Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3

S

Svenghali

QUOTE=bigdmakintrax;236569]I got it, just to listen, this is not a Classic by any means or stretch of the imagination and if anything it is a run of the mill project, if not for the beats he lacks a lot of depth and skill, he coming up short on lyrics to do these tracks complete justice, what a shame, just a few weak lines i picked up on "shopping cart full of fake hip hop artists" lil Wayne speaking of fake artist LOL, "They don't make em like me no mo" what????, I'm rare like Mr. Clean Hair....I mean how can someone even begin to speak of little Wayne in the Same sentence with the likes of Biggie, Nas, J or Pac? HOW??? he has a loooong way to go lyrically to even get on their level.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who is speakin' about dude in the same breath as Biggie or Nas. That isn't warranted, a ridiculous argument at this point.

lol, word..
Lemme ask you this tho, is there not a market for 24+ in hiphop?
If not SHOULDNT there be? I mean we got all the disposable income.
THATS the market I want to tap.
That market just doesn't exist. It's not a concentrated market. Being an old school cat myself, I know that there are plenty of 24+ consumers out there, but they're not as easily swayed and the corporations are gonna take the easiest route to sales and that is the young and impressionable.

dont say that u mite have a bunch of ppl here start acting mad that u think hes garbage like alot of us do..DONT CONFUSE HATE WIT THE TRUTH PPL..Wayne is just a corny dude....i mean he calls himself the Lollipop rapper..are u fuckin kidding me a lollipop rapper hahaa???...u knoe the game is so twisted when thats actually considered cool...

This is not entirely directed at you, but I'm gon speak on it since you brought up (and to me it sound like you got it twisted). Let's keep it 100. Let me say, I don't confuse hate with truth nor do I agree that (whoever we are) people here are "acting mad" cause we know that you and others think that Wayne's garbage. You have all the right in the world to your opinion, which happens to be as important to you as it is to the next man with his. Wayne might be corny to you, that doesn't mean that he is corny. I've never met you but, you might be corny to me. So what? I used the word hate in one of my previous post regarding Wayne. Often times in these forums, I can't detect an ounce of objectiveness in most of these critique's and opinions. This is not just about Lil' Wayne, this is regarding many artists and producers that people may not find to their liking (choice/style of hip hop). The critiques are often entirely biased and equally dismissive. To me, that shit is mad corny. I've read some threads here where people were hating on Kanye, as talented as he is. As if any of these clowns could produce one track on 'Ye's level. You wanna talk about him being immature and being a cry baby, no problem, I'll give you that. What have any of these geniuses accomplished (on the strength of their talent) that would explain and justify their disrespect. Frustrations are directed towards the artist and producers when it's the listeners, the program directors and the corporate labels that are the real culprits. If anything, hate on the listeners and consumers (that buy shitty albums and merchandise) that eat up a lot of that bullshit that passes for music today? I hate armchair revolutionaries. If you all know what the industry needs, then get out there and give it to 'em! You don't like the way things are....change 'em! Stop bitchin'. All you so-called "underground" or "hip hop" producers need to STEP YA GAME UP! No one's gonna let you in, so that you can do what you (personally) like and want to do. Nobody cares about that. Dudes are trying to survive and maintain their careers and believe me, unless you've been signed/screwed by a major, or even a manager, most of you will never know how difficult the game really is and how much shit you have to endure. Shit that the average person could never fathom. Word of advise, stop living in the nostalgia of '90's hip hop. Showin' up to a gun fight with a 6 shooter revolver, while everyone else is packin' semi-automatics. Time passes and nothing remains the same. If you're not relevant, make yourself relevant. If you can't, it's no one else's fault but yours. Get off the computer and do something about it. If you don't want to put up for the cause and what you believe in then you should stop hatin'.

Ghali

S

Svenghali

How do you know someone on this site is not contractually bound to silence regarding ghostwriting and production for some of your favorite rappers that you think wrote their own lyrics?

I know you're speaking of the public in general - but some cats on this site really understand their craft and make good money off of it. Sometimes they just can't share with the world their successes due to "other" circumstances.

This place really is filled with talented people - you might want to reconsider that statement.

