Warzone Beat Battle - April 29-30, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
Lot of vocal tracks VS non vocal tracks. Idk if these are random but too bad. I mean only twice were the beats nicer for me in the non vocal tracks. But I ended up voting for the other because the beat wasn’t THAT much better.

It takes work and creativity most times to put the whole thing together. So unless it’s not even close…. Track with vocals usually wins. I feel like these themes highlight more of the “producer” side of things as opposed to just strictly “beat making”.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
That being said..,. I think I will actually win a round for once!! Lol. I think it will be my second ever. So I’ll be like 2-14. Ooofdah.

Lot of vocal tracks VS non vocal tracks. Idk if these are random but too bad. I mean only twice were the beats nicer for me in the non vocal tracks. But I ended up voting for the other because the beat wasn’t THAT much better.

It takes work and creativity most times to put the whole thing together. So unless it’s not even close…. Track with vocals usually wins. I feel like these themes highlight more of the “producer” side of things as opposed to just strictly “beat making”.
It swings both ways, sometimes a vocal can cover a lazy beat. The vocal isnt a requirement, personally I think thats a good thing. There are only so many acapellas, so being forced to use one is a pain in the arse, especially if none are working with the beat you have in mind. A remix beat this IMO is a better place to be forced to use an acapella, but its fair in that everyone has to use the same one.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
It swings both ways, sometimes a vocal can cover a lazy beat. The vocal isnt a requirement, personally I think thats a good thing. There are only so many acapellas, so being forced to use one is a pain in the arse, especially if none are working with the beat you have in mind. A remix beat this IMO is a better place to be forced to use an acapella, but its fair in that everyone has to use the same one.
those are fair points. Which is why i have to consider the beat, but like i said.. if the beats aren't that far apart...... I consider the vocal to be a heavily weighted tie breaker.. like it would have to be 60-40 to not matter.. if it's closer than that.. you'd have to fuck the vocal up pretty bad. But, you can tell when someone just drops in a vocal without any finesse.... There's a submission here that might qualify for what you are referring to. Strip away the vocal and it'd be without consideration. If I remove the vocal and it's not the best beat.. okay, but that's only part of it. Like I said, the producer aspect of putting it together is considered. I mean,, it's like with the mixing.. two beats that are both pretty decent but one doesn't sound like it was mixed at all.... it aint getting the vote.. why? Because the extra effort to properly mix something is a skill to consider. If the greatly mixed beat however sucks so much more than the amazing beat that wasn't mixed.. well, now it's a consideration. I just think its' the whole gamut that we consider. or at least I consider when voting.

These are just general ideologies and not hard fast rules.. lol. Of course, and in the end it's subjective. But, it's good if people are actually being thoughtful and carefully looking at things. It's like when someone drops a critique.. "that's cool".. like.. okay, thanks. HAHA. I get first gut impressions matter also, but you gotta dig beyond.

anyways, i'm just happy to have finally won a round. might be tough to make the next one though.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
RE the vocal beats discussion.

I'm trying to think of it like this. Whatever beat makes me want to listen to it the most.

It's that simple. Or can be.

Think of the thing as a whole. I know how it can be, you hear one 4 bar loop underneath a vocal and it hits, but it's just a 4 bar loop --- the lack of effort, oh no such travesty! And it can suck when looking at it like that. But if a 4 bar loop was what's needed, and it's making you knock your head and want to keep listening. The producer did what they need to do.

Sometimes there are commercial beats which are basic as fuck, but bump. You don't go, 'oh no this is so simple', you might acknowledge that, but if it's hot, you're gonna listen.

I know these are 'beat battles' or whatnot, and there are criteria. But music is a carnal thing, trust your instinct.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
1651352622556.png

cap.

Super Mario GIF by Gaming GIFs

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Well done Deuces @2GooD Productions

was a narrow call for me that. I would have felt guilty voting either way, but voted for yours. Just 'cause more was done musically. Despite saying what I had previously said.

I considered I could easily listen to both. I like the way that weird musical vibe kinda sat with the vocal clips. And I'm always down for some Kool G Rap.

@InsideOutBeats damn brother. Tough beat. I dunno how close the votes were but my kinda instinct was leaning towards voting your way. Real nice stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online