Quality Control, (an example...)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Why is that always the answer nowadays? Why can't people just complain without "doing something about it"? It's the internet, people complain all the time. LOOK IT UP.

But seriously, who cares? People can release what they want, but me and everyone else are allowed to complain.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @DPrezd Beggar decline been in existence since Telecommunications Act of 1996. Prior to that it used to be possible for an act or acts to have regional success e.g. "hits." After 1996 all radio stations have had and do have identical playlists thanks to the homogenization/corporatization of radio. Program Directors used to be the ones who shaped the demographics and community tastes.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Fade real issue is music has become "wear more hats but make less money" aka declining specialization across the board. Pros and amateurs alike.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Why is that always the answer nowadays? Why can't people just complain without "doing something about it"? It's the internet, people complain all the time. LOOK IT UP.

But seriously, who cares? People can release what they want, but me and everyone else are allowed to complain.

I mean if average janes n joes do it, be it. But i thought we were producers here. If i had the skills of mixing/mastering id try to approach the artist and make him/her sound better.

Like Iron often said, and this is no front, "uhhh i want to work with artists, but they re all so shit meeeh", then make em sound good??

But we just keep hating and complaining and i guess that just proves your point of watered down titles.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Fuck @DPrezd Beggar semantics. A producer is someone who brings forth regardless of subtitle(s). For instance, you a rapper? You released a track, albeit, you didn't produce it but the track itself is your work hence, product.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Fuck @DPrezd Beggar semantics. A producer is someone who brings forth regardless of subtitle(s). For instance, you a rapper? You released a track, albeit, you didn't produce it but the track itself is your work hence, product.
A producer is someone who produces the final product. And yes a producer is a big part of how a an artist sounds. I dont get what you re saying.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@DPrezd Beggar Well you're talking about a producer and beatmaker's standpoint. I'm talking in general. But even then, all of us on here still have the right to complain about how shit the music is today and we're doing something about it by making beats every day.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Why is that even brought up by you? Ofc you have the right and i have the right to complain about people complaining? No?
LOL now you're saying the opposite of before. Whatever. Anyway, music today sucks and we can all agree on that. For those that want to do something about, make beats and become a superstar.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Bro it's a joke. chill.

Yourself had nothing to add other than, 'we should give poor quality material the same exposure as good stuff.'

I dunno why yall think i would be dead ass serious or offended or something, im just trying to discuss and no, i was saying that we should not lock out artists that might now be poor but could be better in the future, which quality control does.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
So yeah lets stop every amateur from releasing shit music so we can have another thread about how we only listen to the same shit and nothing new/experimental comes out. Atleast they put out content instead of just complaining about it.
Nope.

Please tell me what is groundbreaking, innovating, new/fresh different about that record?!

This isn't about stopping independent artists. This is about making sure content is of suitable quality.

it's the equivalent of letting novices turn up to play top league sports.

members online