I will not reconsider my statement. I don't know what anyone here is doin'. But my favorite emcee pens his own shit, that I know. But your point is? I'll tell you what I do know this place is filled with talented people no doubt, but so is my old neighborhood in Cambria Heights, New York. So was my high school football and basketball teams, but of the really talented athletes I knew personally (55-60) only three smelled the pros and only one, Darrin Smith went on to have an 11 year career 9 yrs w/ the 3- time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys. I come across a lot of talented dudes (emcees, rappers and producers) on the regular these days and it is not likely that they ever make a living at this because of their mindsets. Talent, is the easy part. Finding a way to apply your talents in a way that resonates with the masses is work. Finding a medium between what you like, what you do, what resonates with people, while being creative, but not too creative, different but not too different... is the hard part. Ex. LL Cool J gets the utmost respect from me for continuing to year after year, new rapper after new rapper, new style after new style, find a way reinvent himself and make himself relevant in hip hop. Does that make him a better emcee than Rakim? I think not, but it does make him a better "artist" and "entertainer". I'd rather be managing LL than Rakim for the obvios reasons. If ya'll dudes tryin' to eat off of this, you really got it twisted. If it's something you plan on doing, while you work a 9 to 5 until you decide to hang it up is not wrong, ijust don't see the point.

word up. Not only that, but I take offense to Sven's statement. If someone actually heard from me and Wayne and thought he was superior to my rhyme skill,,,,,I don't know. That's a slap in the face.

That sounds a lil' disconnected from reality. It's not like that but you'll take it the way you hear it. Maybe I'm wrong but I interpreted what you said to mean you believe people in general should see things from your point of view. If I'm right, that just isn't realistic bro. There are folks out there that would consider DJ Smurf (producer of the Ying Yang Twins) to be a better producer than Just Blaze. A lot of us would argue otherwise, while those that disagree would still have the right to believe what they believe. Who cares, I know what it is. T. I. said he's the King, King of what? They're just words. That is not my opinion nor is it that of any large majority of people. But there are those that will argue the point with you, all having different viewpoints and motivators as to why they feel he's the best. I can't tell those people they're wrong. They believe what they believe and we all have that right. If I asked 30 people from 30 different areas of the country, who the top 3 rappers of all time are, do you think the answer for the most part be the same? No. Everyone's got an opinion, no matter what you may think of yourself as an emcee or a producer. If you got skills, that's a start, but you have to become a "total and complete" package to have success (underground or otherwise). I don't know that thirty of your hardest scrolls would beat 30 of Wayne's hardest scrolls. I haven't heard your hardest and I can't say if I've heard his hardest. I know that I wouldn't assume to know. I don't have faith. I need evidence. Ez my dude.

Oh yeah fellas... don't get bent out of shape. We're conversing, nothing personal (that goes for you as well Fury).

Out

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
Some nice post there, and i agree with a lot of the points tbh.
People seem to dislike the fact that they dont think Wayne is an all time great, neither is his album, but its gettin the sales. They think theres more talented people out there that arent gettin the money, but in another post will say money means nothing. also, hasnt it always been this way, i dont really know, but im sure Rakim wasnt the best rapper in new york at the time, but the partnership with eric b, the album and everything made the album. rakim isnt considered a great because he was an outstandin lyricist (let me get this straight, yes he was brillian,t but far greater than many others? of course not) but because he changed the game. hip-hop is built on the successes, its called a materialistic culture but its built on the success and glory, which isnt materialistic.
i jus realised how off topic im going, so i'll stop now, but made a few points.
looking at it critically, i think theres some great production on the album, and some of the drums on some tracks are amazin, jus a bit of creativity in them. wayne himself is great as well imo. a friend said that wayne must b goin over peoples heads, and i dont necessarily agree, but i dont think you could call him a bad rapper or a poor lyricist. the album maybe seems a bit lost and not quite full, and that is what stops it being great, same thinkg with kingdom come. kingdom was a nice album with alot of gd things about it, but to me it didnt seem full and consistant, american gangster on the other hand is one of jays best because he was tellin a single story throughout. its a very gd album, not a great, but ive been listenin to it and been enjoyin it as well

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Woah there, just to get it straight. Rakim is considered great because he is an outstanding lyricist and because he changed the game. Not only was he probably the best in New York at the time but he still is one of the best of all time and nobody can take that away from him. Oh yeah and the partnership with Eric B was a business move; most of us should know by now that Rakim produced all the tracks off the first couple of albums.

Back on topic; weezy still sux ;P

2nd_Man

ill o.g.
so theres people on illmuzik more talented than lil wayne. but there was no1 in new york at the time when hip-hop was really growin that was lyrically on the same level as rakim. so there was no unknown guy rappin jus at partys coz he enjoyed it?????

