NI Maschine

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit...that's just as good I think...You could just program it afterwards...

I've been looking at the maschine and really doing some research on it...Looks really cool...Our team might be getting a grant for music and am considering the maschine over Serato...if the grant...is granted..LOL.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So yeah...buy it, the thing is FAST! Im still working out how to make it work seemlessly with logic though. I think ima have to just dump the audio into the sequencer for mixdown vibes...its a pretty wack step when u work with players cause you make the beat in 2 minutes then have to take 20 tracking it out...anyone got any tips?

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
you can load the programs, not the .mid files/sequences. Unless you found a way to load mpc sequences in there?

...if so...cool lol.

That...by itself convinced me to go get it. Time to sell the MPC! Seriously!!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
DJ X NOOOOOO! DONT DO IT! j/k, I honestly believe that Maschine is the right gear for the times. I don't own one but I have been doing a lot of research and reading every bit of info I can find on it. It appears as with any NEW piece of gear it has its qwerks but NI really seems to want their Maschine to be successful and when a company backs its work like they have, (new updates) it shows their confidence in their product.

LOL!!! I hear you Decalion!!!! I after watching some of what it can do...it just makes better sense to use it instead of the MPC (that really feels weird coming out of my mouth!). I got to do it homie!!!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Sounds like I need to sell my MPC and get MASCHINE. I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of me doing that. ALL of my beats (at this point) are sequenced on the MPC. Not really wanting to redo that junk all over again and learn new gear at the same time. But if it's really easy to use then, the obvious choice is to get that. The kid gotta step his game up ya' know?

Haha again , right there with you!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
yea sorry, I was on my ipod when I posted that. You will have to export the midi sequences out of the MPC and then load the program in Maschine and import that midi. But it could be worse.

yeah...but this step isn't an easy one, it's not drag and drop like getting midi out of Maschine... you'd basically have to load the midi file into your daw, and send it into Maschine as a plugin.

I would expect at least midi sequence import to be coming in an update, maybe even mpc sequences, but I don't know.

if you have a bunch of mpc sequences you want to keep and move over, unfortunately it's not that quick of a process in my opinion. Sure, you could do it...but expect to spend some time figuring out the best way to get your midi into Maschine.

They should def make it drag and drop easy, or at least allow you to import, hope they do that soon.

For this reason, I just turned the beats I wanted off of my 4k into songs, set it to resample and dragged them off as wave files lol....I didn't even feel like dealing with the whole recording midi and recreating the junk lol.

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yo. I got a Maschine. I sold MPC years ago. Used Reason 3,4,5. Copped a maschine. Its fucking 2010. The MPC is outdated. Its not what you use but how you use it. If you can make dope beats on one machine you can do it on another. For me, its about workflow. The ease of things. I will NEVER go back to using an MPC. I like to drag/drop/dump and mix quick. If your into being productive get one of these things.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i'm taking notes, i'm actually considering moving towards copping maschine. Everything i've heard and saw thus far seems pretty dope and sufficient.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Dude Maschine 1.6 coming in Jan will have VST support. Its OVER! Beatkangz, AKAI, MV might as well go home crying at this point. NI has to much momentum now and they WILL be this generations MPC!

Still no time stretching.. :(

But yeah, Made a deal with this dude starting a small label here...6-8 beats in exchange for Maschine. SWEET...

BTW Fade...I'll click it for an Ill 4 Life account. LOL

members online