Quality Control, (an example...)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I know sometimes we talking Quality Control a bit more abstract, but there are some objectively poor tracks out there.

Have a look at this that somehow snuck into a Spotify playlist...

even look at how goofily that explicit content sticker is slapped on there.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys miss the Hell outta quality control in everything.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Who needs it tho? Thatd be extra costs they would transfer to the users. Like, if its bad, dont listen.
the issue is some people really lack that ability to discern, and the more poor shit is out there, the more accustomed and accepting of it listeners become.

Lot of us are already aware of ways in which 'the masses' always need leading and direction. Music/Art is one they definitely need it in.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
the issue is some people really lack that ability to discern, and the more poor shit is out there, the more accustomed and accepting of it listeners become.

Lot of us are already aware of ways in which 'the masses' always need leading and direction. Music/Art is one they definitely need it in.

I dont know about that. We always act like users of any platform are like babies that need a holding hand.. Thats the biggest problem in politics right now, we can see where it leads to. Then again we ordinary people give away another piece of decision making freedom to some few that decide what quality is and what not, could be abused. (Oh you said gay?? Nope! Oh you dislike xyz in your tracks? NOPEDY NOPE!) A user rating system is what i could imagine so you just see before listening if its bad or not, but even this could be abused by haters.

I still believe in people that are capable of deciding for themselves whats good for them or not.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The issue is that anyone can put their music out there and call themselves an entrepreneur CEO genius. That's both good and bad. It's good because of the ease of access, but bad because of like what you just posted.

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @DPrezd Beggar do know people can pay for high ratings/rankings so you know a user rating system is bound to eventually be corrupted. Spotify is awash in bots, "fake music," etc.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I dont know about that. We always act like users of any platform are like babies that need a holding hand.. Thats the biggest problem in politics right now, we can see where it leads to. Then again we ordinary people give away another piece of decision making freedom to some few that decide what quality is and what not, could be abused. (Oh you said gay?? Nope! Oh you dislike xyz in your tracks? NOPEDY NOPE!) A user rating system is what i could imagine so you just see before listening if its bad or not, but even this could be abused by haters.

I still believe in people that are capable of deciding for themselves whats good for them or not.

On social media everyday,and many other places, I watch how these people are easily misled maliciously, or whateverly, whether intention triggers. All believing some dumb thing... even the "I do not give Facebook permission to" posts and dumb shit like that, idiots putting "no copyrights infringements intended" on posts. People are THICK. People are easily led by the flock of other dumb idiots.

They are being led and guided anyway. They need to be guided again.

Spotify, and whoever else, should have some quality control gatekeepers. Sure, have user platforms, like SoundCloud where people can upload whatever shit they like.

But certain services should be treated like radio stations would.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
ignore shit music, problem solved.
nope. because there it is. in my playlist. it shouldn't be there.

poorly produced poorly performed. is like some 7yr olds show n tell karaoke.

This isn't about musical preference, I'm not moaning some good quality mumblerap record got in my playlist. I'm talking something that is literally poor quality across the board.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's a good point though about the quality. Of course if it's shit then don't listen to it, but this is why streaming platforms are so different than traditional record labels that would make sure the product was good enough to put out. Add to that the producers, agents, etc and we wouldn't hear trash on the radio.

However, if you're exploring Spotify looking for new music and you come across trash, yeah just ignore it.

Who cares and why even?
Because that's not what it's supposed to be, at least traditionally. Everything gets watered down now, even titles.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Add to that the producers, agents, etc and we wouldn't hear trash on the radio.
Radio is flooded by record label music.
They re responsible for the decline since they set the measure. Less work, more money, they released that mindset into this world.

So yeah lets stop every amateur from releasing shit music so we can have another thread about how we only listen to the same shit and nothing new/experimental comes out. Atleast they put out content instead of just complaining about it.

members online