S

Svenghali

Woah there, just to get it straight. Rakim is considered great because he is an outstanding lyricist and because he changed the game. Not only was he probably the best in New York at the time but he still is one of the best of all time and nobody can take that away from him. Oh yeah and the partnership with Eric B was a business move; most of us should know by now that Rakim produced all the tracks off the first couple of albums.

Back on topic; weezy still sux ;P
Rakim has had the greatest and longest lasting impact of any emcee on the game period. No one else came close. And it was Extra P (Large Professor) that actually was in on a lot of the ghost production.

so theres people on illmuzik more talented than lil wayne. but there was no1 in new york at the time when hip-hop was really growin that was lyrically on the same level as rakim. so there was no unknown guy rappin jus at partys coz he enjoyed it?????

There are people at IllMuzik that "claim" to be better than Lil' Wayne. I don't know that to be a fact. I'm sure some of these dudes think they can give Kanye a run. People are entitled to think and believe what they want. With me it's show and prove. Yeah, there were plenty of guys rappin' cause they enjoyed it, but I don't understand your point. Are you saying there were emcees "rappin' at parties cause they enjoyed it" that were as talented as Rakim and we just never heard of them? C'mon dude, that's ridiculous. Any emcee that was highly skilled and respected was known. I heard about emcees in other boroughs long before WBLS and Mr. Magic put hip hop on blast across New York. If you were hot and you were rhymin' anywhere in public the word would get around. And to answer your question...NO, there was no one in New York at the time that (and for quite some time) was on the same level (lyrically) as Rakim period. I'm not even gonna embellish on that one. Do your homework kid.

I thought my posts was pretty clear.

Ez

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Rakim has had the greatest and longest lasting impact of any emcee on the game period. No one else came close. And it was Extra P (Large Professor) that actually was in on a lot of the ghost production.

Ez

Really? I hadn't heard that.

I've read interviews with Rakim where he claims it was all him.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I will not reconsider my statement. I don't know what anyone here is doin'. But my favorite emcee pens his own shit, that I know. But your point is? I'll tell you what I do know this place is filled with talented people no doubt, but so is my old neighborhood in Cambria Heights, New York. So was my high school football and basketball teams, but of the really talented athletes I knew personally (55-60) only three smelled the pros and only one, Darrin Smith went on to have an 11 year career 9 yrs w/ the 3- time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys. I come across a lot of talented dudes (emcees, rappers and producers) on the regular these days and it is not likely that they ever make a living at this because of their mindsets. Talent, is the easy part. Finding a way to apply your talents in a way that resonates with the masses is work.

That's right, you don't know what people are doing on this forum. You don't know who wrote a song and lyrics for a Bad Boy Ent. artist - who was called in to rewrite lyrics for a "legend" rapper on Geffen because that rapper was high as fuck all the time and couldn't even talk, let alone have the comprehension to collect their thoughts and put pen to paper.

And "those people" that ghostwrite are contractually bound to shut the fuck up - so consumers believe the marketing that is fed to them by the record companies - that X rapper is a god-lyricist or X-rapper "collaborated" on a beat (meaning he sat in the room high as fuck and did nothing, but you deal with the powerful leverage his manager has and give the rapper a cut.)

I don't think you understand how much writing pools and ghostwriting is used in hip-hop, because you would be saying what you're saying with a more open mind. How many other people are used to make the record company's investment (the artist) a success. You have to realize that when the rapper is cracked out or high as fuck and hasn't written lyrics to a finished production with a chorus already recorded for three weeks - that someone else is going to step in and write your rapper's lyrics for the fucker.

I don't care if that's shit that you wouldn't do - but when money is on the line, and the artist has an "image" that guarantees him a certain amount of sales, no matter how fucked up the artist is, there will be people hand-holding, writing lyrics for the dude, etc., just so they can earn THEIR ghost cut.

I can't tell you how many times a "god" rapper came into a production room with lyrics that were shit. You coax the fucker into adding your lines and helping him out - because he's incapable of making decisions for himself cuz he's drunk and high all the time.

Then the rapper gets all the credit and people that handhold the motherfucker get shit from cats like you on forums.

I can't tell you how much the rapper/producer relationship turns into a relationship similar to a politician/speechwriter. Politician takes credit for the speech and the speechwriter is not known. Same in rap, especially on the lyrical end (where the rapper has to at least appear that he wrote the lyrics - shit, everything else is done for the fucker, he can't even write a beat.)

