt have to constantly state "I'm the best rapper alive" and really dosnt care about "swag" If it means I can sell more ye' than the next cat or I got an arsenal of more guns than than talibanian terrorist or i can sex the next chick better than a mr marcus flick than my friend thats that wack shit (no that wasnt ment to rhyme). but to eaches own like common said "if I dont like it i dont like it, that dont mean that i'm hatin".

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
(Pardon me as I pull out the soapbox) but really, what exactly do cats mean "nowadays" when they say an emcees is Hot! cause from my stand point an emcee can ROCK the crowd, put rhymes together that make sense not that cat hat rap tap bullshit, rock a live show i.e ever been to a krs one show?dosnt have to constantly state "I'm the best rapper alive" and really dosnt care about "swag" If it means I can sell more ye' than the next cat or I got an arsenal of more guns than than talibanian terrorist or i can sex the next chick better than a mr marcus flick than my friend thats that wack shit (no that wasnt ment to rhyme). but to eaches own like common said "if I dont like it i dont like it, that dont mean that i'm hatin".

its true and i agree fully...i knoe alot of cats our gonna respond wit bullshyt wit sayin ooooo its not about the old school and we need to move one and yea w.e..but an Emcee rocks the crowd and does make sense with real lyrics..but i think its not a hidden thing that hes not an Emcee..i think its known hes a rapper..at least i hope so cuz its pretty obvious dude rhymes about nonsense

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I'd rather watch paint dry. Sad thing is I think dude is talented...but he rap like he's got Baby's balls in his mouth.

"call me...so I can make it juicy for ya"......wtf

LOL I agree.

Man, I love wayne....no homo, I still listen to those Sqad up tapes, when Wayne really started spittin. I thought the Carter was great, and I felt the Carter 2 was classic, but the Carter 3 is a disappointment. Maybe its because I've heard about 3 of the songs on mixtapes, but either way, the album doesnt have a great flow to it, like the other Carters.

The album is an artistic disappointment. Bad flow, wordplay, etc. He has some points of brilliance. But it's commercial - and will...

... destroy any competition in this quarter - Universal runs this quarter. Uni will run the rest of the year too.

Why did Uni drop such a hyped album this quarter - why not Q4? Because a new Eminem is dropping in Q4.

Shit, they're minting money. Anyway - I have to applaud the PR cats/management that ran this hype machine, because they did a good job of raising expectations to an unprecedented level.

But Weezy didn't deliver (IMO) the "masterpiece" we thought he was going to deliver. I guess they did a good job of hustling the public to want something that they didn't even hear yet. It's disappointing but it's the business.

EDIT:

As far as cats saying he freestyled the album - it seems pretty obvious in some places. I remember Eminem saying in an interview that he would work on the rhyme to a song for weeks - if not a month. It showed - good flow, imagery, punches, wordplay, etc.

Weezy could have recorded a fart track and it woulda went platinum with all the hype this album had.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
It's hard for him to lose with those 2 tracks they are both very good joints instrumentally, I mean myself I am most definitely in no way feeling Lil Wayne, I think it was an accident that he gained the status that he has to date, there are so many rappers out here with much more artistic skill, swagger, content and ability that just didn't get the breaks, oh well but we all know that is pretty much how a lot of things in the industry happen, my younger sister that is now like 21 was bananas about him when he first came out I think a lot of the buzz came from the females to be honest btw she is born and raised in Miami and she has a bias to that sound even after moving up to DC a few years ago.

I do see shades of talent when he raps but then I hear him rapping on some records show absolutely no skill or ability to write consistent songs, and to be honest to date that sort of performance is more par for the course than something epic or classic, especially when making judgements based upon what I have heard from the records that I painfully brought myself to listen to, searching for what is it about this artist that have made the buzz about the world of hip hop.
Anyhow I predict these songs will be winners for him though, based on the overall dopeness of each of the cuts, it would be hard for any reasonable emcee to lose on these even using the emergency room concept which if I am not mistaken may have been used before, but that cut thats on the radio where he is using Rakim metaphors and lines is just total garbage.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax;235764there are so many rappers out here with much more artistic skill said:
Indeed Lupe is known but he shud be gettin the love that Weezy the man kisser is gettin..there is plenty of rappers wit more skill on the mixtape scene like Saigon and Papoose...if its really about the street style then these 2 gotta be way ahead of weezy aka the man kisser aka its not gay its gangsta!!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Indeed Lupe is known but he shud be gettin the love that Weezy the man kisser is gettin..there is plenty of rappers wit more skill on the mixtape scene like Saigon and Papoose...if its really about the street style then these 2 gotta be way ahead of weezy aka the man kisser aka its not gay its gangsta!!

I think a lot of his success has to do with Weezy being able to guest appear on a slew of hits last year. That raised his profile to an unprecedented level. Then, the record execs could use that "momentum" and leverage it into press coverage which turns into "hype."

From an artistic standpoint, it's sad to see Lupe starting to go this route - but if he wants bread, he might start selling out even more like the "Superstar" single. It's his decision. I think he could make a comfortable living catering to hiphopheads and selling 300-500k units rather than getting a song on Top 40 radio.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo had a few days to thourougly listen .. its a little below ok to me. I was suprised to see that i didnt really like the production on the album after so many responses saying it was so great. I dunno, i thought it was very similiar to "the leak" . i thought the album would be a significant step up from the leak but it was really very similiar, like a continuation of that. I'll give wayne this title tho, he is the G.O.A.T of guest feature rapping but thats about as close to any G.O.A.T status he deserves. i dunno maybe its just me, i was feelin the ryhmes more than the beats, and the rhymes i were very hot/cold/on/off. but in his defense, i wasnt felin the carter 2 or carter1 either sooo......... i guess ultimately im just not a wayne fan i guess. I tried to like it, but i just plain dont think its that good. I think the people who say they arent feelin it def have a legimate reason to do so.

Amillie is nuts though, that beat is so crazy... just makes u wanna start freestylin evrytime u hear it..

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
Yeah i really like the album, after some proper listening. The RnB beats are the ones which shock me most, coz there really nice, some really catchy hooks, and gd lyrics. but GOAT? no. and sayin "next time you mention pac biggie and jay-z dont forget weezy baby" smh
yeah ive heard rumours of platinum

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
We've been listening to this and I hate to say it.

This album might go 4x platinum -- easy. Every track is solid enough, a consistency similar to 50's first major label debut. The hype is there, the planets are aligned.

I hate to say it, I really do. What do u think?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74

members online