Quality Control, (an example...)

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
it's the equivalent of letting novices turn up to play top league sports.
"Spotify is a digital music, podcast, and video service that gives you access to millions of songs and other content from creators all over the world. Basic functions such as playing music are totally free, but you can also choose to upgrade to Spotify Premium."

It doesnt describe itself as "Top notch music service".

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I mean if average janes n joes do it, be it. But i thought we were producers here. If i had the skills of mixing/mastering id try to approach the artist and make him/her sound better.

Like Iron often said, and this is no front, "uhhh i want to work with artists, but they re all so shit meeeh", then make em sound good??

No.

It's not my job to train anyone. If you can't sing, practise and take lessons. If you can't rap, keep practising stay at it.

What makes you think I'm somehow obliged to find shit artists and try to teach them? For what? When they don't even have special something worth digging out of them.

I was shadowing an engineer, and these kids turned up to record (band), daddy dropped the moolah. Their timing was sooo bad, so so bad. Engineer told them to go home and practise their timing.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
No.

It's not my job to train anyone. If you can't sing, practise and take lessons. If you can't rap, keep practising stay at it.

What makes you think I'm somehow obliged to find shit artists and try to teach them? For what? When they don't even have special something worth digging out of them.

I was shadowing an engineer, and these kids turned up to record (band), daddy dropped the moolah. Their timing was sooo bad, so so bad. Engineer told them to go home and practise their timing.

It was an idea to approach the whole situation, i never told you you HAVE to or are obliged to anything, because imo just stating "this is shit, that is shit" and not taking the time to maybe start a change in something and give constructive ciriticism, i mean, when you have the knowledge and feel like music is a community, you could take part in that community and form it little by little. Its like when elders pass their wisdoms to they young ones. But now everyone does his own thing and just rejects everything else. complaining about shit without trying to contribute his part to make that shit maybe less shit, thats what im trying to communicate.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
complaining about shit without trying to contribute his part to make that shit maybe less shit
I've been contributing for well over 20 years with IllMuzik. That's why it's so frustrating to continually hear subpar music being put out both mainstream and underground. I've done my part, now it's up to the younger generation to do their thing but they don't seem to be bothered to make anything groundbreaking.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
maybe start a change in something and give constructive ciriticism
I probably one of the people who give the most feedback here.

I even triggered that trend of people doing lists of feedback after Beat This etc.

I give tonnnnes of solicited feedback, don't go talking like I'm someone unwilling to help others grow.

Many even thank me later on for all the advice they've received from me and how they've grown.

But I'm not about to go digging around the world looking for unskilled artists to tell them how to get good, for what? "Hey lemme teach you for 3-5 years, and then maybe after that, we can try making a track!" ...wtf?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I probably one of the people who give the most feedback here.

I even triggered that trend of people doing lists of feedback after Beat This etc.

I give tonnnnes of solicited feedback, don't go talking like I'm someone unwilling to help others grow.

Many even thank me later on for all the advice they've received from me and how they've grown.

But I'm not about to go digging around the world looking for unskilled artists to tell them how to get good, for what? "Hey lemme teach you for 3-5 years, and then maybe after that, we can try making a track!" ...wtf?

Yeah thats good, i didnt discredit that. I was referring to the people that approach you, you gave me advice that helped, im thankful for that. But i just get the feeling you dismiss everyone else when you come into discord and say stuff like "omg another 3000 ppl i had to ghost cuz their just shit", give em advice how to get better and thats it, all im saying. Not like coaching every dude on the planet.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I've been contributing for well over 20 years with IllMuzik. That's why it's so frustrating to continually hear subpar music being put out both mainstream and underground. I've done my part, now it's up to the younger generation to do their thing but they don't seem to be bothered to make anything groundbreaking.
True, cant say nothing against it. But then you give me the feeling of being offended or something, not saying it is like that, just how i feel and dont understand why when you know that you did all that with your site. And with comments like "You need a hug" when im just discussing with ya ll feels to me like you re trying to put me in a specific spot and shut down the discussion or atleast my input, because i just disagree. Again, not stating anything as a fact here, just how i feel.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah thats good, i didnt discredit that. I was referring to the people that approach you, you gave me advice that helped, im thankful for that. But i just get the feeling you dismiss everyone else when you come into discord and say stuff like "omg another 3000 ppl i had to ghost cuz their just shit", give em advice how to get better and thats it, all im saying. Not like coaching every dude on the planet.