Why do I use the politician correlation - do you know who wrote the famous President Franklin D. Roosevelt speech with the line "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" off the top of your head? Same with lyrics. What about JFK's speeches?

Didn't think so.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Good thread so far, a lot of interesting points of view.
Me personally, I had this album for about a month, been busy as hell, just finished listening to it today. One of the reasons it took me so long to listen to the LP is that I never made it past the Milli song, dope mf track IMO.
Today I listened to the rest of the LP, not really my thing, however the "Dr. Carter" track is sick, get me an instrumental and I could scratch on that all day, dope...
Weezy's flow is nice, lyrics are decent, I'm not furious or mad at all at this MC or at this album, it's fun music, fuck it.
As far as GOAT status, rappin is about talkin shit, that's what he's doing, it's working, people are actually getting upset by what he's rappin about ("how can he say he's the greatest of all time - heresy!!!" LOL).
As LDB says - rap albums are selling, people going out and spending their money on a phsycial CD - that's good for all of us that produce, rap, run labels, make beats, etc...
This album reminds me of old Beastie Boys or Biz Markie, just some fun music for the car, some nonsense with some above average production (as I said above "a milli" and "dr. carter" are fire)...
I'm not big on much hip hop from after 1996, however my ears are open and I can get down with anything (even country or opera or whatever). To the keepers of the guard, don't get mad - get even. If you can make some better shit, make it, then let the public decide. Sales don't lie - critics can love or hate your shit, but if four million people will spend their hard earned money to buy your CD, that's better than the most glowing review in any newspaper IMO.

S

Svenghali

That's right, you don't know what people are doing on this forum. You don't know who wrote a song and lyrics for a Bad Boy Ent. artist - who was called in to rewrite lyrics for a "legend" rapper on Geffen because that rapper was high as fuck all the time and couldn't even talk, let alone have the comprehension to collect their thoughts and put pen to paper.

And "those people" that ghostwrite are contractually bound to shut the fuck up - so consumers believe the marketing that is fed to them by the record companies - that X rapper is a god-lyricist or X-rapper "collaborated" on a beat (meaning he sat in the room high as fuck and did nothing, but you deal with the powerful leverage his manager has and give the rapper a cut.)

I don't think you understand how much writing pools and ghostwriting is used in hip-hop, because you would be saying what you're saying with a more open mind. How many other people are used to make the record company's investment (the artist) a success. You have to realize that when the rapper is cracked out or high as fuck and hasn't written lyrics to a finished production with a chorus already recorded for three weeks - that someone else is going to step in and write your rapper's lyrics for the fucker.

I don't care if that's shit that you wouldn't do - but when money is on the line, and the artist has an "image" that guarantees him a certain amount of sales, no matter how fucked up the artist is, there will be people hand-holding, writing lyrics for the dude, etc., just so they can earn THEIR ghost cut.

I can't tell you how many times a "god" rapper came into a production room with lyrics that were shit. You coax the fucker into adding your lines and helping him out - because he's incapable of making decisions for himself cuz he's drunk and high all the time.

Then the rapper gets all the credit and people that handhold the motherfucker get shit from cats like you on forums.

I can't tell you how much the rapper/producer relationship turns into a relationship similar to a politician/speechwriter. Politician takes credit for the speech and the speechwriter is not known. Same in rap, especially on the lyrical end (where the rapper has to at least appear that he wrote the lyrics - shit, everything else is done for the fucker, he can't even write a beat.)

Why do I use the politician correlation - do you know who wrote the famous President Franklin D. Roosevelt speech with the line "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" off the top of your head? Same with lyrics. What about JFK's speeches?

Didn't think so.

It seems as if I have way too much free times on my hands. First and foremost no disrespect, but you sound like a novice. I said Rakim, do you know who the fuck I'm talkin' about? Are you insinuating that Rakim didn't pen his own shit? Talk to me about something I don't know about homie. When I say "god mc", that was his Rakim's nickname einstein. People who knew his level in the 5% Nation referred to him as "god", and since he was an emcee, he was referred to by many as the "god mc". Following the teachings of Clarence 13X, a male member of The 5% Nation (also known as the Nation of Gods and Earths) after achieving a certain plateau (knowledge), were no longer referred to as 5 percenters but "gods". But I'm not gonna get off script here. Research it on your free time. Some other artists you may not have known who were 5 % ers (at least at one time) were Big Daddy Kane, King Sun, Busta Rhymes, Poor Righteous Teachers, Digable Planets, Nas and Wu-Tang just to name the more known followers. Guru of Gangstarr also borrowed a lot from the teachings as well as many other rappers.

