Warzone Beat Battle - April 29-30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Armani nice beat nice mix, you alreayd know how I feel about this one. Feel like it sounds slightly different to I remember it though. Not sure if some elements of mix are too clean and present for me.

But I gotta know... why you wimping out on the kickdrum these days?! Sounds like it's gingerly knocking on the door of the mix asking to be let in whilst the rest of the mix plows the girl of its dreams from inside.

Thanks for the votes. Lalo Schifrin saved the day. When I heard the first round I thought there was no way I was winning. My favourite was @Armani's beat, I thought it was @Iron Keys, the composition was top notch, really loved it.
@InsideOutBeats congrats on the second place, great remix, really fit the vocal.
Also really liked @InnerThug's track, really good song, surprised I made it to the final being as that was a full song.
I decided not to use an acapella and chop and improvise a hook instead, it worked this time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats @2GooD Productions!

Some beats were dope but mixing was off.

Overall this was very dope, a lot of really good tracks in this. It was nice to see just straight up instrumentals advancing, so people weren't voting just based on whether it had vocals or not.

High-five, everyone!

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

My favourite was @Armani's beat, I thought it was @Iron Keys, the composition was top notch, really loved it.
"Iron Keys, the 'except it's actually placing edition'" besides the small small detail that he places in these battles 15x times more than I do lmfao

Nah fr tho I'm honored to hear that. Congrats too, good to see you winning again, gives this nostalgic feeling of "ok guys we're fighting for 2nd place" lmao.

@Armani nice beat nice mix, you alreayd know how I feel about this one. Feel like it sounds slightly different to I remember it though. Not sure if some elements of mix are too clean and present for me.

But I gotta know... why you wimping out on the kickdrum these days?! Sounds like it's gingerly knocking on the door of the mix asking to be let in whilst the rest of the mix plows the girl of its dreams from inside.
Ngl I've ALWAYS been uncomfortable with kicks and bass. But honestly The perfect kick to me in most cases is one I can't hear but I can feel, yk? Basically a super short and punchy bass makes me happy. I hate when kicks are getting in the way of the song, except when it's 00s style like timbo does it or old Scott or good ol Kanye..

Maybe it's one of those things I hate until I finally try?

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
@2GooD Productions congrats.. def deserving. This was one of the cases where the beat was dope enough on its own compared to the other track that i pretty sure I voted for yours. In the next rounds though, for some reason i feel like one of them i didn't because it was close. Either way, accolades, I'm sure you'll get your props. So, i aint saying anymore. LOL

@Armani Yours was prolly my other favorite. Already got your props too, so yeah.. I need say no more. oh wait.. let me ask, did you use any sample for the pianos and strings? Or is that all composed.... I feel like you were the one on that "orchestrate everything" tip awhile back, so I want to say it's prolly the latter, but hope you say it's the former, because then I'll be jealous, but then I'll also be up your ass trying to learn from you. lol

@Vossi Beats i like the vocals.. for some reason once the main verse came in,, it just didn't quite lock in for me. I think the beat is dope. Yeah, I think the vocal just wasn't jiving in the end for me.. It was still good enough that it was a tough decision.. but you faced what might have been the best beat in the battle. Actually, i think you'd maybe have been better off in that face off without the vocals.. Then it would have been you vs Armani and i think the beat would have been better without teh vocal. Nice job though.

@Mefisto Beats i felt this one relied too much on the vocal. IDK, there's a lot of sounds going on underneath and I'm not sure how much was the vocal adlibs or stuff you added. Maybe there is too much going on the vocal to be able to focus on the beat (FUCK, realization is that maybe that's my problem half the time.....) But, yeah, Doesn't seem like a lot was done on the beat side outside a piano sample?? I could be wrong, Just hard to tell It was good and I actually might have voted for it, soem of the rounds with vocals vs non vocals were close for me.

@InsideOutBeats Really simple type beat, but with the Doom verse it fit so well. I gave the benefit of the doubt taht you were producing for him. In which case, it hit perfectly. It legit could have been a track he'd spit over and you'd never know the diff. Good job. I voted for you all the way until the last one, because, well, beat by 2good was just... too good. I think you might have benefitted in my voting by who you faced, but I still really liked it.

@InnerThug i'll be sure not to talk too much shit since you beat me.. LOL. jk, kinda. I didn't like that vox effect for the melodies. I really didn't like them at all. I also didn't like the vocals. I mean, the beat and vocals went together perfectly. It sounded like a legit song. So, props there, whether that was an acapella or not,,, i'm not sure. Did you record that shit? I guess the piano was nice. The overall composition with the piano and drums is pretty. That vox shit just ruins it for me big time. It does give it some pop vibe, so maybe people connected it to being something they'd hear on the radio or something. I think with just the piano and drums... and i suppose the vocal (even if not MY cup of tea) it would be much more fire. Replace that vox melody sound with some sort of insturmetn or synth ,, something different and I think then it'd be pretty tight. Was still good. I knew it'd be tough to advance, because I feel like it's the type of thing this site would pick. Kinda surprised to lose, but I can see how others might have more preference for those sounds than i do. So, I'll accept the subjective nature and say, well done.

That's all I got time for right now. I'd sure appreciate any of y'all to give me some feedback as well (I thought I'd place after hearing them all). Even if I didn't get a chance right now to comment on yours. I'm always a give as good as you get. So, drop some feedback and you'll get it back equally. Peace.

