Rant: Its The World In Which We Live! Whats Your Problem?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Rant #2 by dacalion....Silly Wabbit

I have a friend that smokes weed, he's been smoking weed for a very long time and now he's on some metaphysical philosophy bs. My problem with this is how do you damage your body and your brain and then turn around and try to give people knowledgeable advice on anything? It just doesn't make sense to me. Then he wonders why people look at him like he's a fool.

I heard all of the stories on how weed enhances your brain cells, it makes you think better, it puts you into chill mode (whatever the hell that means). From what I see, weed does nothing but destroy brain cells. I even know people that use glaucoma as an excuse for smoking weed. How pathetic is that?

Some of you even brag about doing drugs... wth? It's not cool! What company allows you to smoke weed? What job encourages you to come to work high? Some think people will look at you differently if you smoke weed...lmao and you're right! they look at you as being a fuggin idiot for the most part.

I don't knock anyone who smokes weed, or snorts cocaine, or does whatever...everybody has a choice but keep that ish in your world. Some things are better kept private. Drugs are bad for you! JUST SAY NO!

SMH

Well Id rather be an idiot.

It helps me deal with the bullshit in the world, the same people who talk down weed seem to be the same people that drink alcohol like thats any better, just because its legal.
Im all for letting everyone do what the fuck they want to do to themselves, as long as it doesnt start affecting others.
I wouldnt even be making music if I never used to get stoned and get INTO music in the first place. And without it I cant even be bothered to make music. So for me its a good thing. Fuck what anyone else thinks. I dont care about them, I smoke for me.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
See dacalion but people that smoke alot seem to also be the first to say the man is keeping them down. Nope its you dumb ass.

Wow we actually have agreed twice now...lol. And how many times have we heard that excuse? Ish is senseless imo.

@ 2Good, you just may be the 1 exception to the rule...lol, you're no idiot but that ish is bad for you.

subliminal message to 2GOOD ---> doog2onyastsuj

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"Wow we actually have agreed twice now...lol."

Holy crap mark it on the calendar.

I actually think it should be legal because to throw someone in jail and ruin there life because they smoked and hurt no one is lame

But no it will not help you succeed in life.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I dont tell people to stop smoking then turnaround and drink. I've just lost numerous friends (Some lost who they are and some lost their life) to it. Not a acquittance, I've lost best friends. I've seen people go from A student, college conquerer to a brain dead fiend. They lose all their drive to do anything, besides the basic day to day stuff and get alittle money, for more weed. Shit disgusts me.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just tell them to do something heavy like coke or smack, at least they'll be so wasted they won't even think at all, let alone talk philosophy.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Well Id rather be an idiot.

It helps me deal with the bullshit in the world, the same people who talk down weed seem to be the same people that drink alcohol like thats any better, just because its legal.
Im all for letting everyone do what the fuck they want to do to themselves, as long as it doesnt start affecting others.
I wouldnt even be making music if I never used to get stoned and get INTO music in the first place. And without it I cant even be bothered to make music. So for me its a good thing. Fuck what anyone else thinks. I dont care about them, I smoke for me.

AMEN..

Funny cause I used to think somethin similar Dac, I asked myself why would people enhale smoke to get high? Didn't make sense til I took my first hit. I don't even consider it a drug, being that it isn't altered in any way. I feel like God put that plant on this earth for us to enjoy, even if the shit ain't for everyone. Weed has never had a negative effect on me or my life, I know I will be puffin til I'm the day I'm gone.

Of course nothin a stoner could say could change the opinion of a non stoner and vice verca, so its like beating a dead rapper lol. All I know is Katt Williams said it best when he said the only chemical weed has in it is called don'tgiveafuck..

FYI any1 who thinks stoners ain't functional or successful can go listen to Dre's Chronic or Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles or a million others again as a reminder..

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Every job I have had from busing tables back in High school to now I've had to take a drug test. But like Kat Williams said "If you have a good job I understand, but if you dont have a job and you not smokin weed, I dont know what the fuc is wrong with you." LOL

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
I have a friend that smokes weed, he's been smoking weed for a very long time and now he's on some metaphysical philosophy bs. My problem with this is how do you damage your body and your brain and then turn around and try to give people knowledgeable advice on anything? It just doesn't make sense to me. Then he wonders why people look at him like he's a fool.

I heard all of the stories on how weed enhances your brain cells, it makes you think better, it puts you into chill mode (whatever the hell that means). From what I see, weed does nothing but destroy brain cells. I even know people that use glaucoma as an excuse for smoking weed. How pathetic is that?

Some of you even brag about doing drugs... wth? It's not cool! What company allows you to smoke weed? What job encourages you to come to work high? Some think people will look at you differently if you smoke weed...lmao and you're right! they look at you as being a fuggin idiot for the most part.

I don't knock anyone who smokes weed, or snorts cocaine, or does whatever...everybody has a choice but keep that ish in your world. Some things are better kept private. Drugs are bad for you! JUST SAY NO!

SMH

are you stating that weed does nothing but harm to ones body?

or are you talking about addiction? which would have to include the science that some are more susceptible to addiction, regardless of what that is.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
weed was a part of the world in which we live before corporate jobs ever were.

why should anyone have to live the majority of their life working for someone else? man up and become "the man" in your own aspect. you might have to get off your ass and push your shit for real, but then again, werent you just pushing someone elses shit for half assed pay, and a load of mental stress?
i have worked for several corporations which had strict policies against "drug use" and still kept myself burnt. including such a big name as xerox. those fuckers didnt even pay for the drug test i passed.

-overall, bad choice of rant there. whether or not you smoke weed is the least of my concerns. it isnt really hurting anyone. money is worthless when you start to accumulate more worldly wisdom.
MY problem with things is that people are foolishly not taking their lives into their own hands when they are admittedly uncomfortable in this nation, and relying on "jobs" and "the economy" to make a living. My philosophy on the matter goes somewhat like:
"What is a life worth, if you rely on others to put value in it?"
Starting with that basic thought, a man could turn his life around. Become your own person. Don't rely on a pre-existing cultural norm to define you.
How many men after all feel that what they are doing now is the most important thing in the world? Probably only a few. I suppose I would like to see more people come out of their little bullshit shells of "security" and "safety" and really live to change the world.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
obama-smoking1.jpg

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
To say people look at you in a negative way cuz you smoke weed is pretty one sided....You (@Dac) obviously think this way, many others will disagree. I think a lot of peoples opinions on this subject are spawned from either bias, misinformation, or both.

Everything's best in moderation first and foremost. If you abuse just about anything your going to reap the consequences. But to notion that smoking weed makes you less intelligent is bullshit IMO. I think you either understand the culture and relate to it, or you dont. Plain and simple.

*Also, in response to your opening statement in this thread -
Are you saying that its a trend to be gay?
If anything, Im proud that people of ALL sexual orientations can feel more comfortable being themselves nowadays...(and ironically that whole situation still has a long way to go before gays/lesbians are truly treated the same as everyone else.) Their still pretty much second class citizens here in the US which is pretty fucked up.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Are you saying that its a trend to be gay?

I'd actually go so far as to say that, in DC atleast. Theres ALOT of followers here. Thats all.
edit: or atleast act like it

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
WOW....For real man, i think any of you guys claiming its a trend have shit pretty twisted. Granted, the fashion sense of nowadays has essentially leaned towards this "European/Gay look" here in the US, but the guys who are dressing like this are just your typical followers who like to assimilate with the rest of the herd. Now thats following a trend. Being gay, not so much man. Matter fact, thats pretty offensive in itself to anyone who actually is gay/lesbian.