RIP Proof from D-12

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Just found this out today.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1259

Rapper Proof of the hip-hop group D12 was shot and killed this morning at an illegal afterhours club on Eight Mile, police said.

Proof, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, was dead on arrival at Conner Creek Medical Center in Detroit, according to a spokeswoman for St. John Health System. He was 32.

Proof befriended Eminem long before he was a houshold name, and was a nearly constant presence as the rapper rose to superstardom. He toured with Eminem as his on-stage hype man, was a member of his group D12, had a bit role in the "8 Mile" movie and served as the best man at his wedding in January.
An unidentified 35-year-old man, who was shot along with Proof, is in critical condition at Detroit's St. John Hospital.
Police were called to the shootings around 5 a.m, following reports of a fight and shots fired.
The club where it occurred is called 3C, and it's at 8 Mile near Hayes. The club isn't illegal but it was operating illegally after hours.
This is the second shooting involving Eminem's entourage in three months.
Another Eminem affiliate, Obie Trice, was shot and wounded New Year's Eve while driving along the Lodge Freeway.
Anyone with information on the shootings is asked to call Detroit Police at 313-596-2260.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Whoa. Damn RIP. He was the nicest one out of D12.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Damn! That's some out of the blue ish. R.I.P. Proof. That's crazy! Like the Toy Soldiers video was a prophecy or some ish.
ONE

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Shit happens in 3s.... That means Flavor Flav is next.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Just saw this on mtv, thats crazy, RIP.

i wonder what thats gona do to Em, i mean it sounds like hes in real bad shape from recent reports

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I heard about this this morning. What a shock! I was really surprised, R.I.P. Proof homie. You will be missed by many. It was also rumored that the guy with him that was also shot is Bizarre. But hopefully that's not true.. I still can't believe this..

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
I heard about this this morning. What a shock! I was really surprised, R.I.P. Proof homie. You will be missed by many. It was also rumored that the guy with him that was also shot is Bizarre. But hopefully that's not true.. I still can't believe this..
Yea, thats what i heard too. If it is, he must be fucked up cuz the police say that both victims were shot in the dome.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
O-H-TEN said:
Damn! That's some out of the blue ish. R.I.P. Proof. That's crazy! Like the Toy Soldiers video was a prophecy or some ish.
ONE
that shit caught me by surprise! Damn, RIP

T

The Bastard

he wasnt nice or anything, but he was human being so i feel bad, r.i.p. im sure the club owner knows whats up if the place was operating illegally

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
R.i.p.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I guess Bizarre is okay and wasn't involved at all..

D-12 Rapper Proof Shot And Killed, Bizarre Alive In Georgia. By Nolan Strong
Date: 4/11/2006 8:40 am

D-12 member Proof was shot and killed in Detroit, Michigan this morning (April 11) at an after hours club on Eight Mile Road.

Proof, born Deshaun Hotlon, was murdered at the Triple C club around 4:30 am and another man was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

"We cannot give out names, or any specifics because of the investigation," Sgt. Omar Feliciano told AllHipHop.com. "We are following our leads. But, one male [Proof], 32, was taken to Holy Cross hospital with a gun shot to the head. Another male, 35, was taken to Sain private transporation and he is in critical condition."

Interscope represenatives also confirmed Bizarre was not involved in the incident.

"Contrary to earlier rumors and reports, D-12 member Bizarre was not involved in the incident in Detroit last night," Interscope said. "He was at home in Atlanta, Georgia."

Earlier reports stated that Bizarre had been shot or that police were seeking to question him, after an altercation took place in the club.

One witness was being questioned by the police, who are still seeking suspects.

Proof was signed to superstar rapper Eminem's Shady Records as a member of the platinum selling group, D-12.

The group, which features members Eminem, Kon Artis, Proof, Swift , Bizarre and Kuniva, released their debut album Devil's Night in 2001. The group followed with D12 World in 2004, which produced the hit single "My Band."

Proof followed with a solo album titled Searching for Jerry Garcia in 2005, released on his own label, Iron Fist Recordings.

Proof was an influential figure on the Detroit rap scene, hosting legendary battles at the Hip Hop Shop.

In the movie 8 Mile, Mekhi Phifer was chosen to embody Proof as the character "Future," while Proof starred in the movie as "Lil Tic."

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
damn thats fucked up i found out in class my teacher was online and was like any of yall heard of proof i was like yea, he was like he got shot, i was like damn.