The thing is, those people who come, that I choose to not work with, it's because they're so far off.

Y'know, your team has trials, a bunch of players turn up... some just really ain't anywhere near ready, so they get cut. Straight up. You get some who come who have some raw talent, or skill, but have just a few things to work on, you can take them and develop them. But when it's someone who needs like many years of training to even get there, unless it makes sense for you to facilitate that, then it's no point. They're not ready yet, they can come try again once they've improved.

I'm talking like people so far off... voice, bad. Delivery, bad. Flow, bad. rhyming same word, or saying things don't make sense. Feedback to someone like that would just be brutal, 'hey, so you're basically very bad, at every element of what you're doing.' It would be a massive waste of my time trying to 'work with' that artist. It would take 3 years before they could possibly even be ready to get on the beat.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
True, cant say nothing against it. But then you give me the feeling of being offended or something, not saying it is like that, just how i feel and dont understand why when you know that you did all that with your site. And with comments like "You need a hug" when im just discussing with ya ll feels to me like you re trying to put me in a specific spot and shut down the discussion or atleast my input, because i just disagree. Again, not stating anything as a fact here, just how i feel.
WTF take a joke! "Need a hug" is to lighten the mood. You're so serious.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Feedback to someone like that would just be brutal, 'hey, so you're basically very bad, at every element of what you're doing.' It would be a massive waste of my time trying to 'work with' that artist.
I get that, imo you could still give that feedback, maybe they re stuck because people "dont want to hurt their feelings" and tend to sugarcoat it like "yeah yeah good stuff but i uhhm left the oven running, cya nerd". Just an idea.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
WTF take a joke! "Need a hug" is to lighten the mood. You're so serious.
No im not, i just told you how it felt to me, since you were or seemed serious about all that. Im good but again you think im sitting in front of my pc and typing like a madman in full rage, why? Because i instantly respond? Yes, im sore af from skating just have nothing better to do atm and discuss with you guys. Is it because i snapped in the past? Yeah was shit but i told you it wont happen again.

Like, we re still on the internet and communicate through text and we tend to make so many assumptions. I just wanted to clear it out so theres no misunderstanding and now you re like assuming again that im this or that. Should i use more emojis or GIFs?

Again, im all chill.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No im not, i just told you how it felt to me, since you were or seemed serious about all that. Im good but again you think im sitting in front of my pc and typing like a madman in full rage, why? Because i instantly respond? Yes, im sore af from skating just have nothing better to do atm and discuss with you guys. Is it because i snapped in the past? Yeah was shit but i told you it wont happen again.

Like, we re still on the internet and communicate through text and we tend to make so many assumptions. I just wanted to clear it out so theres no misunderstanding and now you re like assuming again that im this or that. Should i use more emojis or GIFs?

Again, im all chill.
You're assuming I'm assuming all these things about you. If you haven't figure out by now that I joke around, I don't know what to say. I give up.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
You're assuming I'm assuming all these things about you. If you haven't figure out by now that I joke around, I don't know what to say. I give up.
I had the feeling is what i said. But yeah, thanks for the clear up. I just dont know your personality that well.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Should i use more emojis or GIFs?
I'd recommend less.

Settle Down Chill Out GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I had the feeling is what i said. But yeah, thanks for the clear up. I just dont know your personality that well.
Really? You REALLY don't know my personality? Not even all the homoerotic gifs? C'mon man. Just admit that people can't have a normal conversation online anymore. It's a shame.