Warzone Beat Battle - May 27-28, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fade's "Dirty Back Alley Bedroom Retarded" Review:

@Amnesia - Really dope intro. What stood out to me was that snare! Good track overall, the gunshots add some nice flavor.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - It's the drums. I think I mentioned this in an episode of AOTB - try using a drum loop already made and build on that. Stick with that piano at the beginning and add some delay to it.

@Armani - Very hype beat. Well done. Good mix. If anything it sounds like music playing in a chase scene for a movie like Mission Impossible. Like Tom Cruise is running after some guy in an Iranian market.

@Face Valid - Very dope. At first I thought the vocal snippets were a bit too much but they fit very well. Dope vibe. I just wish the drums had just a bit more hype to them.

@FrankyZ - I really like this industrial type of sound. I wasn't sure at first but then realized it works. I would love to hear lyrics over this.

@Fury Beats - The synth in reverse sounds good but when the drums come in for me it's anti-climactic. I like the mellow vibe of the track, I think the drums should be more prominent though.

@guitardep - Piano is super smooth. Drums could hit a bit harder. Bass is slightly heavy but good. Guitar is on point, of course!

@Iron Keys - I'm cripple walking right now with my walker. Nice bounce. Drums smack nicely. The percussion just throws me off a bit. I'm getting a tad bit of West Coast Iranian vibe.

@KiloOnTheBeat - Intro is a bit long but transitions nicely into the beat. The mix is on point. Drums and low end are just right. Melody is nice, just could use a slight variation at one point.

@LiveLargeBeats - I really like this beat. Piano twiddle on the right is nice. Drums and strings are well done. The only thing is the mix - the whole thing just sounds hollow like it's in another room almost. What happened?

@Mahlhavoc - Good job on the drums, hits nicely. I really like the scary sounds in this one. It's just the string melody is okay, I would stick with the scary low end.

@Mefisto Beats - I really like this one because it's hype, it's just that bass end just throws me off a bit. I was waiting for a variation of it at one point. But the drums are nice, and the organ(?) near the end is really good.

@pressBIBLEthump - Just like that other beat, I would say use a drum break first and work around that. That synth at the beginning plus a dope drum break would be a great place to start.

@sicalbeats - Nice little string loop at the start, but really nice once it changes up. Drums hit nicely. Good vocal snippets and scratches.

@Vossi Beats - Nice intro. Drums are on point. Bass is a bit much, I was waiting for some changeups on that. The melody is dope though, I like how it changes. Good transitions.

@YannFer - Horns are dope. I thought the beginning was just the loop and you had drums on top, but realized those are the drums. I think the sample you have plus some harder drums would be dope! Good composition though.
"West Coast Iranian Vibe" Lmao

My Takes:
@Mahlhavoc That shit was fire, absolutely killed the atmosphere. Fuck with it.
@Fury Beats eh could have put more thought ino it tbh. the base was great but you should've taken it somewhere better. like can't u feel how repetitive it gets? it needs something on top of it and a good mix and it's pro tier.
@Iron Keys I heard @Face Valid 's beat and said to myself "Oh Shit, so Iron DID get fire ready for this", then I heard the one against it and thought ehh if I was going for something storchy the "Iron keys" one (1st one) is a more valid choice. I did doubt that both could be you ngl. unlucky draw.
@Mefisto Beats BRO you down to collab? :oops::oops::oops: (Really tho)
@YannFer Musical n stylish as always. you just need a better production, yk? like the composition is good, vibes are THERE, but it needs to all be put together, yk? Love it, but has to be produced.
@Amnesia You're one of my new favorites out here with that. the backed-up shit talk, the solid production, most importantly the name choice. awesome stuff, keep it up.
@guitardep I'll dm you on that, keep the beat file.

congrats to everyone who won which is everyone who witnessed this whole thing, bigger congrats to Amnesia, I think it's his first time placing so high, same with @FrankyZ & @KiloOnTheBeat also to @Mefisto Beats, if bro had a slightly better mix he could have been higher.

and pappas obviously sucks idk how he keeps ending up up there.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
nah, always out rd 2, I go a little further and now its "I keep.."? stop bruh. Appreciate you though. I, myself, liked my drums but thats kinda where it started and ended on this beat.

nah, always out rd 2, I go a little further and now its "I keep.."? stop bruh. Appreciate you though. I, myself, liked my drums but thats kinda where it started and ended on this beat.
I meant top 5's in generalllllllll

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
you had my vote

"West Coast Iranian Vibe" Lmao

My Takes:
@Mahlhavoc That shit was fire, absolutely killed the atmosphere. Fuck with it.
@Fury Beats eh could have put more thought ino it tbh. the base was great but you should've taken it somewhere better. like can't u feel how repetitive it gets? it needs something on top of it and a good mix and it's pro tier.
@Iron Keys I heard @Face Valid 's beat and said to myself "Oh Shit, so Iron DID get fire ready for this", then I heard the one against it and thought ehh if I was going for something storchy the "Iron keys" one (1st one) is a more valid choice. I did doubt that both could be you ngl. unlucky draw.
@Mefisto Beats BRO you down to collab? :oops::oops::oops: (Really tho)
@YannFer Musical n stylish as always. you just need a better production, yk? like the composition is good, vibes are THERE, but it needs to all be put together, yk? Love it, but has to be produced.
@Amnesia You're one of my new favorites out here with that. the backed-up shit talk, the solid production, most importantly the name choice. awesome stuff, keep it up.
@guitardep I'll dm you on that, keep the beat file.

congrats to everyone who won which is everyone who witnessed this whole thing, bigger congrats to Amnesia, I think it's his first time placing so high, same with @FrankyZ & @KiloOnTheBeat also to @Mefisto Beats, if bro had a slightly better mix he could have been higher.