Now....boy where do I start? You should go back and read my post cause you're all over the place. Sounds like you got a bone to pick, but it ain't with me son, believe that. All that shit you went into sounds real personal, and I don't even know you like that, so save it. You don't know me and what I've done under pseudo names, do you? I don't talk about what I've done and it's got nothing to do with contractual confidentiality clauses. But all that's irrelevant. Out of some pinned up frustration, you must feel the need to school somebody, but I can assure you, it's not goin' to be me on this day. Now correct me if I'm wrong but here are a few excerpts of your barely coherent rants...

And I quote, "someone was called in to rewrite lyrics for a legend.. rapper is cracked out or high as fuck and hasn't written lyrics to a finished production with a chorus already recorded for three weeks.. someone else is going to step in and write your rapper's lyrics for the fucker.. You coax the fucker into adding your lines and helping him out - because he's incapable of making decisions for himself cuz he's drunk and high all the time. Then the rapper gets all the credit and people that handhold the motherfucker get shit from cats like you on forums". Wow!!!! Are you high??? What rapper was getting shit from me in the forums???

Dude, stick to the script. You got an entirely different conversation goin' here. And just for the record, because you ghost for people doesn't mean you in your own right can be a successful artist. I know a slew of "writers" that penned shit for other people and had success, but when it came time for them to deliver their project, they couldn't pull it off and tanked. The reason for injecting Rakim's name into the discussion was to make the point that the best rappers, emcees, or producers are not usually the most successful ones. So as an artist, you find your niche and what will work for you and you go out there and try to make it happen. LL Cool J understood that. Rakim may have as well, but he was always known to do things his own way. Get a GPS and get back on track in this conversation maing.

Ghali,

Out

2nd_Man

ill o.g.
There are people at IllMuzik that "claim" to be better than Lil' Wayne............ but I don't understand your point....... I'm not even gonna embellish on that one. Do your homework kid.

I thought my posts was pretty clear.

Ez

well people were saying that theres those on illmuzik as talented as in the game (if not in it themselves), but were saying that Rakim was leagues ahead of every1 else. Im not sayin either points are wrong or right, but I think its incredibly blind to say both those things and is evidence of people urning for the better days. To say that every1 in music atm is not talnted enough but 20years ago those rapping were really the best, seems inconsistant.
i do take your point about word getting around about a gd rapper, but what if they turned it down? and your right, when it comes to knowin what it was like in New York at the time i have no idea, but I find it very hard to believe that Rakim was the only great rapper at the time.
Let me get this straight, I am a big fan of Rakim, and of course he is a great lyricist, but i refuse to beleive he was alone or he was really head and shoulders above the rest. what makes Rakim really great is what he did, the fact he made an impact

S

Svenghali

As far as GOAT status, rappin is about talkin shit, that's what he's doing, it's working, people are actually getting upset by what he's rappin about ("how can he say he's the greatest of all time - heresy!!!" LOL).
As LDB says - rap albums are selling, people going out and spending their money on a phsycial CD - that's good for all of us that produce, rap, run labels, make beats, etc...
This album reminds me of old Beastie Boys or Biz Markie, just some fun music for the car, some nonsense with some above average production (as I said above "a milli" and "dr. carter" are fire)...
To the keepers of the guard, don't get mad - get even. If you can make some better shit, make it, then let the public decide. Sales don't lie - critics can love or hate your shit, but if four million people will spend their hard earned money to buy your CD, that's better than the most glowing review in any newspaper IMO.
All excellent points!

well people were saying that theres those on illmuzik as talented as in the game (if not in it themselves), but were saying that Rakim was leagues ahead of every1 else. Im not sayin either points are wrong or right, but I think its incredibly blind to say both those things and is evidence of people urning for the better days. To say that every1 in music atm is not talnted enough but 20years ago those rapping were really the best, seems inconsistant.
i do take your point about word getting around about a gd rapper, but what if they turned it down? and your right, when it comes to knowin what it was like in New York at the time i have no idea, but I find it very hard to believe that Rakim was the only great rapper at the time.
Let me get this straight, I am a big fan of Rakim, and of course he is a great lyricist, but i refuse to beleive he was alone or he was really head and shoulders above the rest. what makes Rakim really great is what he did, the fact he made an impact