@Armani Yours was prolly my other favorite. Already got your props too, so yeah.. I need say no more. oh wait.. let me ask, did you use any sample for the pianos and strings? Or is that all composed.... I feel like you were the one on that "orchestrate everything" tip awhile back, so I want to say it's prolly the latter, but hope you say it's the former, because then I'll be jealous, but then I'll also be up your ass trying to learn from you. lol
Thanks thanks and Nah mate, (un)fortunately it's All composed. ScottyCult4Life :coffee:

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Thanks thanks and Nah mate, (un)fortunately it's All composed. ScottyCult4Life :coffee:
I been trying to get on that level. I think my problem is I try to basically compose a whole orchestral piece and add drums. Rather than just using orchestral elements selectively.

What libraries do you like? I’ve had a lot of different shit that was hard to get results out of. I now have the EW Hollywood opus.

I been trying to get on that level. I think my problem is I try to basically compose a whole orchestral piece and add drums. Rather than just using orchestral elements selectively.

What libraries do you like? I’ve had a lot of different shit that was hard to get results out of. I now have the EW Hollywood opus.
Lmao "Ew Hollywood". sounds like an old celeb's motto. never heard of it I think. I use the Miroslav Philarmonik library for the orchestral stuff and it's really a super realistic vst rather than a library.

Maybe don't add the drums? or just add cinematic drums that's a lot more epic. this Rizzak guy who used to be on here once told me that a mistake is the most beautiful thing to make while trying to make music. yk The song is constantly letting you know who it is and a good song is pretty much begging you to let it's flow run freely and let "it" be who it is, instead of fighting to turn it into an acceptable cliche, yk? kinda like raising a child. you don't decide the beats identity, or it'll be depressed later on.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Lmao "Ew Hollywood". sounds like an old celeb's motto. never heard of it I think. I use the Miroslav Philarmonik library for the orchestral stuff and it's really a super realistic vst rather than a library.

Maybe don't add the drums? or just add cinematic drums that's a lot more epic. this Rizzak guy who used to be on here once told me that a mistake is the most beautiful thing to make while trying to make music. yk The song is constantly letting you know who it is and a good song is pretty much begging you to let it's flow run freely and let "it" be who it is, instead of fighting to turn it into an acceptable cliche, yk? kinda like raising a child. you don't decide the beats identity, or it'll be depressed later on.
the first paragraph... you might be high.

the second paragraph... yeah, to an extent.. but the problem is that when i write a song and it tries to be something different orchestrally or otherwise.. i get mad, because I know i need to be the one to rap on it.. so i force it into something i can do. Since I'm putting down the mic to a certain extent, maybe i can let these songs flow as they want... but then they wouldn't end up as beats, per se. And remember how weak your kicks are? I don't want that.. lol..... holla Iron

StoneLockProd

New to the site
but for real.. i'd like both.. and all you fuckers to give me some critiques... i've already learned alot since i've been back to the Ill.
i wanna keep that going. I honestly would feel like my track was top 5. Maybe it was and no one is debating that, but I got unlucky to face number 4 in the 2nd round.... that's possible. And even then.. i want to know what I could have done to push it towards top 2.

give me

Mefisto Beats

SickFlow Records
Battle Points: 103
Congrats @2GooD Productions on the win. Deffo was one of the few good joints I heard so well deserved. (was my 2nd pick xD)
Congrats to @Armani & @ck beat as well. Those beats slaps.
@Mefisto Beats i felt this one relied too much on the vocal. IDK, there's a lot of sounds going on underneath and I'm not sure how much was the vocal adlibs or stuff you added. Maybe there is too much going on the vocal to be able to focus on the beat (FUCK, realization is that maybe that's my problem half the time.....) But, yeah, Doesn't seem like a lot was done on the beat side outside a piano sample?? I could be wrong, Just hard to tell It was good and I actually might have voted for it, soem of the rounds with vocals vs non vocals were close for me.
Yeah time was deffo an issue for me. Couldnt even vote in the finals, managed to take a peek at first two rounds. )
I love the beat I made tho it needs bit mo work, but just slapped first acapella I could find and preset mixer that I use fo my vocals and it suffocated the beat so I get yo point. ) First round exit was expected...
@StoneLockProd Your joint was actually one of the few good ones. Prob my third pick of the day. Unfortunately you got matched up with my 1st pick @InnerThug , was a close call and it came down to personal preference and that vocal adlibs with effects reminded me of my home country, since they use those quite extensively. ) Was a bit more on the RnB side but on one listen stick out to me.

the first paragraph... you might be high.

the second paragraph... yeah, to an extent.. but the problem is that when i write a song and it tries to be something different orchestrally or otherwise.. i get mad, because I know i need to be the one to rap on it.. so i force it into something i can do. Since I'm putting down the mic to a certain extent, maybe i can let these songs flow as they want... but then they wouldn't end up as beats, per se. And remember how weak your kicks are? I don't want that.. lol..... holla Iron
But yk which kicks aren't weak?

CINEMATIC DRUM BOOM BOOMS. EPICCCCCCCCC!!

Congrats @2GooD Productions - got my vote. At first I thought someone was just lifting that Portishead track but you made it your own. Didn't know it was originally from Lalo. Nice mixing and cool chorus.
@InsideOutBeats - tough call was a good track, for me, the drums could have been a bit better, and because the song was sparse I felt like the drums have got to be amazing. But track really suited the vocals.
@ck beat - feeling it
@StoneLockProd - don't sweat it too much. You win some you lose some. I can tell you put a lot of thought into the track, you just got unlucky coming up against a strong track in round 2. If I had to give any feedback my personal feelings are drum track could be better. It's a bit too jerky. Also my personal taste is not into rap songs with a fast tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.