NI Maschine

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Dude Maschine 1.6 coming in Jan will have VST support. Its OVER! Beatkangz, AKAI, MV might as well go home crying at this point. NI has to much momentum now and they WILL be this generations MPC!

Ha! This won't even make Maschine equal to the MV. Maschine will need a whole lot more updating before you can even put them in the same sentence...lol.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I'll do better than one... you can produce and burn an entire CD from recording instruments, samples and vocals to mixing to mastering, all without a computer. =) Forget it dp, they're not even in the same league. MV's are the Majors!

EDIT: The best I'll give you is...if 2 MV's got together and had a baby, it would still be a big brother to Maschine...LMAO!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Why would you want to master anything in an MV, thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I would rather have the best tool for the job at hand, not use a jack of all trades master of none product.

When was the last time you made a beat on your MV? Its been FL for you for a long time now.....wonder why.....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha, they don't compare at all, Roland ish is so far ahead that nobody can see them unless you use Roland gear...lol. Speaking of my MV, my latest beat was made on it. Check it out on my site when you get a chance, it's a James Brown flip called "Funky", just click the sig pic =). The only thing thats cumbersome about a MV is the intial load up (which is understandable considering her power of production), other than that she's a beast in a league of her own. As for her mastering skills, she doesn't have a Waves Bundle built in but unless you've got a TON of errors that you need corrected, she will do all the rest. Like I said, you can buy a MV and be done, or you can buy Maschine, some software and a computer and be done...hahahaha

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
You must have just put that up today ha ha ha

One of these days I will get you in to this century dac lmao!

on another note the MV is discontinued. You have never used Maschine so trust me when I say Maschine is WAAAYYY faster than the MV as far as work flow goes.

Roland is NOT planning an MV replacement at this point. Sorry man.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Nobody asks but if they did, I would tell them... Do the research and pick what you think would be best for you. I wouldn't tell them to buy anything that has the track history of Maschine. I'm sorry, I'm just not that impressed yet. I say "yet" because I see that they are determined to improve it at a feverish rate, I mean it seems like they are constantly updating it, and I'm not against it. I just feel like it still has issues to be worked out. It may be the best ever one day but today, I'd rather do all my sampling and production within my software. Maschine is FAR from being a necessity for beat production. Actually, I view it as being the "trend" but so was the MPC and Rolands SP's ran circles around them.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
ok well that thread is two updates ago, so many of those issues are gone.

AND so your are upset that Maschine does something so/so (Logic integration) that an MV cant do at all?

Wouldnt it be nice to build a track in your MV and then LITERALLY drag it to your DAW to mix in one move. No exporting, no rerecording. I am telling you man as someone who has logged plenty of hours on both Maschine is much faster than either an MV or MPC.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'll take the Maschine over that huge ass MV88 any day....

Because I'll run my Kontakt and my Nexus off of Maschine.....And it's less than a grand....I can drag and drop into PT...Everyone I know who has an MV88, loves it, but uses something else to make beats....

I personally wouldn't get something like that...I don't need that to burn a CD or master...because I don't do either, Lol...

That's like paying for an unlimited data/messaging cell phone plan when you use 100 minutes a month with a basic flip phone and you don't like texting.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
ok well that thread is two updates ago, so many of those issues are gone.

AND so your are upset that Maschine does something so/so (Logic integration) that an MV cant do at all?

Wouldnt it be nice to build a track in your MV and then LITERALLY drag it to your DAW to mix in one move. No exporting, no rerecording. I am telling you man as someone who has logged plenty of hours on both Maschine is much faster than either an MV or MPC.

I'm not upset, in fact I'm finding it funny as heyell that you're trying so hard to justify Maschine. We started with "name one thing that a MV can do that Maschine won't" and now we are at "Maschine is much faster...". By the way, did you invest money in NI stock or something? You are comparing apples with oranges, they do alot of the same tasks but they are 2 different types of production gear. Thats been my point from the start. You can save that "workflow" speech because we both know that NO gear is better than it's user, a novice surrounded by an entire PT's rig wouldn't stand a chance against a professional using the first version of ACID...lol. Once again, I'm not against Maschine but if it's still being updated then that tells me it's not up to it's full potential. You said that thread was 2 updates ago but yet due for ANOTHER update in January? Thats why I'm NOT impressed...holla at me when they get the thing up to par...lol.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
I'm not against Maschine but if it's still being updated then that tells me it's not up to it's full potential

LMAO worst logic ever! Just because NI has not abandoned there product like Roland has with the MV and want to keep adding value to the product.

In fact thats why I dont use FL because they keep updating it so often. It is clearly not up to par since they have to update so much.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
What are you not impressed about? You do know that DOA by Jay-z from NO ID was all done in Maschine right?

NOOOO This ^^^^ is the worse logic EVER!

As for FL, VST support has been there from day 1. So lets use some logic on this...NI didn't know that Maschine would need VST support when they released it? Geez us, thats enough to turn me away right there...I mean what next? an update to sample? LMAO!!!!!