When I spoke of Rakim I was using him as an example of an emcee that no one could touch with a 12 foot pole (do some research, really). Ask anyone that lived in New York in the summer of '86 and was hip hop how great Rakim was (yes head and shoulders above the rest) and how he single-handedly changed the landscape of emceeing.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia *** - Many hip hop/rap artists (both underground and mainstream) acknowledge a huge debt to Rakim's innovative style. He is given credit for popularizing the heavy use of internal rhymes in hip-hop - rhymes that are not necessary to the overall rhyme scheme of the verse, but occur between the endpoints of lines and stanzas, serving to increase the alliteration, assonance, and emphasis of the rap. He is also credited for the jazzy, heavily stylistic, seemingly effortless delivery of his lyrical content****. --- No one was doin' these things before The "R" hit the scene. Style, lyrics, swagger, delivery and vocal tone. Nuff said.

Back to my point, LL was also from that era 9far from the best) but smart enough to figure out a way to keep himself relevant with the general public. Does that make him better emcee than Rakim, NO. But LL can drop a record and get played 22 years after him first release single release on Def Jam. That to me is the mark of a true artist and I respect that.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
It seems as if I have way too much free times on my hands. First and foremost no disrespect, but you sound like a novice. I said Rakim, do you know who the fuck I'm talkin' about? Are you insinuating that Rakim didn't pen his own shit? Talk to me about something I don't know about homie. When I say "god mc", that was his Rakim's nickname einstein. People who knew his level in the 5% Nation referred to him as "god", and since he was an emcee, he was referred to by many as the "god mc". Following the teachings of Clarence 13X, a male member of The 5% Nation (also known as the Nation of Gods and Earths) after achieving a certain plateau (knowledge), were no longer referred to as 5 percenters but "gods". But I'm not gonna get off script here. Research it on your free time. Some other artists you may not have known who were 5 % ers (at least at one time) were Big Daddy Kane, King Sun, Busta Rhymes, Poor Righteous Teachers, Digable Planets, Nas and Wu-Tang just to name the more known followers. Guru of Gangstarr also borrowed a lot from the teachings as well as many other rappers.

Now....boy where do I start? You should go back and read my post cause you're all over the place. Sounds like you got a bone to pick, but it ain't with me son, believe that. All that shit you went into sounds real personal, and I don't even know you like that, so save it. You don't know me and what I've done under pseudo names, do you? I don't talk about what I've done and it's got nothing to do with contractual confidentiality clauses. But all that's irrelevant. Out of some pinned up frustration, you must feel the need to school somebody, but I can assure you, it's not goin' to be me on this day. Now correct me if I'm wrong but here are a few excerpts of your barely coherent rants...

And I quote, "someone was called in to rewrite lyrics for a legend.. rapper is cracked out or high as fuck and hasn't written lyrics to a finished production with a chorus already recorded for three weeks.. someone else is going to step in and write your rapper's lyrics for the fucker.. You coax the fucker into adding your lines and helping him out - because he's incapable of making decisions for himself cuz he's drunk and high all the time. Then the rapper gets all the credit and people that handhold the motherfucker get shit from cats like you on forums". Wow!!!! Are you high??? What rapper was getting shit from me in the forums???

Dude, stick to the script. You got an entirely different conversation goin' here. And just for the record, because you ghost for people doesn't mean you in your own right can be a successful artist. I know a slew of "writers" that penned shit for other people and had success, but when it came time for them to deliver their project, they couldn't pull it off and tanked. The reason for injecting Rakim's name into the discussion was to make the point that the best rappers, emcees, or producers are not usually the most successful ones. So as an artist, you find your niche and what will work for you and you go out there and try to make it happen. LL Cool J understood that. Rakim may have as well, but he was always known to do things his own way. Get a GPS and get back on track in this conversation maing.

Ghali,

Out

I could give a shit about 5% - I know about that shit, and I couldn't give a shit. And as a "god" mc, you know full-well I'm talking about dudes that are platinum-plus and think they're the shit. Sorry my Webster's dictionary isn't the same version as yours. Don't put your argument into a totally different realm like the 5% bullshit, and use it for ammo.

Sure, Rakim wrote his own lyrics. But what about Snoop's latest album? I'm talking about "your" or people's favorite rappers who think that they write some of their shit.