@Armani Respect. You're one of my favorite producers on this board so that means a lot coming from you. In the words of Tony Montana....

1.jpg

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
My 2 Cents... @Armani ---- Maaaaannn, suck my dick and fuck you for that lousy feedback. j/k Thanks for the feedback. I will take the feedback, although if my track was as bad as you say, it wouldn't have made it so far but then it might not have been your taste in it's current form. I will take your advice graciously and keep rising in future rounds...Congrats to all the placers.

Battle Points: 99
Wow I'm genuinely shocked I won as there were so many good beats here. Great job to everyone that joined. @Mahlhavoc if youre referring to my beat i will take any critique you may have but i can assure you i did not use any loops. I despise them to a T. I just went for a more casual drum pattern (Repetitive an all) and just broke it up with pauses and an open hat solo. But I'm with you on loops for sure. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. And @Amnesia the way your beat just kept throwing a new “ sound was keeping me listen till the end.
Great Job❤️ #KeepPressin!!

Wow no one was feeling my beat.

Zero taste lives here.

I was feeling your beat man nice all round vocal and mix all good but first round @Face Valid’s beat had me from the get go! Something about that drum pattern clicked instantly.
This Warzone had some fire beats and I honestly struggled for a while to vote as kept finding that I liked both beats then really had to study them to make a choice.

Other Warzone’s can be straight forward where with many of the match up’s a beat clearly pissses over the other.

I enjoyed this Warzone, not so straight forward which is only good for us all as producers. Who wants to win against shit beats? The better the competition the better for all of us and then it’s a real battle.
Anyway you’ll soon be straight back up there (y)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
I was feeling your beat man nice all round vocal and mix all good but first round @Face Valid’s beat had me from the get go! Something about that drum pattern clicked instantly.
This Warzone had some fire beats and I honestly struggled for a while to vote as kept finding that I liked both beats then really had to study them to make a choice.

Other Warzone’s can be straight forward where with many of the match up’s a beat clearly pissses over the other.

I enjoyed this Warzone, not so straight forward which is only good for us all as producers. Who wants to win against shit beats? The better the competition the better for all of us and then it’s a real battle.
Anyway you’ll soon be straight back up there (y)
Meh nah I'm not even talking win/knockout/whatever I haven't heard a single beat so can't comment.

But what I do know, is my beat was pure fire --- genuinely the best beat I have ever uploaded to ill.

And not a single person has said 'yo Iron Keys this beat is insane'.

So I'm kinda done.

No beef.

Sometimes in life there are moments where you have to go off and do your own thing, this may be one of them.

Meh nah I'm not even talking win/knockout/whatever I haven't heard a single beat so can't comment.

But what I do know, is my beat was pure fire --- genuinely the best beat I have ever uploaded to ill.

And not a single person has said 'yo Iron Keys this beat is insane'.

So I'm kinda done.

No beef.

Sometimes in life there are moments where you have to go off and do your own thing, this may be one of them.

@Iron Keys mate you’ve done this before felt you’d had enough then bounced back with fire beats.
Look at some of the shit I upload that’s gotta make ya feel better :ROFLMAO:

Facts are I’m always learning and mostly always enjoying the process.
Ive taken onboard so much information from better more experienced producers here and a lot of help and advice was from you!

Take the knocks man, listen to some music that you find personally inspiring and get ya head back in the game!
We’re a community here and as much as we like shit talking and taking the piss out of each other we also support one another!

So get out of ya fucking slump and get back making that fire we all know and expect from @Iron Keys

flame thrower fire GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys mate you’ve done this before felt you’d had enough then bounced back with fire beats.
Look at some of the shit I upload that’s gotta make ya feel better :ROFLMAO:

Facts are I’m always learning and mostly always enjoying the process.
Ive taken onboard so much information from better more experienced producers here and a lot of help and advice was from you!

Take the knocks man, listen to some music that you find personally inspiring and get ya head back in the game!
We’re a community here and as much as we like shit talking and taking the piss out of each other we also support one another!

So get out of ya fucking slump and get back making that fire we all know and expect from @Iron Keys

flame thrower fire GIF

It literally has nothing to do with anything you just said.

I'm also not in a slump or making shit beats thanks.

This is something I already mentioned a couple days ago in the discord before any battle.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I have to disagree. I've heard plenty of other beats you uploaded that were much better. Like the ones where you won battles.
I don't think my best beats have ever won a battle. I think at best they've placed. Some have not-placed.

I actually think most of my Ws have been with relatively sub-standard beats.

Will happily 'review' any of my Ws to express the latter point.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't think my best beats have ever won a battle. I think at best they've placed. Some have not-placed.

I actually think most of my Ws have been with relatively sub-standard beats.

Will happily 'review' any of my Ws to express the latter point.
I don't get why you put expectations on yourself like that. It's like as if you're mad that you won because it wasn't your best. Then you tell yourself and everyone else that your beat is amazing and you're going to win. Then you don't win and get upset.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I don't get why you put expectations on yourself like that. It's like as if you're mad that you won because it wasn't your best. Then you tell yourself and everyone else that your beat is amazing and you're going to win. Then you don't win and get upset.
simon cowell facepalm GIF

I literally said has nothing to with wins or not. I said people don't like it. Which to me, is just a bit mad. It's really pretty simple concept to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.