Reason 5

• beat this! voting starts in...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
hahaha I knew that would get ya. Seriously, I agree with dj360, it doesn't really matter. I like Reason but I like FL better, some like Reason better, it's just a personal preference.

But just to keep the fire burning...I must advise you that more Beat This! Contests have been won with FL Studio than any other...lol. So either FL is better or better producers use FL.

***Waits for retaliation*** LMAO!

S

sobepmp

When I load an instrument or sample in Reason 5 quite frequently it stops responding. I never had this happen with Reason 4. Not sure if I should switch back to Reason 4 or upgrade my PC. I have 4 gigs of RAM and Phenom II x4 965 CPU.

S

sobepmp

I usually have to wait about 60 seconds before it starts responding again, sometimes longer.

S

sobepmp

hmmm are you trying to open the same refills as before? Or are they new ones for Reason 5.
Same Refills. I had windows, Refills and Reason 4 on the same IDE drive when everything was working fine. Before I installed Reason 5 I added a SSD and installed just Windows on the SSD. Everything else is on the IDE Hard Drive. Also I switched from IDE mode to AHCI mode.

S

sobepmp

ok make sure you have installed the intel drivers for your hd controller if you are using AHCI

How is that SSD working out for you? I was thinking of getting one.

My PC boots in 14 seconds and programs seem to run faster with the SSD. I haven't benchmarked it, except for the Windows 7 experience index. The SSD has a score of 7.3 and my 7200 SATA had a score of 5.9. Only problem is the SSD is 80 gig which is why I have Reason and refills on another drive.