Calling me a novice is like calling you humble, because you're full of yourself on this post.

If you actually read and understood the shit I said, I'm saying - people that make shit happen for the artists, like producing and writing- have to PUT UP WITH SHIT from people like you on this forum who don't know the game from behind the scenes (or think they do.) If I want to go to forums where people actually understand some of this shit I'm talking about - I can always go to a "higher-level" production forum, or a Velvetrope or some shit. Why don't I? I started posting here to help these cats out so they see shit from different perspective, like all the shit I wrote about the industry way back and still do. Maybe you should do a search on what I've written and see wtf I'm talking about.

You're just pissed off right now cuz someone is actually countering your ideas. Seriously dude, I call it like it is, man.

So, reprogram that Magellan system on YOUR GPS and understand what I'm saying - like cats here are talented as hell, and some have got deals working on albums that are major sellers. They just can't talk about it. So when you say "I wanna see you do this shit like Wayne," man - I've been in situations where I've seen cats on a platinum-plus level get HAND FED lyrics cuz they're high as fuck.

But the charade has to go on, so the people believe and buy the shit. Record industry is amoral, dude - you should know that.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
QUOTE=bigdmakintrax;236569]I got it, just to listen, this is not a Classic by any means or stretch of the imagination and if anything it is a run of the mill project, if not for the beats he lacks a lot of depth and skill, he coming up short on lyrics to do these tracks complete justice, what a shame, just a few weak lines i picked up on "shopping cart full of fake hip hop artists" lil Wayne speaking of fake artist LOL, "They don't make em like me no mo" what????, I'm rare like Mr. Clean Hair....I mean how can someone even begin to speak of little Wayne in the Same sentence with the likes of Biggie, Nas, J or Pac? HOW??? he has a loooong way to go lyrically to even get on their level.

I don't know who is speakin' about dude in the same breath as Biggie or Nas. That isn't warranted, a ridiculous argument at this point.

Sorry if I got you all upset, but have you been reading a lot of the articles out there in the media and at some sites
? I am not the one bringing this argument to light on my own, do some searching around you will easily find the comparisons out there and have been afloat for quite some time, I didn't mean to make any unwarranted comments, I was making a reference to the factual, yet fantasy comparisons of this cat, to the actual greats of hip hop..and Stresswon who I would say got some more skill that he does as a tru emcee....sorry to make you or anyone in the Weezy fanclub angry but just for myself I cant bring myself to endorse garbage or especially if I went out and spent money to actually try and change my opinion of what I had heard of this artist to date...dont be so quick to defend or slap down someones honest opinion Sven.

Listen to this Nerd actually telling it for real though

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
It's cus of Weezy proclaiming himself the be one of the greatest that my hate starts to grow on me.. Cus he is not! that's the only thing im hating on..

He also announced that he was an alien in a bunch of his interviews!

I've been listening to the album a lot and it's worn off a little on me, but I still like it. People are always trying to put new rap into historical perspective but they're only hurting their experience and chances to enjoy it by doing that. Of course this album isn't one of the all time greats, hell, Lil Wayne is not in the top 50 rappers in the last decade (IMO), but a good rapper is still a good rapper, and a good album is still a good album.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I still don't like Lil Wayne at all. I ain't hating. Brotha made his paper and it's all good. I just don't like his voice or the way he raps. Unless he changes who he is, which I don't see happening, I will always dislike him. Shit, why should he change cause I said so. He obviously knows how to sell records and build a large fan base as well as appear on a shit load of people's albums.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
He obviously knows how to sell records and build a large fan base as well as appear on a shit load of people's albums.

just millions of sheep BAAhh dumb as fuck.. nothin' special... that teenage angst bullshit fuels a kill..... anthropology examination at it's fullest! as crews bill``

people, money, and sellout sluts gut hipop on a shiney platter crushin' hiphop into a disasterous clusterfuck

excuse my french'

S

Svenghali

I could give a shit about 5% - I know about that shit, and I couldn't give a shit. And as a "god" mc, you know full-well I'm talking about dudes that are platinum-plus and think they're the shit. Sorry my Webster's dictionary isn't the same version as yours. Don't put your argument into a totally different realm like the 5% bullshit, and use it for ammo.

Sure, Rakim wrote his own lyrics. But what about Snoop's latest album? I'm talking about "your" or people's favorite rappers who think that they write some of their shit.

Calling me a novice is like calling you humble, because you're full of yourself on this post.

If you actually read and understood the shit I said, I'm saying - people that make shit happen for the artists, like producing and writing- have to PUT UP WITH SHIT from people like you on this forum who don't know the game from behind the scenes (or think they do.) If I want to go to forums where people actually understand some of this shit I'm talking about - I can always go to a "higher-level" production forum, or a Velvetrope or some shit. Why don't I? I started posting here to help these cats out so they see shit from different perspective, like all the shit I wrote about the industry way back and still do. Maybe you should do a search on what I've written and see wtf I'm talking about.

You're just pissed off right now cuz someone is actually countering your ideas. Seriously dude, I call it like it is, man.

So, reprogram that Magellan system on YOUR GPS and understand what I'm saying - like cats here are talented as hell, and some have got deals working on albums that are major sellers. They just can't talk about it. So when you say "I wanna see you do this shit like Wayne," man - I've been in situations where I've seen cats on a platinum-plus level get HAND FED lyrics cuz they're high as fuck.

But the charade has to go on, so the people believe and buy the shit. Record industry is amoral, dude - you should know that.

Again, where are you goin'? I'm not mad, a discussion of ideas is ok to have, but your anger is clouding this conversation. When I said the "god mc" and I referred to Rakim, there was no way you could misinterpret that? That's why I said you "sound like a novice". See, it wasn't about your interpretation of a "god mc" today. I've never heard that term used nor did I know there were different versions of Webster's that gave different definitions. You sound like a bitter dude. And I'm sorry for what may have happened to you to make you so impassioned, but alot us have been there too, we just are not crying about it. Those dudes know who they are and won't take offense to what I'm sayin' cause they know it's not directed towards them. They know the best way to teach any one is to show them how, not crab about shit that happened to them. It's all about the decisions we make in life. Some make the right moves, then some of us made a few wrong moves. But Jay-Z said "you gotta learn to live with regrets". I have, maybe you should. All the "angry guy" stuff can ride, beefin' is a waste of energy. It's a new day. If you read my post, then read yours there is a disconnect. Maybe you have all the answers, so "I'll humble myself" in your presence next time "God".

Sorry if I got you all upset, but have you been reading a lot of the articles out there in the media and at some sites
? I am not the one bringing this argument to light on my own, do some searching around you will easily find the comparisons out there and have been afloat for quite some time, I didn't mean to make any unwarranted comments, I was making a reference to the factual, yet fantasy comparisons of this cat, to the actual greats of hip hop..and Stresswon who I would say got some more skill that he does as a tru emcee....sorry to make you or anyone in the Weezy fanclub angry but just for myself I cant bring myself to endorse garbage or especially if I went out and spent money to actually try and change my opinion of what I had heard of this artist to date...dont be so quick to defend or slap down someones honest opinion Sven.

Listen to this Nerd actually telling it for real though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1aAz3mNyic

Nah, D, It wasn't meant that way. I was merely agreeing with you fam. Read the post again. And if it still comes off that way to you then, know I didn't mean it that way. Man, everyone's duckin' but I ain't shootin'. Read my posts. I said in my previous post you have the right to your opinion, but I was referring to the number of people who jump on don't even post beats s that are grindin' it out on the "mainstream" side of things. Often these dudes are complaining but ain't doin' nothin' pro actively to change it. That's MY OPINION and I respect yours and the right for you to have it. Stress took offense to something I said that wasn't meant to offend. But he chose to take offense to that and it seems that everyone is way tied up emotionally in this kind of conversation. I'm sorry if it offends, but I'm not talkin' Lil Wayne in the "gutter" section where more traditional and "underground" emcees are being discussed. I was talkin' bout judging the dude in the realm in which HE walks. His competition is T.I., Rick Ross, and folks like that. I don't mix my drinks, The Roots and Mos Def aren't in the same conversation as 50 or Fat Joe. I didn't think that needed to be stated in the "mainstream section". Maybe I'm wrong. As far as me addressing "God", he took what I said in a whole nother direction and was coming off aggressively. So I checked him and he thinks I'm blowin' steam over this. Dude, I'm way past that. I'll just not get too deep in the posts round here.

Be ez.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
ok I see where you coming from now, I thought you were saying my statement was ridiculous, it's all good I'm over it though that's my last reply in the thread I think we can say that a lot of people here on Ill are not feeling this particular body of work overall.